Could Rice, Powell, and Congress emails survive same level of scrutiny as Hillary?

NaziCons just want to burn Hillary. They don't care about Rice and Powell - or Congress.

If you think Powell and Rice violated the law get the Obama DOJ to prosecute them. But you cant now can you since the Hillary case sets a precedent that our laws do not have to be followed by civil servants.

This is not about Powell and Rice, this is about the proven criminal that you idiots want to put in the whitehouse. Do you understand that the minute she is sworn in she will be exposed to blackmail from many of our enemies who have her incriminating e-mails? Why doesn't that bother you? Is getting a female in the whitehouse more important than our country?

What is wrong with you libs and dems?
George Bush signed a subpoena saying he had never been arrested nor convicted of a crime. He had been arrested and convicted of drunk driving and he lost his license. When confronted, he said it was a youthful indiscretion, even though he was nearly 40 at the time.

The difference between Bill's subpoena and Bush's subpoena is that Bill was covering up a blowjob and was impeached and Bush was covering up a crime and the GOP didn't care.

After what Republicans did to this country under Bush, one has to wonder if the GOP is on the side of Isis.

Which one of them is running for President?
86540967.jpg

Pretty sure AOL is a private company... Did Powell know the security of AOL when hosting his email there... He also deleted the emails rather than hand them over...

Clinton hosted her own with her own security and kept almost every email...

Comparing the two Clinton looks great...

“Secretary Clinton should have preserved any Federal records she created and received on her personal account by printing and filing those records with the related files in the Office of the Secretary,” the report states. “At a minimum, Secretary Clinton should have surrendered all emails dealing with Department business before leaving government service and, because she did not do so, she did not comply with the Department’s policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act."

Clinton had her staff delete about 32,000 emails. Yikes!

Investigators also concluded that former Secretary of State Colin Powell, who used a personal email as well, likewise did not follow record keeping laws. However, the report notes significant difference in their circumstances: During Powell's tenure, State's capacity to email people outside the department was limited. He said he needed it to reach people who didn't work at State. The IG also noted that he used email less frequently than Clinton and top technology officials were aware of his personal email use.

State Department: Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice staffers received classified info via personal email - CNNPolitics.com

"Colin Powell and top staffers for Condoleezza Rice received classified information through personal email accounts, according to a new report from State Department investigators."

Colin Powell openly wrote about this practice in 2012:
To complement the official State Department computer in my office, I installed a laptop computer on a private line. My personal email account on the laptop allowed me direct access to anyone online. I started shooting emails to my principal assistants, to individual ambassadors, and increasingly to my foreign-minister colleagues who like me were trying to bring their ministries into the 186,000-miles-per-second world.

- Colin Powell, Worked For Me: In Life And Leadership, published 2012.

Personal. Email. Account. Used to communicate with our ambassadors, foreign ministers, and State Department staff.

If he had "direct access to anyone online", that means any hacker online had access to his laptop.

I didn't hear you rubes screaming for his head back then.

Hillary Clinton should have tightened the incredibly lax security at State. Instead, she exploited it for personal convenience. She doesn't get a pass.

If it's not government owned, it's considered private. AOL is a private server. Powell and the government had no control whatsoever.

I thought that was obvious. Surprised it needed to be said.

They turned over the emails contemporaneously as required. Hillary held onto hers (that is those she didn't delete) for several years. She broke the rules.

NaziCons just want to burn Hillary. They don't care about Rice and Powell - or Congress.

If you think Powell and Rice violated the law get the Obama DOJ to prosecute them. But you cant now can you since the Hillary case sets a precedent that our laws do not have to be followed by civil servants.

This is not about Powell and Rice, this is about the proven criminal that you idiots want to put in the whitehouse. Do you understand that the minute she is sworn in she will be exposed to blackmail from many of our enemies who have her incriminating e-mails? Why doesn't that bother you? Is getting a female in the whitehouse more important than our country?

our resident faux indian thinks this is funny. Why is the truth funny to you tonto? is it that you don't understand legal predecents?

State Department: Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice staffers received classified info via personal email - CNNPolitics.com

"Colin Powell and top staffers for Condoleezza Rice received classified information through personal email accounts, according to a new report from State Department investigators."

Colin Powell openly wrote about this practice in 2012:
To complement the official State Department computer in my office, I installed a laptop computer on a private line. My personal email account on the laptop allowed me direct access to anyone online. I started shooting emails to my principal assistants, to individual ambassadors, and increasingly to my foreign-minister colleagues who like me were trying to bring their ministries into the 186,000-miles-per-second world.

- Colin Powell, Worked For Me: In Life And Leadership, published 2012.

Personal. Email. Account. Used to communicate with our ambassadors, foreign ministers, and State Department staff.

If he had "direct access to anyone online", that means any hacker online had access to his laptop.

I didn't hear you rubes screaming for his head back then.

the real question is why didn't you libs scream for his head? Was it because he became a rino and joined forces with you?

If it's not government owned, it's considered private. AOL is a private server. Powell and the government had no control whatsoever.

I thought that was obvious. Surprised it needed to be said.

They turned over the emails contemporaneously as required. Hillary held onto hers (that is those she didn't delete) for several years. She broke the rules.

No, they didn't. Read the link.

our resident faux indian thinks this is funny. Why is the truth funny to you tonto? is it that you don't understand legal predecents?

yeah fauxlakota, I'm glad that you are amused by the truth. keep it up with the smiley faces, they are better than your insane partisan rants.

The March 4 ABC News article reported that "a final memorandum" issued by "[t]he State Department's internal investigation arm" found that former secretaries of state "handled classified material on unclassified email systems." The State Department found that emails handled on private email accounts associated with Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice contain "information classified at the Secret or Confidential levels.'" Former Secretary Powell responded that those identified emails were not marked "'Confidential at the time and they were sent as unclassified,'" seemingly underscoring Secretary Clinton's defense that "the State Department is classifying documents too aggressively" (emphasis added):

More: State Dept. Concludes Past Secretaries Of State "Definitively" Handled Classified Information On Private Email

What's good for the goose should also be good for the gander.

While I believe the CIA failed the Obama administration in a really big way, and on many levels leading directly to the very failures that repubs are now blaming Hillary for. But, it truly was the height of stupidly on the part of Obama and Hillary to lie to the people about the circumstances surrounding the deaths of our ambassador & three foreign service workers resulting from the terrorist attack on our consular office in Lybia.

why investigate them? the precedent is set, secretaries of state are not subject to the laws that the rest of us are subject to.

last time I checked nobody gave a shit about politicians and emails until Clinton did it.

No one gave a shit about violating federal security laws????? really?

Your head is so far up Hillary's fat ass you have no idea what the real world is like.

The March 4 ABC News article reported that "a final memorandum" issued by "[t]he State Department's internal investigation arm" found that former secretaries of state "handled classified material on unclassified email systems." The State Department found that emails handled on private email accounts associated with Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice contain "information classified at the Secret or Confidential levels.'" Former Secretary Powell responded that those identified emails were not marked "'Confidential at the time and they were sent as unclassified,'" seemingly underscoring Secretary Clinton's defense that "the State Department is classifying documents too aggressively" (emphasis added):

More: State Dept. Concludes Past Secretaries Of State "Definitively" Handled Classified Information On Private Email

What's good for the goose should also be good for the gander.

Yep, the FBI should exonerate them too. After all, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

You dumb shit. You destroy your own argument.

Forum List

Back