Could Obama enforce Martial Law?

You seem to forget, conveniently enough..Kent State.

Where National Guard fired upon college students.

That was accidental. Had the National Guard intended to shoot college students, they would have gotten many more.

Kent State isn't an example of martial law. It happened as a result of poorly trained, equipped and supervised Guard Troops placed in a bad spot and taunted by professional agitators.. Waco was a better example that illustrates what the Military is capable of when it is led by hysterical politicians and goaded by unsubstantiated or false rumors intentionally spread by the media. I heard a breathless reporter claim that Koresch had a super weapon and he was molesting kids while in fact he was refused medical treatment for a gunshot wound at the time.The media also assisted in the coverup of the aftermath. I watched as Janet Reno compared a Military tank to a used car and stumbled over every aspect of the debacle until she was mercifully cut off in mid sentence by friendly democrat senator Schumer.

Fair warning: I have been deputized to run several FEMA camps in the interior swamplands of Central Florida. We will be rounding up anyone remotely supporting Republican policies and putting them to work in the sugar cane fields!!!

:)

good...we need more sugar to go into the Coca Cola we will be selling to the Chyneezers so we can kill em off with the diabetes!!!:lol:
:thup:

We are on the same wavelength!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MiQzAo6Cp8]The Archies Sugar Sugar - YouTube[/ame]

I think Kent State was a case of poorly led inexperienced young Guard Troops with live ammo being taunted by experienced mob leaders. The point is that Police and Military can be placed in a situation where they will willingly fire on American citizens. I'm not faulting the greatest Military in the world. Obama would have to get rid of a few generals along the way but the Troops will try to complete the mission just like they have always done. If the mission is to put down what the government claims is a rebellion they will do it.

Uhhh...no.
This is why we have a separate armed militia that serve in this capacity.
Much like the Romans, no soldiers were allowed to take part in any civil matter.

Any modern president has the (legal) power to order the Military to enforce a form of martial law if the situation calls for it. Democrat administrations always have an edge because the liberal media usually supports democrat agendas. Look at modern history. Affronts to the US Constitution always occur during democrat administrations. Republicans usually don't get away with it because the media does it's job when a republican is in office.

I had a discussion with a friend recently who claims that neither the Military nor federal law-enforcement would never fire on American citizens. Unfortunately, I beg to differ. As long as the media can convince Americans that a certain segment of society is the enemy anything is possible. FDR used the Military to place innocent American citizens behind barbed wire after the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Federal law enforcement attacked an innocent US Army Veteran's family after a failed attempt to force him into being a federal informant. The legendary Ruby Ridge siege happened during a republican administration and an FBI sniper was indicted for shooting a woman in the face while she was holding an 18th month old baby in her arms.
Tanks and poison gas were used against an alleged subversive religious sect in Waco Tx. while breathless reporters claimed Koresch had secret weapons capable of shooting miles and he was engaging in child abuse at that very moment so the feds better invade quickly. The allegations were never proven and as a matter of fact Koresch lay dying from wounds at the time. Tanks and attack helicopters were called in and only a few Branch Dividians survived the invasion.
Recently the feds shipped over 2,000 illegal weapons to Mexico. Allegedly hundreds of Mexican citizens were killed as well as a US Border Patrol agent. The weapons are still in (rebel?) criminal hands and the media either ignores the crime or justifies the administration's action
My opinion is that it might be difficult for the left wing administration to get away with full scale Martial Law but it could be done in stages. We just saw the Mussolini looking head of the largest union in the Country standing next to the grinning president and shouting "we are your army and we are ready to march and take those SOB's (American citizens?) out, so there is support within the radical rank and file of union members. The media ignored Jesse Jackson Jr. recently when he suggested that the "states were in rebellion" so it justifies any action Obama might take and the Governor of N.C. offered a suggestion that the Constitution be tabled for a while and the 2012 elections be posponed. Anything is possible if the democrat party stands united and the media supports the action.

Can Obama invoke Marshall Law? Sure he could and can. What? Did you think all that shit Bush signed into law surrounding the Patriot Act was just for him? All you morons that were sucked into "the war o terror" have no one but yourselves to blame if Obama decides to use the powers LEGALLY given to him via Bush...including invoking Marshall law any time he chooses to... SUCKERS!!!!

I want Marcia Law enforced.

Marcia.jpg

elvis said:
Hi, you have received -575 reputation points from elvis.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
fuck off, idiot

Regards,
elvis

Note: This is an automated message.

:razz:

The Reagan Administration organized a plan to supplement the National Guard if it became necessary to deal with widespread civil disorder. The plan was called Operation Rex. It called for the construction of concentration camps in every state and the expedient conversion of certain military bases into emergency detention camps. The administrative strategy included preparation and maintenance of a logistical procedure for dispatching personnel to states farthest away from their home states as possible to avoid conflicts and dissent.

Last edited:
The Reagan Administration organized a plan to supplement the National Guard if it became necessary to deal with widespread civil disorder. The plan was called Operation Rex. It called for the construction of concentration camps in every state and the expedient conversion of certain military bases into emergency detention camps. The administrative strategy included preparation and maintenance of a logistical procedure for dispatching personnel to states farthest away from their home states as possible to avoid conflicts and dissent.

Reagan's plan was reasonable and was balanced by the media. The media would never allow a republicn president to exceed his authority as they did when FDR actually stripped American citizens of their property and posessions and placed them in concentration camps. Reality trumps imagination.

Any modern president has the (legal) power to order the Military to enforce a form of martial law if the situation calls for it. Democrat administrations always have an edge because the liberal media usually supports democrat agendas. Look at modern history. Affronts to the US Constitution always occur during democrat administrations. Republicans usually don't get away with it because the media does it's job when a republican is in office.

Right, because Bush was a modern day Thomas Jefferson with regards to the constitution :rolleyes:

Right, because Bush was a modern day Thomas Jefferson with regards to the constitution :rolleyes:

You can't even get the media to support a Military action authorized by congress during a republican administration. Democrats approved the operation in Iraq and the media criticized every step while democrats sat back and pretend to be bystanders or even members of the jihad. Bill Clinton's "wag the dog" bombing of Yugoslavia was widely supported by the liberal media and Obama's assassination policies of foreign leaders seem to be promoted. The point is that the media would support a democrat administration no questions asked even to the point of martial law. If an administration has total support of the media anything is possible.

Tenn. (Gore's home state) has the quasi-military Homeland Security people teamed up with Tenn. state police in random traffic checkpoints for no particular reason. Homeland Security is in Michigan for no particular reason setting up roadblocks. What's going on? The liberal media don't care.

Granny says, "Dat's right - Obama gonna lock up all dem Mooslamic weird-o's...
:cool:
Senate Moves To Allow Military To Intern Americans Without Trial
Monday, November 28, 2011 - NDAA detention provision would turn America into a “battlefield”
The Senate is set to vote on a bill today that would define the whole of the United States as a “battlefield” and allow the U.S. Military to arrest American citizens in their own back yard without charge or trial. “The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president—and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself,” writes Chris Anders of the ACLU Washington Legislative Office.

Under the ‘worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial’ provision of S.1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which is set to be up for a vote on the Senate floor this week, the legislation will “basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who supports the bill. The bill was drafted in secret by Senators Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.), before being passed in a closed-door committee meeting without any kind of hearing. The language appears in sections 1031 and 1032 of the NDAA bill.

“I would also point out that these provisions raise serious questions as to who we are as a society and what our Constitution seeks to protect,” Colorado Senator Mark Udall said in a speech last week. One section of these provisions, section 1031, would be interpreted as allowing the military to capture and indefinitely detain American citizens on U.S. soil. Section 1031 essentially repeals the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 by authorizing the U.S. military to perform law enforcement functions on American soil. That alone should alarm my colleagues on both sides of the aisle, but there are other problems with these provisions that must be resolved.”

This means Americans could be declared domestic terrorists and thrown in a military brig with no recourse whatsoever. Given that the Department of Homeland Security has characterized behavior such as buying gold, owning guns, using a watch or binoculars, donating to charity, using the telephone or email to find information, using cash, and all manner of mundane behaviors as potential indicators of domestic terrorism, such a provision would be wide open to abuse. “American citizens and people picked up on American or Canadian or British streets being sent to military prisons indefinitely without even being charged with a crime. Really? Does anyone think this is a good idea? And why now?” asks Anders.

MORE

Tenn. (Gore's home state) has the quasi-military Homeland Security people teamed up with Tenn. state police in random traffic checkpoints for no particular reason. Homeland Security is in Michigan for no particular reason setting up roadblocks. What's going on? The liberal media don't care.

Hey, that clown was born and mostly raised in Washington D.C., we don't claim him and remember he LOST in Tennessee in the 2000 election.
Waco and Ruby Ridge involved small groups of people, nationwide martial law would be impossible to enforce if the population refused to comply. I also believe that would cause an internal war within the military if they were ordered to enforce martial law.

I've lived in Michigan all my life, i've never heard of this. Not saying it isn't true, just thought i'd hear something about roadblocks. Maybe they're closer to the Detroit area...i could almost see it happening over there!!!

Forum List

Back