Corporate welfare in action ....

Not when the business makes the decision of where to go.

If the decision is based on the customer, tax abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars.

It's not dictated by the government. Businesses don't go where customers don't exist. If you knew anything about business, you'd understand that.
Then abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars. Thank you.

Again, you claim things for which you don't understand.

You just said the tax abatement's don't affect where business goes. That makes them a complete waste of tax payers money.

I said a business picks the government doesn't place them. Get it right before you come back.

If the decision is based on the customer, tax abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars.

It's not dictated by the government. Businesses don't go where customers don't exist. If you knew anything about business, you'd understand that.

You just said the tax abatement's don't affect where business goes. That makes them a complete waste of tax payers money.

I said a business picks the government doesn't place them. Get it right before you come back.

Is the government affecting their decision?

Yes. That's the point. This is all about government angling for more control of private interests.

That's the responsibility of every employer.

Answer this; How much do you pay employees that make you all of your monies?

The responsibility of an employer is to pay a competitive wage, safe working conditions and to pay on time. The employee is paid their exact worth. If one employee is of more value to the employer than another, they are entitled to be paid more. Where and how they live is not the responsibility of the employer but rather that of the employee.

The competitive wage is below a livable wage making the competitive wage be too low.

Define: Exact worth.

Employees that are degreed for certification (example: Engineer) generally make more because the employer must have them to operate, otherwise no.

I never wrote 'where and how they live.' I wrote livable wage.

Huge loss for WI tax payers:
Under the bill, the company would have 15 years to access the maximum $2.85 billion in cash payments tied to meeting the investment and hiring numbers. They can also receive $150 million in sales tax exemptions on construction equipment.

Wisconsin Legislature approves $3 billion incentive for Foxconn

See where all this defending corporate welfare gets us?
$2.85 billion in cash payments

All going to a foreign company. This is worse than solyndra and done by Republicans.

You say tax abatement's are ok.

Government hears: All corporate welfare is great.

Conservatives used to understand things like this. What a sad state we are in.

Do you know what 100 additional trucks on roads already heavily used by trucks means? Absolutely nothing. The Industrial complex up the road from the mall probably gets more than that; I should know, I deliver to that area all the time.

Yes, bad management did not help, but it was more the environment that they created. They used to allow people to hang outside by the doors......especially by the cinemas. If a white person walked to those doors, they were made fun of and at times spit upon. Dead bodies were found in the parking lots. Cars were either broken into or stolen all the time. A friend of my sister told me her brother was attacked by blacks in the restroom. He got the best of them because he was a high school wrestling champ, but still ended up wounded.

When better and safer malls were built, people flocked to those instead. Randall Park Mall became the ghetto of malls, and nothing could be done about it.

Another 100+ trucks per day means absolutely nothing on a road that was engineered in the 70's? Please.....

Bad management was the cause of everything you wrote.

btw, how much did Amazon pay for the property?

Correct, another 100 trucks doesn't mean anything on roads that see thousands of trucks per day. Route 43 (miles road) which the mall sits on is all industry anyway. In fact, it's industry for several miles. That's besides the fact most trucks will be exiting on Route 8 from I-480 which is less than a half-mile from the site, so trucks going there won't be on the road very long anyway. Both Miles and Route 8 are five lane roads: two lanes going each way plus a center lane for making turns.

I wrote 100+ trucks from a company that is paying far less in property tax than other companies. This is a screwing to the other companies AND tax payers.
how you figure, they didn't get a break in gas tax or sales tax on the goods to move or any road fees. wow you really hate business. you got a chip or something about one of em?

Amazon pays fuel and sales tax? How so? (online company)
How do they get material in and out of their warehouse ?

If you can't afford to pay your workers a living wage you shouldn't be in business. Period.

Why are employees due a "living wage" regardless of the work they do? When did it become the responsibility of the business owner to defy Darwin?

Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of by others by statute.

That's the responsibility of every employer.

Answer this; How much do you pay employees that make you all of your monies?
whatever the industry pays. it's simple. you either maintain a staff competitively or go belly up. So salaries have to be equivalent with the surrounding area businesses in the same market.

Why not paying more than the industry? I do, and make more than my competitors.
You make my point

Another 100+ trucks per day means absolutely nothing on a road that was engineered in the 70's? Please.....

Bad management was the cause of everything you wrote.

btw, how much did Amazon pay for the property?

Correct, another 100 trucks doesn't mean anything on roads that see thousands of trucks per day. Route 43 (miles road) which the mall sits on is all industry anyway. In fact, it's industry for several miles. That's besides the fact most trucks will be exiting on Route 8 from I-480 which is less than a half-mile from the site, so trucks going there won't be on the road very long anyway. Both Miles and Route 8 are five lane roads: two lanes going each way plus a center lane for making turns.

I wrote 100+ trucks from a company that is paying far less in property tax than other companies. This is a screwing to the other companies AND tax payers.
how you figure, they didn't get a break in gas tax or sales tax on the goods to move or any road fees. wow you really hate business. you got a chip or something about one of em?

Contract carriers.

Contract carriers.
So you're saying amazon has no fleet?? Hahahaha what a stupid fk you are

Last edited:

Contract carriers.
So you're saying amazon has no fleet?? Hahahaha what a stupid fk you ate

They have a small fleet of trailers that are pulled by contract carriers.

Contract carriers.

Do they pay taxes?

Contract carriers.

Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little
Property tax? Very little to none depending on the deals made with locals and States.

Pertaining to the subject of this thread; Free land and a 75% discount on property tax for a company making $136B in revenue! SWEET DEAL!!!!

Contract carriers.

Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little
Property tax? Very little to none depending on the deals made with locals and States.

Pertaining to the subject of this thread; Free land and a 75% discount on property tax for a company making $136B in revenue! SWEET DEAL!!!!
So are you pissed cause they're the most profitable company today? All the people that do business with them all pay taxes when doing business with them. Taxes are paid because of them and that upsets you. You truly are fking stupid

Contract carriers.

Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little

Still not sure your point. Are you mad cause they got a deal or what?

Contract carriers.

Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little

Sales tax fuel taxes are being paid because of them

Do they pay taxes?

Road and fuel tax? No.
Sales tax? Very little

Sales tax fuel taxes are being paid because of them
So you hate employers

Employers hate even their most productive employees. Most all of them discuss ways to get rid of these costly people. But some of you believe employees should be loyal to employees....the truth is a smart employee is always ready to leave and 2 weeks notice should be illegal...for a better job....goodbye right now.

Forum List

Back