Coronavirus: Trump berates media at jaw-dropping briefing

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

There are more than 23,000 Americans dead because of coronavirus and more than half a million infected - and remember that, in early March, Donald Trump was saying there were a handful of cases, but that would soon be down to zero.

Yet Donald Trump walked into the briefing room with scores to settle with the media. This wasn't about the dead, the desperately sick, the people fearful of catching the virus. This was about him. And more particularly his profound sense of grievance that the media has been critical of his handling of Covid-19.

This is pretty damning stuff from one of the more milder outlets. I don't know what the reaction is like over there but over here its along the lines of

"2000 Americans dying every day ? Hey lets make a video attacking the media"

When the Captain of the ship goes mad there is a rule that allows the next in command to take over. Isnt there a similar device in your constitution ?

There are more than 23,000 Americans dead because of coronavirus and more than half a million infected - and remember that, in early March, Donald Trump was saying there were a handful of cases, but that would soon be down to zero.

Yet Donald Trump walked into the briefing room with scores to settle with the media. This wasn't about the dead, the desperately sick, the people fearful of catching the virus. This was about him. And more particularly his profound sense of grievance that the media has been critical of his handling of Covid-19.

This is pretty damning stuff from one of the more milder outlets. I don't know what the reaction is like over there but over here its along the lines of

When the Captain of the ship goes mad there is a rule that allows the next in command to take over. Isnt there a similar device in your constitution ?

Tommy when I think of the UK, I think of you, and how we're not at all allies anymore, and I vote accordingly. And I make my voice heard accordingly.

We don't need you, Tommy.

But you still need us, and if you ever succeed in sinking us, you'll be in bigger trouble than we will. Then, good luck with Red China. You will really hate your totalitarian overlords. But you small-minded sorts never really do think ahead, do you?

If the media wants a good relationship with Trump, they sure as hell don't show it. Someone should tell those stupid bastards that constantly attacking someone is no way to develop a healthy relationship. But if they want to continue dishing it out, they deserve much more than what they're getting in return.

Don't you have a tea party of little old ladies to turn in to the Gestapo?

D]

Donnie is having a public meltdown as America rejects him and his approval rating continues a downward slope. He is literally going crazy mad on public tv. His supporters, decreasing in numbers, just whine and baaaaa like lost sheep.

Put a person with the temperament of a spoiled 12-year old boy in the White House and that's what you get.

We'll get past this.
For Sopel to use the phrase "jaw dropping" is a first. He knows what is going on but plays it straight. Maybe its better for people that Trump is busy making propaganda films than dealing with the crisis. (fake crisis?)
The world could do with some leadership at the moment though.

D]

Donnie is having a public meltdown as America rejects him and his approval rating continues a downward slope. He is literally going crazy mad on public tv. His supporters, decreasing in numbers, just whine and baaaaa like lost sheep.
Would the correct term for his "decreasing supporters" be the "trump rump" ?

Put a person with the temperament of a spoiled 12-year old boy in the White House and that's what you get.

We'll get past this.
For Sopel to use the phrase "jaw dropping" is a first. He knows what is going on but plays it straight. Maybe its better for people that Trump is busy making propaganda films than dealing with the crisis. (fake crisis?)
The world could do with some leadership at the moment though.
I'm sure there's been a great deal of communication among "world leaders", but they're all being pulled in different directions.

But yes, you'd think they could do some significant joint public communication, like our governors did yesterday.

Why anyone watches this circus any longer is beyond me.

The states on Covid-19 are right here

The rest is theatrics from both the blob and the press.

The U

Why anyone watches this circus any longer is beyond me.

The states on Covid-19 are right here

The rest is theatrics from both the blob and the press.
The UK figures are under reported by at least 15%. It transpires that they are only reporting deaths in hospitals. People who die in care homes or at home are not included.
Thats conservative stats for you.

Tommy when I think of the UK, I think of you
So do many of us

Which is bad news for the mother country

And for us

America is not only divided within itself but from its former friends and allies in the UK

who without realizing it need America as much as we need them

Mental fuckery...theater of the stupid...Cheetoh Boy and the **** press corp going at it like two middle school girls.

This is more testament to Trump's excellent leadership. The fake news media has been disseminating dangerous disinformation to the public along with crude defamatory anti-USA propaganda.

Trump called them out on it to set the record straight and did an excellent job as usual.

Tommy when I think of the UK, I think of you
So do many of us

Which is bad news for the mother country

And for us

America is not only divided within itself but from its former friends and allies in the UK

who without realizing it need America as much as we need them
Its telling that you consider justified criticism of Trump as anti-American. My observation is that these are views shared by many Americans. Certainly those with education.

Tommy when I think of the UK, I think of you, and how we're not at all allies anymore, and I vote accordingly. And I make my voice heard accordingly.

We don't need you, Tommy.

But you still need us, and if you ever succeed in sinking us, you'll be in bigger trouble than we will. Then, good luck with Red China. You will really hate your totalitarian overlords. But you small-minded sorts never really do think ahead, do you?

Sue, I know they don't keep you up to date in Russia, but the USA and Great Britain are still allies. In fact GB is the ONLY friend you have left in NATO.

When this all over, GB and the USA will still be allies, and Trump will no longer be President. 22,000 dead Americans while Trump worries over the economy and his re-election, and attacks the media for calling him out on this clusterfuck.

Watching "devout Christians" celebrate the deaths of 22,000 Americans and issue celebratory "take downs" of those who see Trump for the danger he poses. You're a real winner Sue.

The media is an enemy of the people.

It's been way overdue.

Forum List

Back