Coronavirus: [Calif] Gov Newsom issues statewide 'stay at home' order in effort to slow COVID-19

Have you curtailed any of your activities due to the Corona virus and if so which?

• No longer working

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Working from home

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Only order food/groceries online

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No longer attending classes or training in person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No socializing

• Cancelled travel plans

• Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
By contrast video footage of some of the beaches in Florida show Spring Break carrying on per usual.

By ABC7.com staff
Updated 6 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In an urgent effort to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced on Thursday a statewide directive for all Californians to stay home.

The announcement comes after similar orders were issued in Los Angeles County and city, Palms Springs and multiple counties in the Bay Area.

6029730_031920-kabc-5pm-la-county-garcetti-presser-vid.jpg

Los Angeles County health officials are expected Thursday to order sweeping new restrictions on commercial and other activities to help contain the coronavirus.

"People will self-regulate their behavior and they'll begin to adjust and adapt as they have been like significantly. We will have social pressure to encourage people to do the right thing," Newsom said at a Thursday press conference.

Gov. Newsom also mentioned "bending the curve" multiple times, in reference to keeping the surge of cases in California as low as possible over the coming weeks.

The order, which goes into effect on March 19 until further notice, shuts down all non-essential businesses. Essential services such as gas stations, pharmacies, grocery stores and banks will remain open.

California health officials predict that about 56% of the state's population -- 25.5 million people -- will be infected with the novel coronavirus within the next eight weeks, Gov. Gavin Newsom said in a letter to President Donald Trump.

Coronavirus: Gov. Newsom issues statewide 'stay at home' order in effort to slow COVID-19

By contrast video footage of some of the beaches in Florida show Spring Break carrying on per usual.

By ABC7.com staff
Updated 6 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In an urgent effort to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced on Thursday a statewide directive for all Californians to stay home.

The announcement comes after similar orders were issued in Los Angeles County and city, Palms Springs and multiple counties in the Bay Area.

Los Angeles County health officials are expected Thursday to order sweeping new restrictions on commercial and other activities to help contain the coronavirus.

"People will self-regulate their behavior and they'll begin to adjust and adapt as they have been like significantly. We will have social pressure to encourage people to do the right thing," Newsom said at a Thursday press conference.

Gov. Newsom also mentioned "bending the curve" multiple times, in reference to keeping the surge of cases in California as low as possible over the coming weeks.

The order, which goes into effect on March 19 until further notice, shuts down all non-essential businesses. Essential services such as gas stations, pharmacies, grocery stores and banks will remain open.

California health officials predict that about 56% of the state's population -- 25.5 million people -- will be infected with the novel coronavirus within the next eight weeks, Gov. Gavin Newsom said in a letter to President Donald Trump.

Coronavirus: Gov. Newsom issues statewide 'stay at home' order in effort to slow COVID-19
The only big difference for me is I can't go to my local Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesday and Friday evenings to play trivia and have dinner with a friend of mine. I'm already missing this.

We were shelter in place before the statewide order. Furthermore, two died in my neighborhood and four more had it last week. It led me to study this virus more among other things. Gov. Newsome's order is the correct action. I'm afraid for the East coast as Gov. Andrew Cuomo has not taken the safe and conservative actions but delayed. He is underestimating the virus.

Coronavirus Outbreak: A Cascade of Warnings, Heard but Unheeded

Democrat counter to Trump
Cuomo emerges as Democratic counter to Trump virus response

BREAKING:
I just checked again before posting and Cuomo has ordered a lockdown now.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/coron...lockdown-shuts-down-non-essential-businesses/

Have you curtailed any of your activities due to the Corona virus and if so which?

Not by choice...All of my pleasant distractions have been closed...My only entertainment now is to go to the grocery store and chuckle at all the panicking freaks.

Not curtailed much.....here and there little things....you know....

Haven't been to the Mall lately ...hehe....one likes to go the Mall (don't want to sound frivolous) and check out new clothes and things....step into Sephora see what's new...:04:..... haven't done that ...but you know? it's ok ...it's cool no problems.:wink_2:

Food , pharmacy and essential things are ok :thup:

I voted other.

By ABC7.com staff​
Updated 6 minutes ago​
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In an urgent effort to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced on Thursday a statewide directive for all Californians to stay home.​
The announcement comes after similar orders were issued in Los Angeles County and city, Palms Springs and multiple counties in the Bay Area.​
Los Angeles County health officials are expected Thursday to order sweeping new restrictions on commercial and other activities to help contain the coronavirus.​
"People will self-regulate their behavior and they'll begin to adjust and adapt as they have been like significantly. We will have social pressure to encourage people to do the right thing," Newsom said at a Thursday press conference.​
Gov. Newsom also mentioned "bending the curve" multiple times, in reference to keeping the surge of cases in California as low as possible over the coming weeks.​
The order, which goes into effect on March 19 until further notice, shuts down all non-essential businesses. Essential services such as gas stations, pharmacies, grocery stores and banks will remain open.​
California health officials predict that about 56% of the state's population -- 25.5 million people -- will be infected with the novel coronavirus within the next eight weeks, Gov. Gavin Newsom said in a letter to President Donald Trump.​
The only big difference for me is I can't go to my local Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesday and Friday evenings to play trivia and have dinner with a friend of mine. I'm already missing this.
You could probably practice some of your favorite recipes at home and "teleconference".

By ABC7.com staff​
Updated 6 minutes ago​
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In an urgent effort to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced on Thursday a statewide directive for all Californians to stay home.​
The announcement comes after similar orders were issued in Los Angeles County and city, Palms Springs and multiple counties in the Bay Area.​
Los Angeles County health officials are expected Thursday to order sweeping new restrictions on commercial and other activities to help contain the coronavirus.​
"People will self-regulate their behavior and they'll begin to adjust and adapt as they have been like significantly. We will have social pressure to encourage people to do the right thing," Newsom said at a Thursday press conference.​
Gov. Newsom also mentioned "bending the curve" multiple times, in reference to keeping the surge of cases in California as low as possible over the coming weeks.​
The order, which goes into effect on March 19 until further notice, shuts down all non-essential businesses. Essential services such as gas stations, pharmacies, grocery stores and banks will remain open.​
California health officials predict that about 56% of the state's population -- 25.5 million people -- will be infected with the novel coronavirus within the next eight weeks, Gov. Gavin Newsom said in a letter to President Donald Trump.​
You could probably practice some of your favorite recipes at home and "teleconference".
Time to get creative :)

Forum List

Back