Zone1 Cool "gypsy liberation/empowerment" song

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
Opre Roma Srbija Mahala*

*Mahala is turkish and means "Ghetto"

I think this quiete "emancipating" and "empowering", it is "proud" and opre roma means "stand up roma" or like that. The roma flags everywhere...

Anything but Roma.

If they can pass as anything else, doesnt mean they are not roma anymore or do not want to be roma, or that i say this. Just like you can travell to another country, or cross the border, but doesnt mean you do not like your country (well some do not like their country, but you get my point). You are racist to roma, you imply segregation, what you imply is a form of racial segregation, races mix with eatch other, and copy eatch other since dawn of time, or there would be no writing systems, no numerical numbers, no technology and civilisation etc. i do not know why you say that, but it sounds like that to me, if im roma what im suppossed to be or look like or "only" look like? No way it implies if i can pass as something else that im not roma, or if i do something from another culture, that i do not want to be roma anymore, it is along those lines of racial segregation etc. what you imply. Maybe you are not even aware of it, maybe you are not a racist, because you are not aware what you imply. So what if im roma why i cannot pass as something else? What if im italian but pass as norwegian? What if its like that? Does that mean im not also italian anymore?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Anything but Roma.

So why do you ask that if you are so proud?

Really if that was the case one would expect you to ask whether others could pass as Roma.

I think what you say is apples and oranges, i never implied they should "escape being roma" by passing as something else. Others suggested me here people like you that i should not tell im roma and say im turkish, i answered that would be a racial persecution, and i would have to learn turkish and to invent a whole story, where im from just to be a normal human being, people like you said that to me, your allies here.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
That's what 'passing' implies...

Then "passing" is the wrong term i mean i understand historically that was implied as "passing" but i dont mean it historically, because I never implied that. I mean what you would guess them as if you didnt know, or before they tell you that. It is because it interesting, and im not sure if people are really good at recognising all gypsies, so i promote more gypsies that they are more visible. I also say they are gypsies, and show how they look. Im not sure all people know really how to recognise a gypsy. So I make them more visible.

Forum List

Back