Conservatism is not an ideology it is a reactionology

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Hear me out. Conservatism has no ideological tenants instead it is simply a reactionary tribe armed together to oppose changing an acknowledged imbalance of privilege.

“Conservatism is a reactionary movement, and by that I mean that it’s primarily a reaction against actual social movements involving the lower classes, or people on the bottom.” - Corey Robin (1)

Look only as far back as Trump’s takeover of conservatism without any alignment with the claimed tenants of the Republican Party- fiscal responsibility, Christian Morals, free trade. At odds to the core with conservative pseudo principles. (2) These principles are malleable because they are not part of the ideology. There is no ideology or principles save one:

Keep acknowledged imbalances of privilege in place at all costs.

The reactionology is loud now and under attach now more than ever due to the historical imbalances in equity in place in America today than at any other time (3) which requires serious organization and propaganda to protect from the ever swelling voices of the underclass.

At the end of the day conservatism is inoperative, unprincipled, dangerous, (4) and I will add anti American.

The conservative movement was destined to produce Trump

Charts of the Week: The racial wealth gap; the middle-class income slump

Three Problems with Conservatism

Last edited:
Here me out. Conservatism has no ideological tenants instead it is simply a reactionary tribe armed together to oppose changing an acknowledged imbalance of privilege.

“Conservatism is a reactionary movement, and by that I mean that it’s primarily a reaction against actual social movements involving the lower classes, or people on the bottom.” - Corey Robin (1)

Look only as far back as Trump’s takeover of conservatism without any alignment with the claimed tenants of the Republican Party- fiscal responsibility, Christian Morals, free trade. At odds to the core with conservative pseudo principles. (2) These principles are malleable because they are not part of the ideology. There is no ideology or principles save one:

The reactionology is loud now and under attach now more than ever due to the historical imbalances in equity in place in America today than at any other time (3) which requires serious organization and propaganda to protect from the ever swelling voices of the underclass.

At the end of the day conservatism is inoperative, unprincipled, dangerous, (4) and I will add anti American.

It depends on how you define the term "conservatism". Ask a lot of these obedient Trumpsters here, and they'll admit that Trump isn't a conservative. I've even had a few admit that conservatism, as we knew it, is all but dead.

Many of them think of Trump (of all fucking people) as a populist. So on the right, we have two somewhat similar but still different, separate and competing ideologies: Traditional conservatism and Trumpism, a weird mixture of populism, cafeteria libertarianism, cafeteria Christianity, rage, ignorance and paranoia.

Limited government? Fiscal responsibility? Conservative values? Fuck them. Trumpism is its own animal, and Trumpsters are willing to destroy this whole thing if they don't get their way. These are Right Wing authoritarians, just as we've seen before in history.

Last edited:
Conservatives act, based on facts.. Liberals can only react, based entirely on emotions.
That is neither supported by the fact-voided leader of the right not an argument for any ideology. Fail.

You just proved what I said. What you just posted was based on emotion and truthfully, wasn't even a coherent statement.

Please translate that into English for me if you can.

Republicans will withhold food from a hundred people on the chance that one of them does not need it while democrats will feed a hundred people on the chance one of them is starving.

Another knee-jerk reaction, based on fear of conservatives.

Republicans will withhold food from a hundred people on the chance that one of them does not need it while democrats will feed a hundred people on the chance one of them is starving.

I fear nothing but I do despise how readily conservatives can lay their hands on an excuse to abandon Americans to the misery they have caused.

Here me out. Conservatism has no ideological tenants instead it is simply a reactionary tribe armed together to oppose changing an acknowledged imbalance of privilege.

1. I acknowledge no privilege. No one I know does. Trump certainly did not.

2. Fiscal responsibility was an argument we lost, decades ago. We gave up on it. YOu won. Slamming us because of that is not cool.

3. Christian mores is a tenant of the Religious Right. Trump while not personally embodying them, at least was not actively opposed against them on principle, so they were able to work together.

4. Free Trade was one camp of conservatives. It was dominate for a time but as it became obvious that their policy did not give the results promised, they eventually lost support. As it should be.

• Freedom of speech
  • Self-reliance
  • States rights allowing each state electorate to decide how to spend, educate and regulate its activities
  • Small federal government
  • Accountability for politicians
  • Workfare not welfare
Just a few points I believe essential to a healthy society.

We just watched Trump walk all over those ideals and the right still loves him.

It depends on how you define the term "conservatism". Ask a lot of these obedient Trumpsters here, and they'll admit that Trump isn't a conservative. I've even had a few admit that conservatism, as we knew it, is all but dead.

Many of them think of Trump (of all fucking people) as a populist. So on the right, we have two somewhat similar but still different, separate and competing ideologies: Traditional conservatism and Trumpism, a weird mixture of populism, cafeteria libertarianism, rage, ignorance and paranoia.

Limited government? Fiscal responsibility? Conservative values? Fuck them. Trumpism is its own animal, and Trumpsters are willing to destroy this whole thing if they don't get their way. These are Right Wing authoritarians, just as we've seen before in history.
ok dumb bunny
Utah Idaho are the 2 most conservative states in the Union
Since you're so enlightened tell us how Utah and Idaho are destroy the Country?

I fear nothing but I do despise how readily conservatives can lay their hands on an excuse to abandon Americans to the misery they have caused.

Untrue. Even though your side won the election, you still have the overwhelming need to strike out at Trump, conservatives, and the Republican party.

That's got to be some mighty powerful fear you people have bottled up inside, that you can't let go.

Many of them think of Trump (of all fucking people) as a populist. So on the right, we have two somewhat similar but still different, separate and competing ideologies: Traditional conservatism and Trumpism, a weird mixture of populism, cafeteria libertarianism, rage, ignorance and paranoia.

Trumpism is basically paleoconservatism, a la Patrick Buchanan.

Your inability to respect that is just you being close minded.

• Freedom of speech
  • Self-reliance
  • States rights allowing each state electorate to decide how to spend, educate and regulate its activities
  • Workfare not welfare

Not that I care about Trump but I don't see that he infringed on what I believe to be important. Care to elaborate?

ok dumb bunny
Utah Idaho are the 2 most conservative states in the Union
Since you're so enlightened tell us how Utah and Idaho are destroy the Country?
States don't destroy the country.

I can see this is pretty complicated for you. I can't help that.

• Freedom of speech
  • Self-reliance
  • Workfare not welfare

How did he "walk all over" those ideals? You are uninformed.

Untrue. Even though your side won the election, you still have the overwhelming need to strike out at Trump, conservatives, and the Republican party.

That's got to be some mighty powerful fear you people have bottled up inside, that you can't let go.
You seriously haven't realized what the capital attack did to the republican brand have you?

You seriously haven't realized what the capital attack did to the republican brand have you?

There was a riot by a minority of the protestors who were otherwise peaceful. This incident was unfortunate but not significant.

Forum List

Back