Congressman Alcee Hastings (D) Says $174K Salary Isn't Enough to Live On

Serving in Congress should not be viewed as a profession rather an honor, furthermore, considering results and abdication of their financial fiduciary responsibility not deserving of further financial compensation.

So a Representative has equal job responsibilitys as an executive of a company? You have got to be kidding, or is it that you have no idea of what you are talking about?

I agree. Having someone look at those Govt Clowns and seeing them as anywhere near a company executive is laughable.

Executives actually WORK for a living. They don't work the riduculously short hours those Senators and Congressment work. They also don't get a retirement check after four years on the job.

Nope. Those Clowns don't deserve a raise. If they can't survive on what they make then they need to resign, go back to wherever the hell they came from, and get a REAL job.

He may have a point. It costs $47 to park a car at a Nationals game and a round trip metro fare to the game is about $9 per person.
That's why I ride my bike there.
You ride a bike through THAT neighborhood?
There is only one treacherous stretch along the way. The rest has been mostly gentrified (that's the left wing euphemism for hypocritical lefty whites kicking blacks out of the 'hood).
My buddy told me about the Mc Donald's near the stadium where you have to pay a quarter to use the bathroom. The intent is to keep the bums out.
If by 'bums' you mean 'Yankee/Mets/Braves/Phillies fans', probably.
But the area around the stadium is significantly gentrified. As is most of Capitol Hill now. Bladensburg Rd through NE is a little shady.

Whenever tax increases are being discussed, $250K is barely middle class.

When public employee pay is being discussed, $250K is way too much.

Most congressmen are rich. They don't need the money.

Are you suggesting that we determine salary based on need?
I don't think I said that.

Personally I'd rather see a cap on personal wealth for politicians and have all national elections and politicians paid a living wage.

Why?
Why not?

Forum List

Back