Congressional Ukraine Caucus Cochair: Not Sure Ukraine 'Winnable Anymore'

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Andy Harris, the Congressional Ukraine Caucus cochair, said he is not sure the Ukrainian war against Russia is 'winnable.' Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD), the Congressional Ukraine Caucus cochair, said during a town hall on Tuesday he is not sure the Ukrainian war against Russia is “winnable.

” spoke “Is this more a stalemate? Should we be realistic about it? I think we probably should,” Harris remarked.

“I’ll be blunt, it’s failed,” he said. He admitted, “I’m not sure it’s winnable anymore.” Harris voted for Congress’s large Ukraine aid package, and as a senior member of the House Appropriations Committee, he has a sizeable influence on House Republicans’ spending bills.

It's about damn time, it never really was "winnable". The best case scenario was the Russians got tired of the losses and fucked-off back to Russia.

Best thing at this point is to poke and prod everyone to the peace table.

Uke-bros be mad.

Yea, it was likely never "winnable" unless you can grind down the Russians and make them sick of their losses, which was likely the strategy, and remains the most likely strategy.

Good maybe those war mongering pieces of shit will stop sending them the fruits of our labor. Kinda tired of paying their pensions and sending bombs that will be killing children for the next 4 decades.

Yea, it was likely never "winnable" unless you can grind down the Russians and make them sick of their losses, which was likely the strategy, and remains the most likely strategy.

What is winning for the Ukraine?

And what ending gives us a Clauswitzian resolution of the conflict, not just a break from the fighting?

Andy Harris, the Congressional Ukraine Caucus cochair, said he is not sure the Ukrainian war against Russia is 'winnable.' Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD), the Congressional Ukraine Caucus cochair, said during a town hall on Tuesday he is not sure the Ukrainian war against Russia is “winnable.

” spoke “Is this more a stalemate? Should we be realistic about it? I think we probably should,” Harris remarked.

“I’ll be blunt, it’s failed,” he said. He admitted, “I’m not sure it’s winnable anymore.” Harris voted for Congress’s large Ukraine aid package, and as a senior member of the House Appropriations Committee, he has a sizeable influence on House Republicans’ spending bills.

It's about damn time, it never really was "winnable". The best case scenario was the Russians got tired of the losses and fucked-off back to Russia.

Uke-bros be mad.
So far about half the House Republicans have been voting with Democrats on aid to Ukraine.

Uke-bros be mad.

Russian-backed general admits his troops 'cannot win' against Ukraine and suggests freezing the front line where it is​

A Russian-backed general admitted his troops "cannot win" against Ukraine and suggested freezing the current front line.

In a lengthy Telegram post on Thursday, Alexander Khodakovsky, who leads the Vostok Battalion fighting in southern Ukraine, predicted a stalemate between the two sides.

"Can we bring down Ukraine militarily? Now and in the near future, no," Khodakovsky said, according to a translation by the Kyiv Post.

"When I talk to myself about our destiny in this war, I mean that we will not crawl forward, like the [Ukrainians], turning everything into [destroyed] Bakhmuts in our path. And, I do not foresee the easy occupation of cities," he added.

So we have contrasting views on the war here. Looking at the war from Maryland, Harris thinks Ukraine can't win, but looking at the war from the battlefield in Ukraine, a Russian General says Russia can't win.

That must be it. The people who want to help Ukraine defend itself are only interested in killing people.
Cluster bombs? Cluster bombs mostly kill innocent people. And most of those are children.
We are paying peoples pensions there. How does that help them defend themselves?
But the sheep eat it up. Disgusting.

Cluster bombs? Cluster bombs mostly kill innocent people. And most of those are children.
We are paying peoples pensions there. How does that help them defend themselves?
But the sheep eat it up. Disgusting.
No, cluster bombs mostly kill enemy soldiers, but there may be a small number of civilian casualties among people who walk across the battlefield later, just as there are from all kinds of unexploded ordinance. However, the major cause of death in Ukraine is not cluster bombs but Russian soldiers, and cluster bombs help get rid of them and reduce the number of deaths. Why are you such a committed advocate for Russian imperialism?

170-180/ month......we only produce about 41 patriots a month.
And if Ukraine depended on Patriot missiles to take down drones that might be significant.

Ukraine is using anti-drone guns to remotely disable and down Russian drones, allowing them to collect a wealth of information about opposing forces.

The Ukrainian company Kvertus Technology developed the KVS G-6, a long-range anti-drone gun that uses radio signals to jam Russian drones.

The weapon, manufactured in the Ukrainian city of Ivano-Frankivsk, has a range of up to three kilometers, or around 1.8 miles, and can operate for up to 30 minutes at a time, according to the company.

While both Russia and Ukraine have used older anti-aircraft guns to shoot down drones, anti-drone guns disrupt drones without physically damaging them.

With the downed drones remaining intact, Ukrainian forces can recover intelligence from them.

"We are not damaging the drone. With communication lost, it just loses coordination and doesn't know where to go. The drone lands where it is jammed, or can be carried away by the wind because it's uncontrollable," Yaroslav Filimonov, the director of technology at Kvertus, said, according to The Register.

No, cluster bombs mostly kill enemy soldiers, but there may be a small number of civilian casualties among people who walk across the battlefield later, just as there are from all kinds of unexploded ordinance. However, the major cause of death in Ukraine is not cluster bombs but Russian soldiers, and cluster bombs help get rid of them and reduce the number of deaths. Why are you such a committed advocate for Russian imperialism?
No they do not.
According to the Monitor, civilians remain the primary victims of cluster munitions at the time of the attacks and after the conflict has ended and accounted for all casualties recorded in 2020.

Children represented nearly half (44 per cent) of all casualties where the age was known
, and a quarter were women and girls, who in 2020 were less likely to survive an attack.

Forum List

Back