Congress needs to do whats right and renew the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act.

boilermaker55

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2011
Jon Stewart stood in front of the Capitol building in Washington D.C. to make the case to renew the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act on Sept 16th of this month.
His words and comments ring true today about this country and how it treats others. Others who put themselves in jeopardy to do their assigned job and rescue others that needed their help.

To quote Mr. Stewart, an upstanding American, "I'm here today basically to apologize," he began. "I want to apologize to all of the men and women, the first responders, that you had to come down here today. I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed for our country. I'm embarrassed for New York. I'm embarrassed that you, after serving so selflessly with such heroism have to come down here and convince people to do what's right for the illnesses and difficulties that you suffered because of your heroism and because of your selflessness."

Then he continues to state other words of wisdom to those he was speaking too.."Nobody had to lobby you to rush to those towers on that day," recalled Stewart, who interviewed several first responders during his time at the Daily Show and has been active in 9/11 charities. "I was living in downtown Manhattan, and I can never repay the debt to the first responders who came down and brought stability and humanity, not just to lower Manhattan, but to all of New York City, and to the entire country. And so I am sorry, and I apologize, and hopefully we'll never have to do this again."

After saying this, his biggest truth to the first responders of 9/11 were...a "warning" to the first responders as they prepared to trek the halls of Congress. "Today, on [Capitol] Hill, you will be exposed to possibly toxic levels of bulls**t and arrogance," he joked. "You're strong men and women, but these are conditions you may never have faced before. Buckle your seatbelts and let's get this done."

Unlike another American that refused to do the job they were elected to do because it "went against" their faith.
The real Americans and patriots here are the first responders and Mr. Stewart
Some will declare Mr. Stewart as unpatriotic for declaring his embarrassment with The United States, but look at one of the top republican front runners for president with his slogan. Make America great again.
Kudos to Jon Stewart and all that support the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act.

Do you have a link. I wasn't aware there was a reason to renew the act. Has the funding stream ended?

Zadroga 9/11 health bill faces peril
The good news is the legislation allotted billions of dollars for medical treatment and compensation for those affected. The bad news is, the policy was put in place for five years – and its time is nearly up.

Ah. I doubt the gop does anything beyond calling for more money to fight ISIS ... sadly.

Forum List

Back