Congress is filled with morons

The banks that issue commercial credit are doing so because of the Federal Reserve Act and legal tender laws (i.e. gubmint force)....They need to be held to the laws from which they derive their profits.
The real issue is not this symptom. The real issue is the incredibly fraudulent, unconstitutional Federal Reserve Act. Get rid of the Federal Reserve and I would be very happy.

But, that is another issue all together.

This comes down to contract law, not constitutional law or federal law.

Citigroup can include a term in their credit card agreement that they will not extend credit to a card holder for the purchase of a firearm. The credit card purchaser can then choose to tell Citigroup to go fuck itself in the ass with a 20-foot concrete dildo and move on.

Some lender out there will cease on this opportunity and make a great profit, at Citigroup's asshurt expense.

I understand all that....But the banksters are profiting from this aggression in the marketplace, so they need to suck it up when the laws go against their politics.

The laws do not go against their politics...they are not bound by the 2nd, only the fucking government is.

Should Dick's sporting goods be required to start selling gun again by the Fed Govt?

The credit is extended under the auspices of FRNs.
Yes, but that does not dictate lending practices. I am not seeing the legal nexis.

And, I am not, by ANY stretch of the imagination, and anti-gun guy. I think I have more than demonstrated that on USMB.

I am also a liberty guy. I MUST stick to my principles or everybody will have an excuse to fuck us over and dilute that liberty.

Some of the banks are making decisions directly involving gun transactions. They need to answer. None of us alive had slaves. The bank doesn't even need to answer that question. Yes, congress is filled with morons.

Some banks have been quietly refusing to allow gun dealers access to Visa/Mastercard services....True story.

Credit Card Company Refuses To Process Gun Transactions For Gun Shop - Off The Grid News

The firm doing that is authorize.net, a credit card software processing company. I didn't even know who they were until I read your link. That's two steps away from the bank.
Here's one that's not any steps away...

Citibank Continues to Deny Credit to Firearms Industry • NSSF

9 year old article? That is the best you can do?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That was an Obama brainchild. So yeah, 9 years is just about spot-on. Second Amendment violation? Absolutely!
Obama purposely failed to uphold the Constitution in that instance? Damn Skippy!

No private institution is bound by the 2nd, that is directed at the government. If a private entity wishes to not loan to a gun company that is their god given right to do.

You statist need to keep your big government fingers out of private companies business.

I remember this happening during the last years of South African apartheid. Banks and universities and private companies were divesting from anything South African, including their currency.
If the do-nothing Congress won't take any action to curb gun violence in this country, maybe the people will.

The credit is extended under the auspices of FRNs.
Yes, but that does not dictate lending practices. I am not seeing the legal nexis.

And, I am not, by ANY stretch of the imagination, and anti-gun guy. I think I have more than demonstrated that on USMB.

I am also a liberty guy. I MUST stick to my principles or everybody will have an excuse to fuck us over and dilute that liberty.

In this context, if I'm prevented from using my credit card -which pays in FRNs- to buy something from a legit dealer for a product that's is perfectly legal, that, IMO, is a violation of legal tender and restraint of trade laws.....Has it been tested in court, no....But I'd wager the plaintiff would win....The bank is refusing to extend credit to me, not the gun dealer.

Some of the banks are making decisions directly involving gun transactions. They need to answer. None of us alive had slaves. The bank doesn't even need to answer that question. Yes, congress is filled with morons.

Why do they need to answer for business practices that are not illegal?

I'm watching the bank CEOs testify before Congress.

We had one Democratic Congressperson ask the CEO JP Morgan if they benefited from slavery.

Now we have another Republican Congressperson ask the CEO of Bank of America if they support gun rights.

These people are bankers, and these grandstanding morons in Congress are asking questions that are completely irrelevant to their businesses.
Some banks have been quietly refusing to allow gun dealers access to Visa/Mastercard services....True story.

Credit Card Company Refuses To Process Gun Transactions For Gun Shop - Off The Grid News
Bummer I want brave boys to have 50 guns.
Never know when the Chinese are going to invade

The banks that issue commercial credit are doing so because of the Federal Reserve Act and legal tender laws (i.e. gubmint force)....They need to be held to the laws from which they derive their profits.
The real issue is not this symptom. The real issue is the incredibly fraudulent, unconstitutional Federal Reserve Act. Get rid of the Federal Reserve and I would be very happy.

But, that is another issue all together.

This comes down to contract law, not constitutional law or federal law.

Citigroup can include a term in their credit card agreement that they will not extend credit to a card holder for the purchase of a firearm. The credit card purchaser can then choose to tell Citigroup to go fuck itself in the ass with a 20-foot concrete dildo and move on.

Some lender out there will seize on this opportunity and make a great profit, at Citigroup's asshurt expense.

I've heard that some banks are getting rid of investments in gun manufacturers.

We had one Democratic Congressperson ask the CEO JP Morgan if they benefited from slavery.

Now we have another Republican Congressperson ask the CEO of Bank of America if they support gun rights.

These people are bankers, and these grandstanding morons in Congress are asking questions that are completely irrelevant to their businesses.

Bummer I want brave boys to have 50 guns.
Never know when the Chinese are going to invade
Lovely strawman argument, fuckwit.

Global banks and mega corporations buying off politicians and deciding what people can and cannot buy? Is that freedom?
What's the alternative?

Government force?

:dunno:

I don't know but it's a question that needs to be asked. The left is crazy for censorship right now and corporations cave into pressure from manufactured outrage twitter mobs to stop doing business with certain people because they have unpopular opinions.
Yeah, it's called LETTING THE MARKET DECIDE.

In this context, if I'm prevented from using my credit card -which pays in FRNs- to buy something from a legit dealer for a product that's is perfectly legal, that, IMO, is a violation of legal tender and restraint of trade laws...
But, if you signed the credit card agreement with a purchase limiting clause, you are bound by the contract, right?

Has it been tested in court, no....But I'd wager the plaintiff would win....The bank is refusing to extend credit to me, not the gun dealer.
The proper holding in such a case would be to hold both parties to the obligations and conditions contained in their written agreement.

If you're saying that such a limitation should be deem an illegal contract, fine. But, there is no law nor precedent for such an argument. That's all I am saying on the legal side.

But, beyond that, why use the (illegal) Fed Reserve Act to force a lender to extend credit to a product that the creditor does not wish to finance?

It's right in line with forcing a Christian baker to bake the butt-pirate cake. Why force it?

I can guarantee you that there will be lenders willing to take Citigroup's market share.

Indeed. The Dem question about slavery is sanctimonious pandering regarding something for which no living person today bears responsibility. The GOP question about gun rights is relevant due to actual arms businesses that have been denied banking services today.

Returned your commie SS Medicare VA yet?

Does anyone even KNOW why the banker was asked about profiting from slavery?
Toro?

Indeed. The Dem question about slavery is sanctimonious pandering regarding something for which no living person today bears responsibility. The GOP question about gun rights is relevant due to actual arms businesses that have been denied banking services today.

Sod off swampy. I reject your assertion that people forced to pay for things they don't support are not eligible to receive the services for which they paid.

Global banks and mega corporations buying off politicians and deciding what people can and cannot buy? Is that freedom?
What's the alternative?

Government force?

:dunno:

I don't know but it's a question that needs to be asked. The left is crazy for censorship right now and corporations cave into pressure from manufactured outrage twitter mobs to stop doing business with certain people because they have unpopular opinions.
Yeah, it's called LETTING THE MARKET DECIDE.

Um, youtube went on the offensive against some of it's most popular and profitable channels. Now they force feed everyone MSM news sources instead of sorting videos by popularity.

We had one Democratic Congressperson ask the CEO of JP Morgan if they benefited from slavery.

And yet... these are the exact same people some want to design/fund/legislate/oversee their healthcare system.

Why would he return his SS or Medicare? He was forced to pay into that fraudulent ponzi scheme. He can't get some of his money back?

And, the VA is a whole different animal. We have an obligation to care for military personnel who are injured in service to the U.S. It is also a part of their employment agreement with the U.S.

I remember when Mike Pompeo, during his confirmation hearing, was asked if he believed in climate change.
He was also asked to give his word that LGBTQ persons would not be singled out in investigations...to which he answered "no one is going to be singled out based on their sexual preferences/religion or race. Wasn't good enough and was again pressured to specifically provide a written guarantee that his office would not harass LGBT persons.
Unbelievable.

Forum List

Back