Confirmed: Fraudulent Polygamy Cult Tipster is Barack Obama Delegate

That's the rumor. But you don't take people's children away based upon rumors.

At least, you don't do it unless they happen to be members of a Christian sect.

But her understanding of the difference between a witch hunt and the uniform application of the law far exceeds your own.

Hey, I thought they had "freedom of choice" to do what they like with their bodies? Like the girls in the abortion clinics do?
Bigoted hypocrite.

Just by you saying that it makes you a liar... Anyone who says their not a liar is a liar. You're human... Thus a liar. Or are you the exception to that.... The only human who hasn't lied?

I care about all girls, everywhere. Including the girls in the abortion clinics, who are blissfully ignored by you and your buddies, who believe in "freedom of choice" for every victimized girl the world over....except if they happen to be married.

Why don't you care about the girls in the abortion clinics?
start a thread about abortion clinics allie, you are trying to derail these threads about this CULT....

and i do not appreciate you calling this CULT a Christian religion.....there IS NO Christian religion that supports polygamy, none.

why are you being so obtuse?

the law i stated that shows that this cult is breaking the law when these 16 year olds or any one of the girls under 18 are forced to sleep with these elders in their church in the guise of religion/marriage... who are also considered a respectful adult figure in their lives like a teacher, pastor, coach, parent of a another child who is your friend, an elder in your church etc...... they are breaking the law, and committing statutory rape.

Now, what in the world are you talking about that breaks the law that we are suppose to bust in abortion clinics for when it comes to this law, that these people in this cult, are breaking? are these boys that got the girls at the abortion clinic pregnant elders in a church or the 16 year old's pastor or teacher or coach?

just so you know, it is up to the girl, or the parents of the girl to get charges posted against someone for statutory rape and very, very very rarely the police would bring charges without the parent's permission on cases where the adult is less than 10 years older than the girl....but if older than 10 years most states will bring charges themselves, even without the parent's permission to do such....is what i was reading.

most states, including texas have a law that states any minor marrying anyone 10 years older than them not only needs the parents permission given, but the permission of a State Judge.

so, please...explain how your examples relate?

care

I just heard on the news just this minute (Dan Abrahms) that officials are reporting that OVER HALF of the female children taken from this cult's compound between the ages of 14 and 17 are pregnant or have been pregnant and delivered a child already.

geeez louise..... :(

That's the rumor. But you don't take people's children away based upon rumors.

At least, you don't do it unless they happen to be members of a Christian sect.

Wrong. You do it if you are a responsible member of society and you believe there is a chance that the child is being abused. There's no middle ground. You either do or you don't. If you do, the parents lose their child TEMPORARILY.

If you don't and the child is being abused, the child is dead or damaged PERMANENTLY. You going to bring a child beaten to death back to life because you didn't want to infringe on the parents' rights to beat it to death?

It's got nothing at all to do with your skewed persecution complex regarding Christians. The State of Texas went after them for possible child abuse and practicing polygamy. Both are against the law here, and just for your info, it's pretty Christian friendly hereabouts. This ain't NYC or some liberal playground where fearmongering against Christians plays well with the crowd.

I just heard on the news just this minute (Dan Abrahms) that officials are reporting that OVER HALF of the female children taken from this cult's compound between the ages of 14 and 17 are pregnant or have been pregnant and delivered a child already.

Most teen girls from ranch have been pregnant

Of 53 girls ages 14-17, 31 have children or are pregnant, Texas officials say
Associated Press
updated 4:40 p.m. CT, Mon., April. 28, 2008
SAN ANTONIO - More than half the teen girls taken from a polygamist compound in west Texas have children or are pregnant, state officials said Monday.

A total of 53 girls between the ages of 14 and 17 are in state custody after a raid 3 1/2 weeks ago at the Yearning For Zion Ranch in Eldorado. Of those girls, 31 either have children or are pregnant, said Child Protective Services spokesman Darrell Azar. Two of those are pregnant now, he said; it was unclear whether either of those two already have children.

"It shows you a pretty distinct pattern, that it was pretty pervasive," he said.

State officials took custody of all 463 children at the ranch controlled by the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, saying a pattern of teen girls forced into underage "spiritual" marriages and sex with much older men created an unsafe environment for the sect's children.

Under Texas law, children under the age of 17 generally cannot consent to sex with an adult. A girl can get married with parental permission at 16, but none of these girls is believed to have a legal marriage under state law.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24356447/

Anyone else want to continue this argument? F-ing unreal.

60%. Makes me want to puke, but AB has been justifying it all day.

Wrong. You do it if you are a responsible member of society and you believe there is a chance that the child is being abused. There's no middle ground. You either do or you don't. If you do, the parents lose their child TEMPORARILY.

If you don't and the child is being abused, the child is dead or damaged PERMANENTLY. You going to bring a child beaten to death back to life because you didn't want to infringe on the parents' rights to beat it to death?

It's got nothing at all to do with your skewed persecution complex regarding Christians. The State of Texas went after them for possible child abuse and practicing polygamy. Both are against the law here, and just for your info, it's pretty Christian friendly hereabouts. This ain't NYC or some liberal playground where fearmongering against Christians plays well with the crowd.

NYC is about 68% Catholic. :eusa_whistle:

60%. Makes me want to puke, but AB has been justifying it all day.

there could be MORE! the girls were told to lie about their age just heard....hmmmm, how can you determine someone's age anyway....?

i don't know if AB has really meant to defend it, she seems to just want to make the subject about abortions and keeps making comments that could lead it towards that debate.....i guess i could give her the benefit of doubt, though it does appear as though she is defending child abuse in the name of a cult that ''pretends'' to be christian?

Forum List

Back