Concession (of a kind) and Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't make a bet but I'm leaning towards following Liability out the door. Not because Romney lost but because USMB is not what it once was.

quitter says what? you mean you can't stand not being in the majority/it isn't a rw echo chamber anymore and you can't deal w/ that? Too bad, so sad :eusa_boohoo: Elections mean things CG. Representative republic, Google it. :)

Last edited:
I didn't make a bet but I'm leaning towards following Liability out the door. Not because Romney lost but because USMB is not what it once was.

quitter says what? you mean you can't stand not being in the majority/it isn't a rw echo chamber anymore and you can't deal w/ that? Too bad, so sad :eusa_boohoo: Elections mean things CG. Representative republic, Google it. :)

Racist sexist trolls like you make it hard to post here for people with honor.

I made a bet. I lost. Welching is not cool, at least not the way I was raised. Therefore, I am obligated to honor the bet (Zona's revenge :lol: ): and the terms were simple. I bet that Pres. Obama would NOT get re-elected.

Based on everything I have seen tonight, the election actually is now over. Even if Mitt takes Ohio (which is still kind of up in the air, the "call" notwithstanding) and even if he somehow prevails in FL and VA, he seems to have lost CO. (I blame mal.) The trouble is, he had to end up running that table. And without CO, he didn't. End of story.

The payment terms were simple, too. If I lost the bet, I was to flat out LEAVE USMB.

That time, evidently has come. (Of course, if a miracle happens, and Mitt ends up winning on a recount or three or five, I'll come back upon the same terms!) No. I am not counting on that.

Thus, I am obliged to leave USMB. I have been' assured' by lots of my lib "buddies" that I will come back under some other username. Nope. Gone means gone. They can believe whatever a lib's heart says they should believe. But, I'll still be gone. (I discovered a new place which I like anyway, so I will not be suffering in some arid desert.)

To my lib pals and even those who I never much liked, I will concede the following. Not only was I wrong in my political guess, I was WAY the fuck off. There. You can gloat. I was wrong.

In your favor, I will also say JUST this much more. Your political philosophy is misguided as all hell. But most of you think the way you think for good enough reasons. I admire that. Beats the snot outta the attitude of most Americans who just don't even give thought to the issues of our time.

To my more or less Conservative pals, I urge you to keep up the good fight. It is plainly an uphill battle. But the course you have chosen is the right one. THIS particular electoral loss is a very deep and cutting one. But what can we do? Giving up is not an option. So, keep up your efforts to educate the libs and the majority of indifferent fellow citizens. Someday, conservative political philosophy may yet flower. Time permitting.

That leaves only one thing left to say.

Adios.
Mr. Surprise has left the building. :(

Bummer.

Well played, Liability. You slink out of here as a coward, while getting members to call you honorable. :lol:

This has nothing to do with a bet, folks. Zona has been gone from here for well over a year. That bet was long forgotten. That is, until Liability saw the handwriting on the wall regarding the election and decided to bring it up. And yes, he was the one to bring it up.

Here he is, laying some groundwork, unnecessarily bringing it up himself, reminding us of something no one remembered:

Haven't lost any avie bet yet.

I don't make them.

My last bet here was to some former regular (he's gone now, but I forget which one it was off the top of my head). The bet wasn't for an avie. It was for staying here or leaving.

I will STAY here after the General Dejections if President Obama loses.

But if he starts serving a second term, I am quitting the Board. For-evah.

That's easier to deal with than having to "wear" SOME avies.

Liability has always had a yellow streak, so this is just par for the course. He can't stand the heat. He doesn't even want to go near the kitchen. He doesn't have the backbone to deal with posts from Obama supporters. He left Hannity, with great fanfare, shortly after Obama's first victory. This is a pattern.

It was very clever to cloak his cowardice in false honor, though, and actually getting folks to commend him for it. :lol: He is a true lawyer.

He's having good laugh and patting himself on the back.

Well played, Liability. You slink out of here as a coward, while getting members to call you honorable. :lol:

This has nothing to do with a bet, folks. Zona has been gone from here for well over a year. That bet was long forgotten. That is, until Liability saw the handwriting on the wall regarding the election and decided to bring it up. And yes, he was the one to bring it up.

Here he is, laying some groundwork, unnecessarily bringing it up himself, reminding us of something no one remembered:

I don't make them.

My last bet here was to some former regular (he's gone now, but I forget which one it was off the top of my head). The bet wasn't for an avie. It was for staying here or leaving.

Liability has always had a yellow streak, so this is just par for the course. He can't stand the heat. He doesn't even want to go near the kitchen. He doesn't have the backbone to deal with posts from Obama supporters. He left Hannity, with great fanfare, shortly after Obama's first victory. This is a pattern.

It was very clever to cloak his cowardice in false honor, though, and actually getting folks to commend him for it. :lol: He is a true lawyer.

Comon!!!!! Let's go track him down and pound him!!!!! :lol:

I don't make them.

So: He makes a bet, and complies with the terms of the bet.

And you claim he's not honorable?

Wow. Just...wow. :lmao:

More greasing:

I have a bet with autoZone.

Is Zona still permitted here?

Anyway, the bet was simple enough. Bottom line, even if it's now just a one-sided thing:

If the President gets re-elected (I maintained that he'd lose his bid for re-election), I must depart the sacred halls of Gitchee-USMB.

I am content with that.

If Zona is no longer around to hold me to that, I post that "bet" here so that others can remind me to get the fuck out if I lose the bet.

Out of the blue. No one asked. No one made any allusions to it. You can click on it and look around. :lol:

Pathetic progressives......Acting superior but unlike you Liability had the character to honor his bet....We all know you progressives would have ignored the bets and whined to moderators if someone pushed.......You progressives are pussies and even worse your pussies with no class.

Pathetic progressives......Acting superior but unlike you Liability had the character to honor his bet....We all know you progressives would have ignored the bets and whined to moderators if someone pushed.......You progressives are pussies and even worse your pussies with no class.

Ya...that's fo sho! Cuz you idiots are so good at predicting human behavior... like who they would vote for..

The newGOPer meldowns on USMB are AWESOME!!!!

Ya...that's fo sho! Cuz you idiots are so good at predicting human behavior... like who they would vote for..

Understand this idiot the only reason your God won was because republicans stayed home.....Even then the liar and chief barley made it.

Understand this idiot the only reason your God won was because republicans stayed home.....Even then the liar and chief barley made it.

Scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back