Comey's Memos Contained Classified Info

Oops!

Comey’s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material

How about that. :mellow:

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

Comey testified last month he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a Columbia University lawyer friend. He asked that lawyer to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director.

“So you didn’t consider your memo or your sense of that conversation to be a government document?,” Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) asked Comey on June 8. “You considered it to be, somehow, your own personal document that you could share to the media as you wanted through a friend?”

“Correct,” Comey answered. “I understood this to be my recollection recorded of my conversation with the president. As a private citizen, I thought it important to get it out.”

Comey?s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material | TheHill
So?
Typical libtard, stupid as hell.
Then cite the law he broke. That requires a statute...

It's already been said the memo he shared with his friend that sent it to the NYT didn't contain classified material.
I know. I'm trying to drag these rightwingnut horses to the water trough.

No reasonable prosecutor would let this go unpunished.
Let what go unpunished? You nuts have yet to offer any proof that Comey leaked classified intel.
It's against the law to copy classified material and take it home, dufus.
Link a law that says that......
18 U.S.C. - CLASSIFIED INFORMATION PROCEDURES ACT
Here you go, do some research, it might help you stop being stupid.
LOLOL

Like I'm going on a wild goose chase through 55 links in the generic link you posted. :cuckoo:

If there's a law he broke, post it. If you can't post it, the only logical conclusion is you don't actually know of any law he broke.
I worked for the Federal Government for 26 years, he broke the law, like Hillary did. But don't let the law get in the way of your stupidity.

Oops!

Comey?s private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material | TheHill
So?

It's already been said the memo he shared with his friend that sent it to the NYT didn't contain classified material.
Why would we drink the same polluted water that fried you guy's brains? Idiots.

Let what go unpunished? You nuts have yet to offer any proof that Comey leaked classified intel.
LOLOL

Like I'm going on a wild goose chase through 55 links in the generic link you posted. :cuckoo:

If there's a law he broke, post it. If you can't post it, the only logical conclusion is you don't actually know of any law he broke.
I worked for the Federal Government for 26 years, he broke the law, like Hillary did. But don't let the law get in the way of your stupidity.
Great, with all your experience, it should be easy for you to cite the specific statute you think he violated -- along with evidence that he violated it.

LOLOL

And I once hit batting practice under Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, but that does mean I was a Major League player. The Federal government has janitors too.

Why would we drink the same polluted water that fried you guy's brains? Idiots.
Then cite the statute he supposedly violated and prove you're not really the idiot here.
thumbsup.gif

LOLOL

Great, with all your experience, it should be easy for you to cite the specific statute you think he violated -- along with evidence that he violated it.

Comey throughout his career was known by all the people he worked with as being a meticulous, intelligent, by the book guy... but now suddenly all the Trumpbots think he threw his entire career away being reckless in dealing with Trump. And it never occurs to them it just might be because Trump is a fucking disaster to deal with and he makes everything that goes on around him seem like something bad went down.

Dufus never had a security clearance, now we know why. He thinks I can write down tomorrows nuclear codes and take them home in my pocket.
You've already proven there's no law against it. Which means you were full of shit when you idiotically claimed that Comey broke the law. :lol:
Oh hum.
18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

Weatherman - educator of the left since 1978.
Great, now prove Comey "removed" the memos. Bear in mind, you already admitted he "copied" them.
Are you playing stupid or does it come naturally?
Read the OP and stop acting like I'm your daycare caretaker.
I read your post...
...you said what he took home were copies. You then doubled down on stupid citing a law which did not say it was illegal for him to do so. :cuckoo:

As far as the OP, it claims he might have violated a different law than the one you linked. It says he might have broken a law by revealing classified information contained in his memos. That has nothing to do with him making copies and taking those copies home; which was your moronic claim that he violated some imaginary law by doing so.
What part of
18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

Is so confusing for you to grasp?

This part?

knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location

You've already proven there's no law against it. Which means you were full of shit when you idiotically claimed that Comey broke the law. :lol:
Oh hum.

Great, now prove Comey "removed" the memos. Bear in mind, you already admitted he "copied" them.
I read your post...
...you said what he took home were copies. You then doubled down on stupid citing a law which did not say it was illegal for him to do so. :cuckoo:

As far as the OP, it claims he might have violated a different law than the one you linked. It says he might have broken a law by revealing classified information contained in his memos. That has nothing to do with him making copies and taking those copies home; which was your moronic claim that he violated some imaginary law by doing so.
What part of

This part?

knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location

The memo he took home didn't contain classified information.

LOLOL

Comey throughout his career was known by all the people he worked with as being a meticulous, intelligent, by the book guy... but now suddenly all the Trumpbots think he threw his entire career away being reckless in dealing with Trump. And it never occurs to them it just might be because Trump is a fucking disaster to deal with and he makes everything that goes on around him seem like something bad went down.
Rightwingnuts make idiotic claims every minute of every day of every year. The fact that none of them here can produce an actual federal statute they claim he violated speaks far louder than all of the invective they choose to hurl because they're frustrated they can't prove their delusions are real.

LOLOL

Yep. If I had even left a secret document on my desk when I left for 20 seconds to get a cup of coffee I'd have had my clearance revoked. Let alone copy it and take it home. Then it would have been jail like that recent case.

Oh hum.

I read your post...

What part of

This part?

The "removal" part. You already said he made copies of the memos. Making copies means he didn't remove them.

And again, even the article in the OP doesn't cite the statute you are. Why would they since no one is contending that Comey "removed" any of the memos.

Oops!

More than half of the memos former FBI chief James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

Comey testified last month he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a Columbia University lawyer friend. He asked that lawyer to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director.

“So you didn’t consider your memo or your sense of that conversation to be a government document?,” Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) asked Comey on June 8. “You considered it to be, somehow, your own personal document that you could share to the media as you wanted through a friend?”

“Correct,” Comey answered. “I understood this to be my recollection recorded of my conversation with the president. As a private citizen, I thought it important to get it out.”

So?
In what world is it legal to take notes of a classified meeting with the president, and then dump it to the crooked news media? What are you, a fucking mental case?

I read your post...

What part of

This part?

You saying The Hill is fake News?

I read your post...

What part of

This part?

The "removal" part. You already said he made copies of the memos. Making copies means he didn't remove them.
Shotforbrains double downs. Thinks as long as you hand write classified information on a paper you can take it home.

Are you 5 years old? Go tell your mommy you need to clean your room.

LOLOL

And I once hit batting practice under Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, but that does mean I was a Major League player. The Federal government has janitors too.
Oh look! Another "tolerant" Liberal!

Oops!

So?
In what world is it legal to take notes of a classified meeting with the president, and then dump it to the crooked news media? What are you, a fucking mental case?
You're making shit up. Prove the memo Comey had leaked to the press contained classified intel....

I read your post...

What part of

This part?

You saying The Hill is fake News?

I'm saying that I've read several articles about it and though a "source" says some of the 7 documents were classified, the one he shared about his conversation on Flynn was not.

I read your post...

What part of

This part?

Shotforbrains double downs. Thinks as long as you hand write classified information on a paper you can take it home.

Are you 5 years old? Go tell your mommy you need to clean your room.
Meanwhile, you can't cite a law Comey supposedly violated. Instead, you keep citing a law he didn't violate as there's no evidence he removed any classified memos. Maybe brain-dead cons can't distinguish "removed" from "copied" but anyone with an IQ over 70 can.

LOLOL

Oh look! Another "tolerant" Liberal!

Wrong, not a Liberal but I am not defending Trump on the shit he does because I am no longer a blind Republican sheep.

Forum List

Back