Colorado tries to find middle ground in the gay rights issue

Reading the second- yeah this is not actually going to happen either

The second measure would require the state to maintain a list of businesses willing to provide services to same-sex and transgender couples, so that those opposed could contract with them.

Imagine if Colorado passed a law requiring the state to maintain a list of business's willing to provide services to African Americans?

Or to Jews?

Or to Native Americans?

Would those be 'compromises'?

or we can just let people refuse to provide non-necessary services like this at their discretion, and be done with it. Let the market handle it.

Spot on! This is the best solution in my opinion.

Last edited:
This is interesting. Two bills being promoted right now in Colorado:

Gay marriage opponents propose 2 Colorado ballot measures - Washington Times

The first would redefine same-sex marriages as civil unions.

The second would allow wedding-related businesses opposed to gay marriage to hire a contractor to serve same-sex couples.

That sounds like reasonable middle ground. Personally, I don't care how they're defined, but the second one does allow someone to avoid being "forced" to go against their beliefs.

Good enough? Or is compromise still a dirty word?

Mac, your link is not to a "middle ground."

Opponents of gay marriage have proposed two Colorado ballot measures in response to the Supreme Court ruling that same-sex couples have a right to marry nationwide.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/4/gay-marriage-opponents-propose-2-colorado-ballot-m/#ixzz3f84oKt6U
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

The second would allow wedding-related businesses opposed to gay marriage to hire a contractor to serve same-sex couples.

That sounds like reasonable middle ground. Personally, I don't care how they're defined, but the second one does allow someone to avoid being "forced" to go against their beliefs.

The first one has been settled. Over and done with. Move on.

With regards to the second one, that one is settled too. Just bake the fucking cake. I'm sure your god will forgive you for serving a fag, as long as you weren't cordial to him.

Both are screwey and patronize partisans as the children they are, so.....when it fails said children will continue to show their ass

The first one has been settled. Over and done with. Move on.

With regards to the second one, that one is settled too. Just bake the fucking cake. I'm sure your god will forgive you for serving a fag, as long as you weren't cordial to him.
^^^^ nice...

Reading the second- yeah this is not actually going to happen either

The second measure would require the state to maintain a list of businesses willing to provide services to same-sex and transgender couples, so that those opposed could contract with them.

Imagine if Colorado passed a law requiring the state to maintain a list of business's willing to provide services to African Americans?

Or to Jews?

Or to Native Americans?

Would those be 'compromises'?

or we can just let people refuse to provide non-necessary services like this at their discretion, and be done with it. Let the market handle it.

see my last post.

And see MY last one. Most of the other groups are A-OK with going to people who WANT to provide such services, it seems recently gays are the ones who are deciding everyone has to service them of be fined into oblivion.

"it seems' because they are the ones getting the press.

Others have used the laws over time and for the same purpose- pretty common for handicapped to use the law.

Justice Department Settles Disability Discrimination Case Involving Disabled Veteran in Utah

WASHINGTON - The Justice Department today announced a $20,000 consent decree that resolves a lawsuit alleging that a Park City, Utah, condominium association and its management company violated the Fair Housing Act by refusing to grant a resident’s request for a reasonable accommodation.

The lawsuit, filed on Nov. 21, 2011, in U.S. District Court for the District of Utah, alleges that the Fox Point at Redstone Association, Property Management Systems and on-site property manager Derek Peterson refused to grant a reasonable accommodation so that Thomas Burton, a disabled combat veteran of the first Gulf War, could keep a small dog in the condominium he rented to help him cope with the effects of depression and anxiety disorder. The lawsuit further alleges that the defendants refused to waive their pet fees and insurance requirements and issued multiple fines that eventually led to the non-renewal of Burton’s lease.

Under the consent decree, which was entered by the U.S. District Court in Utah, the defendants will pay $20,000 in monetary relief to Burton. Additionally, the defendants will attend fair housing training; implement a new reasonable accommodation policy that does not charge pet fees to owners of service or assistance animals and does not require them to purchase liability insurance; and comply with notice, monitoring and reporting requirements.

So long as all marriages are civil unions, that is fine.

Just shut up and submit. Or we'll make sure you pay the consequences.

America, 2015.

Oh well, just thought I'd toss it out there.

No, just shut and grow up, homosexuals can get married now, other people of rights equal to your own, they have needs, and they have lives that are none of your fucking business so STFU and do your fucking job! If you can't, for whatever reason, find another goddamned job. We are sick to death or your childish whining about how unfair life is.

So long as all marriages are civil unions, that is fine.

Think the citizens of Colorado are ready to lose all of their federal marriage protections just to spite homosexuals?

Georgia maybe- but not Colorado.

Just shut up and submit. Or we'll make sure you pay the consequences.

America, 2015.

Oh well, just thought I'd toss it out there.

America: demanding business's follow the law since 1776.
"Businesses".

And this isn't about the law. This is about people choosing to file a complaint because they want to intimidate and punish.

When I see you filing complaints about illegal aliens I'll take that silly argument seriously. Let me know, huh?

If you are a straight, and are getting married for the fourth time, you have always been able to get a wedding cake. Therefore, a STRAIGHT ONLY bakery is not bible-compliant at all.

So let's stop pretending this has anything to do with religion, and admit it has everything to do with being bigoted, hateful assholes.

If you are a straight, and are getting married for the fourth time, you have always been able to get a wedding cake. Therefore, a STRAIGHT ONLY bakery is not bible-compliant at all.

So let's stop pretending this has anything to do with religion, and admit it has everything to do with being bigoted, hateful assholes.
We just didn't get to wear white.....according to biblical tradition.....

Does a STRAIGHT ONLY bakery give a virginity test to its clients?

"Okay, just hop up on this table here, and our Holy Hymen Checker will verify your eligibility for a Bible-compliant wedding cake."

Hey folks, I get it. All or nothing.

I get the same responses from the Tea Partiers.

The similarities are amusing.

Yes, it's odd that if you try to define, by law, real marriage and the same thing for blacks but called ****** Unions it's rather all or nothing. I feel the same way about a little bit pregnant...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back