College Restores the American Flag

I can give you one. Berea College in Ky.

Berea College accepts federal grants and federal student loans.

That is not the same thing as getting federal funding...

It isn't? How else do colleges get federal money?

Research grants and state funding for operations costs.

We were speaking of federal funding ... state funding is what determines whether it is a private or public institution.

Virtually all educational institutions accept federal funding.

But by your standards a college or university only receives federal funding as long it has students that have to get Federal loans or grants.

The most important thing to a college is it's accreditation, and rating. These are given by the feds, guess what easy fix remove their accreditation making their degrees worthless, and their students lose their years of study, OR reduce their rating to the lowest you possibly can with the reason for reduction given, and their students will not get job offers or acceptance to any good companies. That is how you restore equality to a school. When they restore unbiased operation, restore their accreditation, and-or rerate them.

I am shocked actually. This being the same college that flies the UN flag,has no grades and lets students make their own majors!

You've watched the movie "Accepted" too many times.

Homepage - SH Institute of Technology
Actually I watched Watters World the other night when he SHOWED the god damn campus with its goofy UN flag flying.

This was never going to play well, but then again Hampshire does what it does on its own terms (you already know this, but Hampshire famously doesn’t have majors, in the traditional sense, and doesn’t give its students letter grades).

Hampshire College Is Done with the American Flag

Try Google between childish insults

Your article said that the government should cut funding of the school for not flying the flag, well if it is a private school does it even get any federal funding?

Dang! This is tough ...

That is not true. A private school still receives government funding - in addition, their students are allowed to avail themselves of federal school loans.

The only school that I know of that meets your criteria is Hillsdale College, and they're so conservative, it would give you the heebie-jeebies.

I can give you one. Berea College in Ky.

Yes it is. That is federal dollars and when the feds deem a college is not up to standards it is also one of the key things that they withhold.

The most important thing to a college is it's accreditation, and rating. These are given by the feds, guess what easy fix remove their accreditation making their degrees worthless, and their students lose their years of study, OR reduce their rating to the lowest you possibly can with the reason for reduction given, and their students will not get job offers or acceptance to any good companies. That is how you restore equality to a school. When they restore unbiased operation, restore their accreditation, and-or rerate them.
If what some of the other posters have put here is remotely true I do not think they would not have any accreditation anyway (and also would not have any federal funding I believe)

You cannot gain accreditation without something as fundamental as grades and majors.

It isn't? How else do colleges get federal money?

Research grants and state funding for operations costs.

We were speaking of federal funding ... state funding is what determines whether it is a private or public institution.

Virtually all educational institutions accept federal funding.

But by your standards a college or university only receives federal funding as long it has students that have to get Federal loans or grants.

Do you know another way?

Forum List

Back