Cold weather. Aches & Pains.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Knee warmers. DAYUM. Expensive. Found lots of LEG warmers but I wanted KNEE warmers. Why? Cuz every winter, my knees have a hissy from the cold weather. And I don't know how to knit. So...hmm..what to do instead of buying stuff on ebay? (Some of which cost SEVENTY TWO bucks for a pair of KNEE HIGH leg warmers) or having to buy from China? I googled. Which led me to Youtube. Which showed how to make your own from...drumroll...old sweaters. So...I went to the thrift shop today and bought 4 knit sweaters for 10 bucks. And..I did what I saw on youtube. I cut the sleeves off. The widest part of the sweater near the top part of the forearm is what slides over my knees which I then roll down to make it a tighter fit but still has stretch so no circulation is cut off. The cuff of the sweater sleeves go around the ankle. I cannot believe how fast and easy this was to do. I now have 4 pair of knee/leg warmers. For under 10 bucks.

Just thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else has knee probs in cold weather. I even made a pair for hubby. :)

Last edited:
That last rain we had brought in some cold weather and that is when I noticed my knees having a hissy. I have my homemade knee warmers on right now and no throbby aches so far. usually, I massage bagbalm on them but not if it gets too cold. It doesnt work as well.

Forum List

Back