Cognitive Dissonance

All I ever did was give you my reason for not eating meat.

you just make a lot of lame excuses which is just a type of rationalization

I find it quite ironic that you can have reasons that aren't rationalizations but I can't.

That's pretty hypocritical behavior, don't you think?

But you're the one who is consciously choosing to break your own code of what is right and wrong so every time you do something you think is wrong you have to rationalize it.

Or if you are unconsciously choosing to do things you think are wrong you are suffering from cognitive dissonance.

I don't have to rationalize the behaviors that are in line with my personal beliefs.

I've already admitted that I do not trust people even if I don't have a reason not to. So I rationalize that belief because I want to believe that most people are basically decent but I have a hard time getting over my past and still am a very distrustful person.

The way I get around this undesirable belief is that I don't ever ask anyone for anything because then I never have to trust them.
Yes, I admit that I don't always meet the standard but that does not negate the standard. But choosing to do wrong and admitting that wrong was done is not a rationalization. Choosing to do wrong and denying wrong was done is a rationalization.

You literally just rationalized why it's OK for you to be distrustful

I find it quite ironic that you can have reasons that aren't rationalizations but I can't.

But you're the one who is consciously choosing to break your own code of what is right and wrong so every time you do something you think is wrong you have to rationalize it.

Or if you are unconsciously choosing to do things you think are wrong you are suffering from cognitive dissonance.

I don't have to rationalize the behaviors that are in line with my personal beliefs.

I've already admitted that I do not trust people even if I don't have a reason not to. So I rationalize that belief because I want to believe that most people are basically decent but I have a hard time getting over my past and still am a very distrustful person.

The way I get around this undesirable belief is that I don't ever ask anyone for anything because then I never have to trust them.
Yes, I admit that I don't always meet the standard but that does not negate the standard. But choosing to do wrong and admitting that wrong was done is not a rationalization. Choosing to do wrong and denying wrong was done is a rationalization.

You literally just rationalized why it's OK for you to be distrustful.
But I didn't say it was OK

Yes i said I rationalized in my post but I never said it was OK did I?

I said I work around that by not asking people for anything or expecting anything of them by doing that I do not have to trust them. I do this so I can be neither trusting nor distrusting. That way of dealing with people removes the need to rationalize my distrust because I can be completely neutral in my dealings with people
Some rationalizations are OK, but in the context of this discussion we are talking about rationalizations which are untrue. In your post you rationalized why it is OK for you to be distrustful of others. Of course that lack of trust is based upon your biases which are preventing you from seeing reality. And for the record you are still rationalizing why it's ok for you to be distrustful.
And i also told you how I changed my perception so I no longer have to rationalize my distrustful nature.
No. What you told me was that you work around your distrust by not asking people for anything or expecting anything of them so that you do not have to trust them. That's you rationalizing that it's OK to be distrustful.
I work around having to rationalize my distrust by not asking or expecting anything from anyone. By not asking anyone for anything or expecting from anyone anything I do not have to trust them so i can be completely neutral and neither trust nor distrust anyone
That sounds like a wonderful rationalization. ;)
Not at all. Since I have stopped expecting anything from anyone I have no need to be distrustful. This is a choice that works for me and doesn't contradict any of my own personal values so there is no need to rationalize
That's still a rationalization.
No it is not.

When one lives in accordance to one's own values there is no need to rationalize because there is no internal conflict
Sure it is. You only see it that way because you are blinded from seeing reality. You are a textbook example of the dunnng-kruger effect.

You see yourself as better than you are in terms of not making rationalizations but you literally just rationalized your distrust of others as good.
And who are you to determine what my reality is?

And again you are pinning your value judgments on my statements and then attributing them to me.

I never once said distrusting people was good or bad.

What I did actually say was that by not expecting or asking anything from anyone I have removed the need to trust or distrust anyone so I can remain neutral in all my interpersonal dealings.

So if I no longer have reason to distrust anyone I have no need to rationalize my distrust because it no longer exists.

I said I work around that by not asking people for anything or expecting anything of them by doing that I do not have to trust them. I do this so I can be neither trusting nor distrusting. That way of dealing with people removes the need to rationalize my distrust because I can be completely neutral in my dealings with people
Some rationalizations are OK, but in the context of this discussion we are talking about rationalizations which are untrue. In your post you rationalized why it is OK for you to be distrustful of others. Of course that lack of trust is based upon your biases which are preventing you from seeing reality. And for the record you are still rationalizing why it's ok for you to be distrustful.
And i also told you how I changed my perception so I no longer have to rationalize my distrustful nature.
No. What you told me was that you work around your distrust by not asking people for anything or expecting anything of them so that you do not have to trust them. That's you rationalizing that it's OK to be distrustful.
I work around having to rationalize my distrust by not asking or expecting anything from anyone. By not asking anyone for anything or expecting from anyone anything I do not have to trust them so i can be completely neutral and neither trust nor distrust anyone
Not at all. Since I have stopped expecting anything from anyone I have no need to be distrustful. This is a choice that works for me and doesn't contradict any of my own personal values so there is no need to rationalize
No it is not.

When one lives in accordance to one's own values there is no need to rationalize because there is no internal conflict
Sure it is. You only see it that way because you are blinded from seeing reality. You are a textbook example of the dunnng-kruger effect.

You see yourself as better than you are in terms of not making rationalizations but you literally just rationalized your distrust of others as good.

And again you are pinning your value judgments on my statements and then attributing them to me.

What I did actually say was that by not expecting or asking anything from anyone I have removed the need to trust or distrust anyone so I can remain neutral in all my interpersonal dealings.

So if I no longer have reason to distrust anyone I have no need to rationalize my distrust because it no longer exists.
An outside observer. Look, I don't really care what you do or believe. Everything works for good. I'm at peace. I don't need to rationalize like you do. If you want to rationalize that you aren't distrustful, that you aren't judgmental that you don't rationalize that some killing is good and just, that's your mistake to make.

No it is not.

An outside observer. Look, I don't really care what you do or believe. Everything works for good. I'm at peace. I don't need to rationalize like you do. If you want to rationalize that you aren't distrustful, that you aren't judgmental that you don't rationalize that some killing is good and just, that's your mistake to make.

You have no way of objectively defining my reality.

And I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I never once said that any killing was "good"? And until you can find a post where I actually said that and quote it I would ask you to stop lying about what I say.

No it is not.

And I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I never once said that any killing was "good"? And until you can find a post where I actually said that and quote it I would ask you to stop lying about what I say.
Sure I do. The difference between being objective and subjective is bias. As for your belief that you don't see some killing as good, that's already been addressed.

No it is not.

Sure I do. The difference between being objective and subjective is bias. As for your belief that you don't see some killing as good, that's already been addressed.
You are not objective.

I don't see any killing as "good" and I never once said it was "good" to kill for any reason.

So unless you can quote me saying what you claim I say you are proving yourself once again to be completely disingenuous.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

I don't see any killing as "good" and I never once said it was "good" to kill for any reason.

So unless you can quote me saying what you claim I say you are proving yourself once again to be completely disingenuous.
I couldn't be happier for you to see me that way. Just like I couldn't be happier for you to believe you don't rationalize.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

I couldn't be happier for you to see me that way. Just like I couldn't be happier for you to believe you don't rationalize.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

So not only do you not live in accordance to your own person values you are happy to be known as disingenuous.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

So not only do you not live in accordance to your own person values you are happy to be known as disingenuous.
I'm happy for you to see me anyway that gives you peace. It's my gift to you. :)

No it is not.

You are not objective.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

I'm happy for you to see me anyway that gives you peace. It's my gift to you. :)
I don't accept gifts from disingenuous people

No it is not.

You are not objective.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

Like I said before, I'm happy for you to see me anyway that gives you peace.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

As if you have plaything to do with my peace. You don't.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

No it is not.

You are not objective.

As if you have plaything to do with my peace. You don't.
Get it out of your system, brother.

Forum List

Back