Coercion or persuasion, what’s left when the labels go away

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
We advance our self interest in every interaction with others by either persuading them or forcing them to do what we want. The same is true with how we set out to solve problems either individually or collectively.

This is where the right vs left paradigm begins to break down because both the political left and right are enthusiastic about using the power of government—force—to get their way. This is why nearly every issue that becomes politicized, eventually becomes a raw power struggle.

Perspectives:

If it has to be forced it must not be that good.

We advance our self interest in every interaction with others by either persuading them or forcing them to do what we want. The same is true with how we set out to solve problems either individually or collectively.

This is where the right vs left paradigm begins to break down because both the political left and right are enthusiastic about using the power of government—force—to get their way. This is why nearly every issue that becomes politicized, eventually becomes a raw power struggle.

Perspectives:

Whichever side is the best at calm persuasion is usually right.

Perspectives:

IRL most of us don't run around and mentally categorize whomever is problem solving as right or left. When I walk out of my door, I don't have time for that nonsense. Here is the problem, solve the problem, can someone that specializes in that field be brought in to provide guidance for that problem. Maybe it's because there is absolutely zip to be gained through division. Or maybe I just don't like that particular damn problem and the only way out is through and if we could all just do our thing like we do then it would not be my problem any damn more.

"The labels go away" when the media takes sides and the media is always on the side of the democrat party.

What's more they really ARE all out to get you
onoz-omg.gif

Forum List

Back