Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

And my ex-gf used to tell me when she wanted me to spend unnecessary money on her that other men buy her nice things and treat her better. What's your point?

It should make us pause long enough to get a really big backswing on the door so it hits them in the ass real hard.

They are using commies to force what they want out of us.

They can get the fuck out and other companies who love America and find it worth staying can have theoir market share.

Coke is a damned soda NOT rocket sceince

Does it even register to you that he might have a point.

We WANT Coca-Cola to open factories in this country and employ people. The fact he says, "The taxes and regulations and bureaucracy make it too difficult for us to do that" should make us wonder, are the taxes, regulations and bureaucracy too much. And the answer is, yes they are.

Protectionism doesn't really work.

It should make us pause long enough to get a really big backswing on the door so it hits them in the ass real hard.

They are using commies to force what they want out of us.

They can get the fuck out and other companies who love America and find it worth staying can have theoir market share.

Coke is a damned soda NOT rocket sceince

Does it even register to you that he might have a point.

We WANT Coca-Cola to open factories in this country and employ people. The fact he says, "The taxes and regulations and bureaucracy make it too difficult for us to do that" should make us wonder, are the taxes, regulations and bureaucracy too much. And the answer is, yes they are.

Protectionism doesn't really work.

Yah like people will be buying more coke over here for a while.

Note: didn't read the thread yet.

Of course China is more business friendly than the U.S. They have almost no labor laws, little environmental regulation, extremely low wages and no corporate taxes. The only one of those I consider potentially a good thing is the lack of corporate tax (I'd advocate replacing it with a one-time franchising tax).

Coke is complaining that the business environment here is too restrictive?

Oh that must explain then why coke can be had at hundreds of thousands of stores and machines all over this land.

Becuase the nanny state government is too restrictive.

Seriously guys, how fucking stupid are you people to believe this shit?

Yup, this is disheartening.

Coca-Cola chief criticises US tax rules - FT.com

Coca-Cola now sees the US becoming a less friendly business environment than China, its chief executive has revealed, citing political gridlock and an antiquated tax structure as reasons its home market has become less competitive.

Muhtar Kent, Coke’s chief executive, said “in many respects” it was easier doing business in China, which he likened to a well-managed company. “You have a one-stop shop in terms of the Chinese foreign investment agency and local governments are fighting for investment with each other,” he told the Financial Times.
In China, they let companies put poison in milk.

What a stupid man.

[

Personally, I'm not thrilled with China's growth, but we have to look at what they are doing right.

They are not treating business as the "enemy".

That's right, they're not. They're treating their workers like shit...shrug

Again, it's a matter of relevence, isn't it?

China has moved 300 million people into the "Middle Class" in the last decade. When a new western factory opens, they have lines around the block to get the jobs.

Oh yeah! ~ Those terrible restrictions...remember when we could readily buy coke nearly everywhere?

Man! ~ those were the days, before the nanny state regulations drive COKE out of business in the USA, right?

:lol:

How fucking stupid are :doubt:you people, anyway?

Forum List

Back