Coal jobs are not coming back, no matter what Trump says, and Republicans are starting to admit it

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Get more education rubes if you want a job in the 21st century

Here’s the thing about coal: you can’t eat it. Or wear it. Other than a small market for “things really awful parents shove into the stockings of children,” coal gets burned. In the United States, almost all of it gets burned to make electricity. Which makes all the talk about Trump bringing back coal jobs worse than ridiculous.

Coal jobs are not coming back, no matter what Trump says, and Republicans are starting to admit it

Guno...predicted there would never be another Republican President. Predicted a Democrat controlled senate. Predicted demographic shifts that would propel Liberals to every lever of power.

Instead, we have a Republican President, Republican Senate, Republican House, 33 of 50 Republican Governors, 69 of 99 state legislative chambers controlled by Republicans, soon to have another Conservative controlled supreme court...and Democrats only hold unified control in FOUR states...that's right, you can count them on one hand.

And you have the unmitigated gall to make a prediction???

I laugh directly in your face. :lmao:

So what's the better business approach guno:
1. investing in developing and producing more sustainable alternatives?
And building jobs around those?
2. bitching and theorizing what Republicans think.
How many paid jobs is THAT going to create?

How about this guno
What if instead of a wall, parties collaborate with border states and their universities and students, especially UT in Brownsville that is divided over the border and Petition Trump to
Build Schools - Not Walls

What if factories and better energy sources
could be the focus of development along the border?

How many jobs and educational training programs
and scholarships could be funded by
focusing on R&D of better environmental
and cost-effective solutions?

Which approach would you rather have
SOROS invest funds?

So what's the better business approach guno:
1. investing in developing and producing more sustainable alternatives?
And building jobs around those?
2. bitching and theorizing what Republicans think.
How many paid jobs is THAT going to create?

How about this guno
What if instead of a wall, parties collaborate with border states and their universities and students, especially UT in Brownsville that is divided over the border and Petition Trump to
Build Schools - Not Walls

What if factories and better energy sources
could be the focus of development along the border?

How many jobs and educational training programs
and scholarships could be funded by
focusing on R&D of better environmental
and cost-effective solutions?

Which approach would you rather have
SOROS invest funds?

Guano isn't concerned about anyone's job, only his anti-white, anti-Christian Agenda.

Get more education rubes if you want a job in the 21st century

Here’s the thing about coal: you can’t eat it. Or wear it. Other than a small market for “things really awful parents shove into the stockings of children,” coal gets burned. In the United States, almost all of it gets burned to make electricity. Which makes all the talk about Trump bringing back coal jobs worse than ridiculous.

Your article is retarded.. Their has been a war on coal for decades to make it expensive.. We got more coal under northern Illinois alone to last us a century or more

"No matter what Trump says." That expression is gonna get old real fast.

Trump has expressed enthusiasm for placing artificial controls on the free market. It's very possible then that he'll go after the natural gas and oil industries, taxing the crap out of them to shut down their jobs and give coal a chance.

No.

All the petroleum industry has to do is kiss ass. Donald Trump is not exactly difficult to manipulate.

Trump has expressed enthusiasm for placing artificial controls on the free market. It's very possible then that he'll go after the natural gas and oil industries, taxing the crap out of them to shut down their jobs and give coal a chance.

No.

All the petroleum industry has to do is kiss ass. Donald Trump is not exactly difficult to manipulate.

Not to mention he is thinking about appointing a guy that is an Exec at Lucas Oil as one of his cabinet members.

He wouldn't have to just put the brakes on the EPA

He could blow the EPA up tomorrow. It still wouldn't magically create demand for coal. Trump would have to take out the natural gas industry and force coal companies to stop buying machines that make coal workers obsolete if he wants to bring back coal jobs. Not gonna happen.

Saudi Arabia has a lot to say about this, they will simply pump oil at $35 a barrel, their agenda is to drive other producers under. It worked in the 80s

He could blow the EPA up tomorrow. It still wouldn't magically create demand for coal. Trump would have to take out the natural gas industry and force coal companies to stop buying machines that make coal workers obsolete if he wants to bring back coal jobs. Not gonna happen.

Are you so sure about that? Jesus dude again it has been like a 40 year war on coal ya artificially put demands on something of course you will make it more expensive.. But we have so much damn coal in this country it's unbelievable.

BTW I really don't give a damn I am now in the green energy business.. My pay checks come from Portugal.

Are you so sure about that? Jesus dude again it has been like a 40 year war on coal ya artificially put demands on something of course you will make it more expensive.. But we have so much damn coal in this country it's unbelievable.

BTW I really don't give a damn I am now in the green energy business.. My pay checks come from Portugal.
Everybody has so much damn coal. The demand as things stand right now, is being easily met. All the regulations that are supposedly going to be lifted, will benefit gas and oil as much and probably more so than coal, meaning coal will be even weaker against its competition. The rust belt bought a pipe dream with their vote for Trump. Almost like he was promising them free stuff.

Everybody has so much damn coal. The demand as things stand right now, is being easily met. All the regulations that are supposedly going to be lifted, will benefit gas and oil as much and probably more so than coal, meaning coal will be even weaker against its competition. The rust belt bought a pipe dream with their vote for Trump. Almost like he was promising them free stuff.

No he was not promising free stuff, what trump was promising was slowing down the bleeding , you know damn well that Obama was totally against small business, I never got that about Obama I think it was out of his hands.

He was way to much for the poor and elites democrats forgot about the middle class..

No he was not promising free stuff, what trump was promising was slowing down the bleeding , you know damn well that Obama was totally against small business, I never got that about Obama I think it was out of his hands.

He was way to much for the poor and elites democrats forgot about the middle class..
Trump was not elected for promising to "slow down the bleeding." He was elected for a bunch of wild promises he knows he can't keep. Like bringing back coal.

Trump was not elected for promising to "slow down the bleeding." He was elected for a bunch of wild promises he knows he can't keep. Like bringing back coal.

We know you bought into his barium and Baily act.. I never did..

Forum List

Back