CNS - One Third of Primary Care Physicians May Quit.

this poll is not on the nejm's site...i searched all polls

the link is to the nejm CAREER CENTER....from the cns article... a private entity using their logo.

the link it then gives for where the poll comes from.....leads to another site, that ALSO has nothing on the poll....

i wouldn't jump to any conclusions...imo, the whole thing seems to be a FARCE! we will see... ;)
:eek: You mean someone is engaging in social engineering? :lol::lol::lol:

i don't know? i could be wrong....but from where i get with it in my searches, it looks like it could be?
I think you are right, there is something fishy about this poll.

Just last September NEJM reported that 63% of doctors were in favor of a public option.

Medical News: 63% of Physicians Favor Public Option - in Public Health & Policy, Health Policy from MedPage Today

:eek: You mean someone is engaging in social engineering? :lol::lol::lol:

i don't know? i could be wrong....but from where i get with it in my searches, it looks like it could be?
I think you are right, there is something fishy about this poll.

Just last September NEJM reported that 63% of doctors were in favor of a public option.

Medical News: 63% of Physicians Favor Public Option - in Public Health & Policy, Health Policy from MedPage Today

there's no public option in this bill, though.

(CNSNews.com) - Nearly one-third of all practicing physicians may leave the medical profession if President Obama signs current versions of health-care reform legislation into law, according to a survey published in the latest issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.

CNSNews.com - Nearly One-Third of Doctors Could Leave Medicine if Health-Care Reform Bill Passes, According to Survey Reported in New England Journal of Medicine

Here's the actual NEJM link. Wouldn't want people to accuse you of linking to a biased source.

Physician Survey: Health Reform?s Potential Impact on Physician Supply and Quality of Medical Care

On one hand, I can see why this would seem somewhat startling. But on the other hand, I don't really trust the numbers. It's not unreasonable to assume that a lot of these doctors that are against reform would say this even though they'd never follow through.

How many people who said they'd leave the country if Obama was elected actually have?

Not enough.

I don't question the polling methods, I simply don't believe that many doctors would quit.

It costs nothing to say you'll quit, especially if you're opposed to the bill. And it's not like anyone is going to hold them to it.

Faced with reality, I'd guess that more than 90% of the I'd quitters would somehow figure out a way to continue earning a living in their chosen profession.

frankly, i'm more concerned that people intelligent enough to become doctors are also intelligent enough to see that they will have more attractive alternatives than a career in medicine at the retail level.

You mean you don't want to go to this guy?

simpsons_doctor.gif

THERE IS A PUBLIC OPTION IN THE BILL:

Government-run health care is government-run health care no matter what you call it.

The health care “co-op” approach now embraced by the Obama administration will still give the federal government control over one-sixth of the U.S. economy, with a government-appointed board, taxpayer funding, and with bureaucrats setting premiums, benefits, and operating rules.

Plus, it won’t be a true co-op, like rural electrical co-ops or your local health-food store — owned and controlled by its workers and the people who use its services. Under the government plan, the members wouldn’t choose its officers — the president would.

The real issue has never been the “public option” on its own. The issue is whether the government will take over the U.S. health care system, controlling many of our most important, personal, and private decisions. Even without a public option, the bills in Congress would make Americans pay higher taxes and higher premiums, while government bureaucrats determine what insurance benefits they must have and, ultimately, what care they can receive."

Government-run health care is government-run health care no matter what you call it.

The health care “co-op” approach now embraced by the Obama administration will still give the federal government control over one-sixth of the U.S. economy, with a government-appointed board, taxpayer funding, and with bureaucrats setting premiums, benefits, and operating rules.

Plus, it won’t be a true co-op, like rural electrical co-ops or your local health-food store — owned and controlled by its workers and the people who use its services. Under the government plan, the members wouldn’t choose its officers — the president would.

The real issue has never been the “public option” on its own. The issue is whether the government will take over the U.S. health care system, controlling many of our most important, personal, and private decisions. Even without a public option, the bills in Congress would make Americans pay higher taxes and higher premiums, while government bureaucrats determine what insurance benefits they must have and, ultimately, what care they can receive."

this is from august of last year?

....a lot has changed since then...no?

I think it all depends on if the Federal Government sets the doctor's salary.

I don't question the polling methods, I simply don't believe that many doctors would quit.

It costs nothing to say you'll quit, especially if you're opposed to the bill. And it's not like anyone is going to hold them to it.

Faced with reality, I'd guess that more than 90% of the I'd quitters would somehow figure out a way to continue earning a living in their chosen profession.

frankly, i'm more concerned that people intelligent enough to become doctors are also intelligent enough to see that they will have more attractive alternatives than a career in medicine at the retail level.

You mean you don't want to go to this guy?

simpsons_doctor.gif

i'd prefer flesh and blood to animated, actually.

my doc now is joe castig's kid-pretty nice kid, too.

Here's the actual NEJM link. Wouldn't want people to accuse you of linking to a biased source.

Physician Survey: Health Reform?s Potential Impact on Physician Supply and Quality of Medical Care

On one hand, I can see why this would seem somewhat startling. But on the other hand, I don't really trust the numbers. It's not unreasonable to assume that a lot of these doctors that are against reform would say this even though they'd never follow through.

How many people who said they'd leave the country if Obama was elected actually have?

Not enough.

Just like all the libs who made the same claim if 'W' won.

I predict that Veterinary Doctor's will be in high demand. lol

The CATO Institute does not show any changes. Remember the bill has 2700 pages, so I know that most of the congressmen have not read it.

The proponents have the burden to show that such is not the case. I won't hold my breath.

This pretense that doctors are going to quit because of how they get paid reminds me of the pretense of those people that make more that $250K a year saying they were just going to stop making more than $250K because they'd pay a few extra bucks in taxes.

More lies by the right.

Sad thing is the lies often work.

The CATO Institute does not show any changes. Remember the bill has 2700 pages, so I know that most of the congressmen have not read it.

The proponents have the burden to show that such is not the case. I won't hold my breath.

i personally would prefer it to be in there....

the senate version does not have it.... who knows on the conference version?

i personally would prefer it to be in there....

the senate version does not have it.... who knows on the conference version?

Why, the public option nor the entire bill is necessary.:eek:

yeah, I'm sure they'd all rather go work at walmart.

Perhaps they would rather work in a different nation if Obama's HealthFraud scam passes.

Do you mean a nation with national health care?

Which nation are you suggesting? One of the 36 that has better healthcare than us?
I mean any nation where they won't be turned into state run drones doing whatever "Pappy" Fed tells them to do.

Forum List

Back