CDZ CNN today : Putin *is* guilty of war-crimes. But The Hague's International War-Crimes Tribunal can (currently) do little about it.

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
i've seen the images.
(possibly deliberately!) clumsy cluster munitions targetting random elderly and weak civilians, because poison-gas would be a step too far.

a male population determined to resist the Russians' bs.

empty hospitals because the munitions used are powerful enough to kill all patients arriving at hospitals.

and millions of mothers with children sent out into the winter cold of a mostly land-climate country (bad bad cold), hoping to escape the onslaught.

i'll take the fight back to defence.pk (i've been permanently banned there, surprise, surprise) under a new nickname ('gavan'), a new IP address, and a new email address ([email protected]).

it's not like i can't social media fight against 4 different warrior archetypes (Russian, Chinese, alQuada, Iranian) at the same time by now.

i'm very sad, and very angry today.

the reason The Hague can do so little against Putin is eerily obvious : Europe has no armies to speak of yet. But i think that will change, over the coming years and decades.
welcome to Cold War part 2 : minor wars in far-eastern *Europe*. and possibly around and over Taiwan as well.
and like last time, in Cold War part 1, the *communists* started it.

the baltic states in the North (Lithunia, Estonia and Latvia), "dear" Putin, *are* NATO members.
you'd best keep that in mind.

i'm very sad, and very angry today.
Yeah.

It's challenging to wrap your head around how big a paradigm shift this is, in terms of Russia's and Putin's places in the world going forward. He is now compelled to isolate himself and his country to save his own miserable skin. And it sure as hell doesn't seem likely that things will go back to "normal" once the hostilities end.

He is a straight-up war criminal now. The closest thing he has to an ace up his sleeve is his relationship with China, who will almost certainly do what it can to bail him out by purchasing his oil and other products. Then he'll be at their mercy. I just hope he hasn't lost his mind. That would be the most dangerous scenario for the world.

the reason The Hague can do so little against Putin is eerily obvious : Europe has no armies to speak of yet. But i think that will change, over the coming years and decades.
welcome to Cold War part 2 : minor wars in far-eastern *Europe*. and possibly around and over Taiwan as well.
and like last time, in Cold War part 1, the *communists* started it.

the baltic states in the North (Lithunia, Estonia and Latvia), "dear" Putin, *are* NATO members.
you'd best keep that in mind.

They spend all their money on socialized medicine and generous benefits, and for decades thumb their noses and sneer at us that we don't. Oh but absolutely, when things get dicey, they depend on us to be their White Knights--because you are right, their defense spending is pitiful.

Nope. No more. Let Europe take care of Europe.

But The Hague's International War-Crimes Tribunal can (currently) do little about it.​

Only signatories of The Rome Statute can be tried by The ICC. Russia (as well as the United States) are not signatories.

They spend all their money on socialized medicine and generous benefits, and for decades thumb their noses and sneer at us that we don't. Oh but absolutely, when things get dicey, they depend on us to be their White Knights--because you are right, their defense spending is pitiful.

Nope. No more. Let Europe take care of Europe.
long-standing allies should remain allies. especially when facing seemingly insurmountable odds.

And go where? To some other leftist pimp who took Jeffery Epstein's place?
no, to some refugee camp that we fund with our savings. especially the rich of the world owe some of their savings to reputable charities going into Ukraine and the surrounding NATO-friendly countries. even Russia should allow amnesty and their generous social benefits to the Ukranians fleeing into *their* territory. or they have plainly become incapable of showing mercy during combat. they'd earn the shame of their fore-fathers that way.

You mean "kids in cages"?
no, first of all : that was Trump, and he was a bad leader. i have no control over who gets elected President in the USA nor any other nation.

second : the Mexicans are known to send in bad kids and bad parents as part of their criminal expansion strategy, so Trump and his team might have thought it best to give them a public display of the criminal justice system in the USA.

actual friendly families like the Ukranians get a different treatment by their fellow NATO allies. tent cities, where people can make new friends, get regular food and medical treatment, etc, etc, etc.

you wanna continue to provoke me? because i think you're *playing* dumb. what's the purpose of that??

Forum List

Back