CNN suffers smallest weekday audience since 2015

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I'm surprised they hit these numbers.

CNN had its smallest weekday audience since the Obama administration on Tuesday as ratings woes continue to plague the struggling network.

CNN, which was purchased by Warner Bros. Discovery earlier this year following the closing of a $43 billion merger, averaged only 393,000 total viewers on June 14. The dismal turnout was CNN’s smallest weekday audience since Nov. 2, 2015 if you exclude Thanksgiving Day.

The network also had its least-viewed, non-Thanksgiving weekday during the hours of 9 a.m. through 5 p.m. when CNN’s daytime lineup managed only 489,000 average viewers. It was CNN’s worst performance in that category since Nov. 3, 2015.

Hey CNN....

1*PK-rJjNwz9rYPYCDF_2TzQ.jpeg

I don't think the new owners bought CNN to lose money.

CNN had its smallest weekday audience since the Obama administration on Tuesday as ratings woes continue to plague the struggling network.

CNN, which was purchased by Warner Bros. Discovery earlier this year following the closing of a $43 billion merger, averaged only 393,000 total viewers on June 14. The dismal turnout was CNN’s smallest weekday audience since Nov. 2, 2015 if you exclude Thanksgiving Day.

The network also had its least-viewed, non-Thanksgiving weekday during the hours of 9 a.m. through 5 p.m. when CNN’s daytime lineup managed only 489,000 average viewers. It was CNN’s worst performance in that category since Nov. 3, 2015.
Losing out to Judge Judy, The Price is Right and the Black Let's Make a Deal.
Pretty pathetic.

Hey CNN....

1*PK-rJjNwz9rYPYCDF_2TzQ.jpeg

I don't think the new owners bought CNN to lose money.

CNN doesn't care. They don't get funded the traditional way i.e. through ratings and advertising. They got loads of Marxist dark money taking care of them.

CNN shakeup: Brian Stelter, Jim Acosta to be fired!?​

CNN shakeup: Brian Stelter, Jim Acosta to be fired!?

Do the news or get fired.

That’s reportedly the message to CNN’s top talent since new CEO Chris Licht took over — and it’s about to take effect.

Licht is reportedly “evaluating” the network’s top talent — namely stars Brian Stelter and Jim Acosta — to see if they can stop being partisan and far-left.

“If talent cannot adjust to a less partisan tone and strategy, they could be ousted,” Axios

CNN shakeup: Brian Stelter, Jim Acosta to be fired!?​

CNN shakeup: Brian Stelter, Jim Acosta to be fired!?

Do the news or get fired.

That’s reportedly the message to CNN’s top talent since new CEO Chris Licht took over — and it’s about to take effect.

Licht is reportedly “evaluating” the network’s top talent — namely stars Brian Stelter and Jim Acosta — to see if they can stop being partisan and far-left.

“If talent cannot adjust to a less partisan tone and strategy, they could be ousted,” Axios

Yet the biggest drag on their network will be allowed to be there until he drops dead. Back to you in the studio, Wolf

LOL.....I swear I thought Don King was going to throttle him when he refused to call PA for Trump when he ran against FHRC.

I can honestly say that I have not watched many whole reports from CNN since the Sago Mine disaster. They did well with their coverage then with young and aspiring Anderson Cooper on the scene. Since then, Cooper has stopped being a reporter and started being a personality and CNN has gotten even more ancient and out of touch then they already were in 2006. All of these news network would be better off if they dropped their 5 highest paid personalities and replaced them with 50 actual reporters.

i must be one of the few people still watching CNN. I wonder what the ratings are for its sister network HLN.

Forum List

Back