CNN, Alisyn Camerota change tune on whether it’s OK to refer to virus by origin nation: ‘Handy shorthand’

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
At CNN, men are women, kings or potatoes, as long as they identify as one. The Wuhan Virus is no longer a virus, it shall be known as "Virus X" of no known origin. The virus formerly known as the Wuhan Virus. Maybe it was sent to earth from outer space, aliens from another planet trying to harm Chinas global reputation.

Now strains of it can no longer be referred to by where it first originated, be it S Africa or England. How should we I.D viruses in the future? By a 9 digit barcode number?

It should be noted, very few countries allow any journalism like this to be taken seriously. Even in China they call it as they see it (when the government allows them to see).

CNN has once again changed its tune when it comes to whether or not it’s acceptable to refer to a virus by its nation of origin.

CNN’s Alisyn Camerota, who called COVID-19 the "Wuhan coronavirus" before the mainstream media decided that term was scandalous, claimed Wednesday she didn’t mean to "disparage South Africa" by using a geographic origin to describe a variant of the virus and was simply using "handy shorthand."

Camerota referred to the latest COVID strain as the "South African variant" but "New Day" guest South African Ministerial Advisory Committee co-chair Salim Abdool Karim took exception to her choice of words.

"Even though the virus in this particular variant was first described in South Africa, it actually might not have even emanated from South Africa. So it’s inappropriate to call it the ‘South African variant,’ it’s better just to call it by its name," Karim said, mirroring comments regularly made to criticize President Trump for calling the coronavirus by its place of origin.

Camerota responded, "You’re right," and blamed her rhetoric on convenience.

"Absolutely, you’re right, I don’t mean to disparage South Africa, it’s just a handy shorthand but I know that doctors don’t like that," Camerota said.

At CNN, men are women, kings or potatoes, as long as they identify as one. The Wuhan Virus is no longer a virus, it shall be known as "Virus X" of no known origin. The virus formerly known as the Wuhan Virus. Maybe it was sent to earth from outer space, aliens from another planet trying to harm Chinas global reputation.

Now strains of it can no longer be referred to by where it first originated, be it S Africa or England. How should we I.D viruses in the future? By a 9 digit barcode number?

It should be noted, very few countries allow any journalism like this to be taken seriously. Even in China they call it as they see it (when the government allows them to see).

CNN has once again changed its tune when it comes to whether or not it’s acceptable to refer to a virus by its nation of origin.

CNN’s Alisyn Camerota, who called COVID-19 the "Wuhan coronavirus" before the mainstream media decided that term was scandalous, claimed Wednesday she didn’t mean to "disparage South Africa" by using a geographic origin to describe a variant of the virus and was simply using "handy shorthand."

Camerota referred to the latest COVID strain as the "South African variant" but "New Day" guest South African Ministerial Advisory Committee co-chair Salim Abdool Karim took exception to her choice of words.

"Even though the virus in this particular variant was first described in South Africa, it actually might not have even emanated from South Africa. So it’s inappropriate to call it the ‘South African variant,’ it’s better just to call it by its name," Karim said, mirroring comments regularly made to criticize President Trump for calling the coronavirus by its place of origin.

"Absolutely, you’re right, I don’t mean to disparage South Africa, it’s just a handy shorthand but I know that doctors don’t like that," Camerota said.
The CCP virus was lab created in 2017 with Fauci's knowledge.

So CNN hates Africa. I'm not surprised.

Pardon the French but why in the absolute fuck are we drowning ourselves in a debate over semantics when everywhere around us our civilizations are burning to the ground? Who fucking cares what CNN calls the Chinese Mass Murder Virus-21? We already know CNN is a radical leftist woke propaganda organ of the State. Good people spinning their wheels expending brainpower on procrastinating bullshit minor details is exactly why we find ourselves in THIS right fucked situation.

Pardon the French but why in the absolute fuck are we drowning ourselves in a debate over semantics when everywhere around us our civilizations are burning to the ground? Who fucking cares what CNN calls the Chinese Mass Murder Virus-21? We already know CNN is a radical leftist woke propaganda organ of the State. Good people spinning their wheels expending brainpower on procrastinating bullshit minor details is exactly why we find ourselves in THIS right fucked situation.

That's not good enough in a world of oppressing peoples speech while not abiding by their own rules (or making them up as they go along),

I turned on CNN just a while ago and wouldn't you know it, they were talking about a womans mother who passed away, due to the UK strain.

Yes, they identified this by it's origin. Almost as if some want to do so to say "see, it's not just China". Ironically though, they will bow to the communists desire to NOT be associated with it, as they said "its racist to do so".

Those in media often just as dangerous as any foreign government and they must be called out.

Forum List

Back