CMT Awards dont have any Country Music in it, lol

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
WTF, if the country music moguls dont like country, they should stop using the misleading label 'country music'. These bastards are so ashamed of their own music they market they show cased mor pop and rap than Country.

Fans bewildered by lack of country music at CMT Awards | Fox News

Viewers who tuned into last night’s CMT Music Awards were left wondering whether or not they were watching a country music awards show.

The fan-voted show kicked off with a number of collaborative performances featuring country stars and others outside the genre, from rockers Cheap Trick to rapper Pitbull.

Keith Urban, Brett Eldredge and Maren Morris started the show off at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. That was followed with an outdoor performance by Billy Ray Cyrus with recent Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Cheap Trick. Then, the show went back indoors for a performance by Pitbull, pop singer Leona Lewis and Cassadee Pope — all while Jason Aldean, Nicole Kidman and more watched in the audience.

The performances did not leave fans happy with the show.

“Can someone please explain to me why #Pitbull just performed at the #CMTawards? Wasting time when real county artists could be performing,” one viewer asked.

“Why cut Cam short to have 5th Harmony ruin a show?” another asked when the “Burning House” singer sang with the pop group.

How many blacks won awards??? If fewer than 50% then it's a racist event.

To me, the best part of that show was when Chris Stapleton took the stage and sang his newest song named "Parachute". :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Everything else only made me miss my newest favorite singer, the late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal that is, even more.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back