Close Calls?

Here's one.
wre(1).jpg

I was hit by lightning on July 2, 2002, just two days after my 20th birthday.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Actually a car is what got hit, but I was in it when it happened and I was told that if the gas tank had been hit.......well you know the rest.

I feel 30 feet broke some ribs cracked a couple vertebraes. Been shot. Stabbed

I was hit by lightning on July 2, 2002, just two days after my 20th birthday.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Actually a car is what got hit, but I was in it when it happened and I was told that if the gas tank had been hit.......well you know the rest.
Riders on the storm.

Have had a number of close calls but God had his hand on me. Once I was on my way to the airstrip to go to the Forward Base when the Jeep I was in had a flat tire a quarter mile from the strip.A couple minutes later the C-121 took off with 47 people aboard and I watched as it flew into a mountain, killing everybody aboard. Another time I was on a chopper that was landing at a hot LZ. and as we came in low over the trees the pilot got shot and lost control. The chopper turned sideways, clipping the tree and I fell out, landed atop the tree and my harness caught a limb and I was hanging about 50 feet from the ground. 14 other people were on the chopper and none of them survived. That's 2 close calls I've had. Every combat soldiers on the forum can relate to close calls on the battlefield.

Just how close are we talking here???

Just asking cause there was a time I was driving about 100+ in the left lane of the freeway at 2 am. I was the only one on the road, or so I thought. I don't know why, but I slowed down a bit & got over to the far right lane and as I came around the next curve there in the far left lane that I had been in was an accident and the people were out of their cars.........if I hadn't slowed down & gotten over when I did, I would have hit them & their cars at 100+ and we'd all have been a mushroom cloud.
Needless to say I was shaking so bad I nearly puked.

Then of course a few years before that.....I dropped in my parents bathroom.....bad reaction to marijuana, but also an accumulation of a couple of years of drinking, drugs, not eating and dangerous lifestyle.....seen the 'Light' and the whole nine yards.

Have had a number of close calls but God had his hand on me. Once I was on my way to the airstrip to go to the Forward Base when the Jeep I was in had a flat tire a quarter mile from the strip.A couple minutes later the C-121 took off with 47 people aboard and I watched as it flew into a mountain, killing everybody aboard. Another time I was on a chopper that was landing at a hot LZ. and as we came in low over the trees the pilot got shot and lost control. The chopper turned sideways, clipping the tree and I fell out, landed atop the tree and my harness caught a limb and I was hanging about 50 feet from the ground. 14 other people were on the chopper and none of them survived. That's 2 close calls I've had. Every combat soldiers on the forum can relate to close calls on the battlefield.
I hope you were wearing your brown pants that day.

:D

My "close calls" were all on my Honda 750 4-K superbike.

My "near death" was 2 days in a coma.

Met God, Jesus, Holy Mary, the Holy Spirit, and millions of angels those 2 days that I was out.

I hope you were wearing your brown pants that day.

:D
Yep, my red ones were in the laundry,

I was a lineman for over a decade. I fell twice (gaffed out), had a pole break while I was taking up slack on strand for a new line, gaffed out and my safety harness caught me just above a chainlink fence, had a truck catch a low line and snap a pole (the strand cut a groove in my hardhat and the pole dented the metal bins on either side of my head), had a transformer blow less than 15 mins after I came off the pole, had a lightning strike come down the line (beautiful little blue fireballs), and had a 7' trench collapse on a co-worker (we were taking turns connecting lines and could have been doing it alone).

Forum List

Back