Climate Change is not mentioned in my 1999 version of Oxford Dictionary of science

When you say "esteemed scientist", who are you quoting? I have never heard anyone call him a scientist and he has never made such a claim.

No schools are using Gore's books as textbooks. But you are right that if we don't act immediately and in a fully committed fashion, we are all fucked as fucked can get.
He won a Nobel Prize for science for Pete's sake and his documentary won an Oscar.

"The National Wildlife Federation has, in cooperation with Mr. Gore, and with the support of film producer Particpant Media and the Tosa Foundation, developed an Inconvenient Truth high school curriculum that focuses on the science of global warming and educational activities about global warming solutions." (You'll find Gore's book in almost all public school libraries.)

He has testified as a climate scientist before Congress and has been included as a scientific speaker at many climate summits and conferences.

Care to try again?

He won a Nobel Prize for science for Pete's sake and his documentary won an Oscar.

"The National Wildlife Federation has, in cooperation with Mr. Gore, and with the support of film producer Particpant Media and the Tosa Foundation, developed an Inconvenient Truth high school curriculum that focuses on the science of global warming and educational activities about global warming solutions." (You'll find Gore's book in almost all public school libraries.)

He has testified as a climate scientist before Congress and has been included as a scientific speaker at many climate summits and conferences.

Care to try again?
Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize. There are several Nobel science prizes (physics, chemistry, biology) but no Science prize.

Putting a book in a school library is not the same as selecting it as a textbook.

Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize. There are several Nobel science prizes (physics, chemistry, biology) but no Science prize.

Putting a book in a school library is not the same as selecting it as a textbook.
So you just ignored the part about the curriculum. or what he got the Nobel Peace Prize for etc. . .

It must be something in the water they drink. . .

So you just ignored the part about the curriculum. or what he got the Nobel Peace Prize for etc. . .
You have not told me of any public school that uses Gore's book for a textbook and he did not get the Nobel Peace Prize for being a scientist.

Change of terms is NOT Change of Opinion or Cause.

Global warming
Noun​

A long-term gradual increase in the average temperature of the earth's atmosphere, waters, and land surface, spec. that occurring in the wake of the Industrial Revolution, becoming apparent from the late 20th century onwards, and linked to increased emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases caused by human activity.

1. 1957
    This continued pouring forth of waste gases may upset the rather delicate carbon dioxide balance in the earth's general atmosphere and..a large scale global warming, with radical climate changes may result.
    Hammond (Indiana) Times 6 November b2/1\

2. 1977
    Even a doubling of carbon dioxide could be serious: a global warming of nearly three degrees centigrade, and possibly over eleven degrees in parts of the Arctic.
    Economist 4 June 89/1

3. 2006
    Work on early Eocene rocks from the Norwegian Sea suggests that the rapid global warming at this time may have been due to the conversion of carbon-rich sediments to methane.
    D. H. Erwin, Extinction vii. 176

4. 2020
    For the slow wind speeds during the last monsoon, experts are blaming climate change catalysed by global warming and erratic rainfall patterns.
    Mint (New Delhi) 10 May
Show more quotations

`

You have not told me of any public school that uses Gore's book for a textbook and he did not get the Nobel Peace Prize for being a scientist.
It's past your bedtime sonny. Maybe if you didn't stay up so late you could read better. Maybe.

It's past your bedtime sonny. Maybe if you didn't stay up so late you could read better. Maybe.
You said "The National Wildlife Federation has, in cooperation with Mr. Gore, and with the support of film producer Particpant Media and the Tosa Foundation, developed an Inconvenient Truth high school curriculum that focuses on the science of global warming and educational activities about global warming solutions."

That says they developed a curriculum. It does not say any school system ever adopted it.

Besides which, I suspect that the material they developed is perfectly suitable. I see nothing wrong with teaching our children mainstream science, particularly on critical issues such a AGW. Do you?

My Oxford Dictionary of Science is very thick and loaded with all issues Science. So I opened it this afternoon to read what it says about Climate change. Surely this was in the 1999 issue of this important Science dictionary. But nope.

Climate is mentioned. It even says that the Climate version we all know was conceived by Vladimir Koppen in 1918. But change is not mentioned.

How could something claimed to be settled not defined by Koppen?

It has extentive words about Climate. How you define Climate is there. The impact of geology and oceans is there.

So who the hell dreamed up climate change as an important issue? Was it Al Gore?
Because the climate became political after 1999.

My Oxford Dictionary of Science is very thick and loaded with all issues Science. So I opened it this afternoon to read what it says about Climate change. Surely this was in the 1999 issue of this important Science dictionary. But nope.

Climate is mentioned. It even says that the Climate version we all know was conceived by Vladimir Koppen in 1918. But change is not mentioned.

It has extentive words about Climate. How you define Climate is there. The impact of geology and oceans is there.

So who the hell dreamed up climate change as an important issue? Was it Al Gore?
So what? On what page is the Webb Telescope? How about SpaceX? What a stupid gdamn thread.

It would take a bit more reading than one article. I gave you a starting point. Good luck.
Well, the onus is on you. Just list all the Right Wing people you're referring to because you must know them in order to make the claim. So I don't need luck, you just need to clarify your claim.

Marxists invented it around 2002.

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Again, I don't really care to try to convince people that arent going to believe me anyway.

But Newt did the bidding of his masters.
1997 and 1999 was within the Clinton days. I can see why you refuse to back your claim up.

So which Right Wingers made it political in the Clinton days?

Forum List

Back