CDZ Civilized Humans ???

Interesting proposition. It has often occurred to me that we are one of natures experiments in extremes that has gone too far. Saber toothed tigers developed teeth too big to be practical. We may have developed brains too big for our own good. Our reach exceeds our grasp, or at least the grasp of the least of us, and they are legion.

Sometimes I think we'd be better off living like animals, true to our instinctive nature.

This attempt at being civilized is failing miserably and even worse, may be the death of us
Humanities greatest acheivements arise during times of challenge, struggle, and conflict. The human animal is not equipped to thrive in times of peace.

Last edited:
Interesting proposition. It has often occurred to me that we are one of natures experiments in extremes that has gone too far. Saber toothed tigers developed teeth too big to be practical. We may have developed brains too big for our own good. Our reach exceeds our grasp, or at least the grasp of the least of us, and they are legion.

I think part of our brains may be overdeveloped and part underdeveloped.
We are more interested in "things" than each other
More interested in "winning" and being right that peaceful assembly

If we are meant to be "warriors" by nature, the only true winners will be shown by brute strength, because, opinions vary and even views of reality vary.

Sometimes I think we'd be better off living like animals, true to our instinctive nature.

This attempt at being civilized is failing miserably and even worse, may be the death of us
Humanities greatest acheivements arise during times of challenge, struggle, and conflict. The human animal is not equipped to thrive in times of peace.

No animals are ever fully at peace.
We already have figured out how to survive - unfortunately, our priorities are now totally misplaced...

We already have figured out how to survive - unfortunately, our priorities are now totally misplaced...
How so?

How so?

We are fighting over things that can't be agreed upon.
We are unwilling to accept differences and prefer instead to pound our heads against walls trying to make people see our way that never will, and, further more, that maybe shouldn't. It's good for people to be different.

We should be focusing on how we can live together and LEARN when it's just time to let go is bickering. Because most of it is just that. Bickering and noise.

I don't. Humans have abilities beyond what instincts provide. I see no reason to throw in the towel and declare civilization a failure just because some people do stupid things.
Yeah but when those some people are Trump and Kim Jung I worry

How so?

We are unwilling to accept differences and prefer instead to pound our heads against walls trying to make people see our way that never will, and, further more, that maybe shouldn't. It's good for people to be different.

We should be focusing on how we can live together and LEARN when it's just time to let go is bickering. Because most of it is just that. Bickering and noise.
That's what our constitution is for. However the left doesn't respect the constitution. As such they only seek to further their agenda without regard to the opinions and desires of their fellow Americans.

I do too honestly
Then again, look how long it took us just to get here. It will take us a while to get to there
look how long it took us just to get here.
What? What are you trying to say?

It took the entirety of "citified" human existence "to get here." It's not as though we were "here"/civilized, some calamity (acute or chronic) happened and then we had to get back to "here." Humans are now the exact same humans, Homo sapiens sapiens (as contrasted with Homo sapiens idaltu and other subspecies), that humans have been for as long as we know of there having been civilized humans. Your comment reads like a subtle foreshadowing of "ancient astronaut/aliens" lines of discussion.
I am trying to say we are getting smarter. It really wasnt that complicated.

I do too honestly
Then again, look how long it took us just to get here. It will take us a while to get to there

It took the entirety of "citified" human existence "to get here." It's not as though we were "here"/civilized, some calamity (acute or chronic) happened and then we had to get back to "here." Humans are now the exact same humans, Homo sapiens sapiens (as contrasted with Homo sapiens idaltu and other subspecies), that humans have been for as long as we know of there having been civilized humans. Your comment reads like a subtle foreshadowing of "ancient astronaut/aliens" lines of discussion.
But there is no evidence to support that. We have however compiled a lot more knowledge over time, by which to apply that intelligence.

I do too honestly

But there is no evidence to support that. We have however compiled a lot more knowledge over time, by which to apply that intelligence.
IQ tests are gradually on the rise. We are so smart, we have basically subcontracted machines to do our work.
Doesnt the compilation of knowledge basically mean we are getting smarter?

I do too honestly

IQ tests are gradually on the rise. We are so smart, we have basically subcontracted machines to do our work.
No.

I do too honestly

No.
ok

If we are meant to be "warriors" by nature, the only true winners will be shown by brute strength, because, opinions vary and even views of reality vary.

It's because we're programmed for survival, not for morality.
Unfortunately.

There were certainly no winners in WW2, everyone seemed to suffer involved.

Furthermore, and untold number of geniuses were probably killed in WW2.
Another Einstein, or Edison may have been killed, and this might have regressed Humanity's production / intellect.

Yes, WW2 bought about tolerance of biblical proportions, one which will lead to the most productive race, (Whites) to eventually be replaced.

I do too honestly

Huge difference between intelligence and wisdom

How so?

That's what our constitution is for. However the left doesn't respect the constitution. As such they only seek to further their agenda without regard to the opinions and desires of their fellow Americans.
Over generalizing and stereotyping is counterproductive and also way over simplifying

It's because we're programmed for survival, not for morality.
Unfortunately.

There were certainly no winners in WW2, everyone seemed to suffer involved.

Furthermore, and untold number of geniuses were probably killed in WW2.
Another Einstein, or Edison may have been killed, and this might have regressed Humanity's production / intellect.

Yes, WW2 bought about tolerance of biblical proportions, one which will lead to the most productive race, (Whites) to eventually be replaced.
In nature the Apex creatures are seldom the most numerous.

How so?

Over generalizing and stereotyping is counterproductive and also way over simplifying
That is a reason stereotypes come to be. And some are overcomplicating a simple issue in order to obfuscate a rather clear issue, to their political advantage.

I don't. Humans have abilities beyond what instincts provide. I see no reason to throw in the towel and declare civilization a failure just because some people do stupid things.
Yeah but when those some people are Trump and Kim Jung I worry
I don't know. Seems to me Jung is stupid to threaten a country that can wipe him out. The difference between Trump and Obama and Bill Clinton in dealing with NK is that Trump acted from strength- he said, you toss that bomb you will be dealt with in kind. Jung backed down. Obama and Clinton acted from weakness- they basically said, oh please don't hurt us, Kim! Here's some money! You like us now, right?

Which is stupid in your worry? Acting from strength? Acting from weakness? Other?

Forum List

Back