Circumstance

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I recall a few years back reading about a fire fighter who got hurt on the job and filed for disability. Gotta be exactly what that insurance is for, right? Well, by and by someone spotted a photo in the local paper of this disabled man winning a body building competition. Not good. I don't think anyone would support such open fraud. However, if someone is legitimately disabled by an accident on the job I don't begrudge them full disability coverage. Get all the fraud out of the system and there would be enough to support the legitimately hurt with lots to spare.

Do y'all consider applications for asylum in the same manner?

I'm ropin' a log cabin for a 9/11 FF this month Unkotare. He survived it, but got the lung thing ,and was summarily retired to disability. For all outward apperances, he's a bull, can't keep up w/him most days.

But, he's going to DIE of it before his time, AND he knows it, so he's building his fam's future

Moral? Not all is what it appears to be

~S~

I'm ropin' a log cabin for a 9/11 FF this month Unkotare. He survived it, but got the lung thing ,and was summarily retired to disability. For all outward apperances, he's a bull, can't keep up w/him most days.

But, he's going to DIE of it before his time, AND he knows it, so he's building his fam's future

~S~

I can't imagine any good American begrudging that man whatever assistance he needs. If our taxes are going to go for anything, it should be for people like him.

~S~

I can't imagine any good American begrudging that man whatever assistance he needs. If our taxes are going to go for anything, it should be for people like him.

Disability comes with periodic reevaluation of the recipient's condition, unless his condition is known to be long term or probably fatal. Lots of people don't seem to know that.

I recall a few years back reading about a fire fighter who got hurt on the job and filed for disability. Gotta be exactly what that insurance is for, right? Well, by and by someone spotted a photo in the local paper of this disabled man winning a body building competition. Not good. I don't think anyone would support such open fraud. However, if someone is legitimately disabled by an accident on the job I don't begrudge them full disability coverage. Get all the fraud out of the system and there would be enough to support the legitimately hurt with lots to spare.

I could have, except my generosity was exhausted long ago, by decades of massive Third World immigration.

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed, would solve this issue for the several States.

I could have, except my generosity was exhausted long ago, by decades of massive Third World immigration.

So, you would reject any and all petitions for asylum? No matter the circumstances?

So, you would reject any and all petitions for asylum? No matter the circumstances?

I'm sure there is a sob story or two that would move me.

On the other hand, ask me again once the number of illegals drop by a couple of million and legal immigration is cut down to something reasonable, like 5 figures.

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed, would solve this issue for the several States.

Go take your meds, Rain Man. We don't need your spam here.

Go take your meds, Rain Man. We don't need your spam here.
What spam? No right wing propaganda you can't defend, here.

This might be of interest to some here>
http://apps.npr.org/unfit-for-work/

~S~

"But after I got interested in disability, I followed up with some of the guys to see what happened to them after the mill closed. One of them, Scott Birdsall, went to lots of meetings where he learned about retraining programs and educational opportunities. At one meeting, he says, a staff member pulled him aside.

"Scotty, I'm gonna be honest with you," the guy told him. "There's nobody gonna hire you … We're just hiding you guys." The staff member's advice to Scott was blunt: "Just suck all the benefits you can out of the system until everything is gone, and then you're on your own." "

I've noted that "retraining" is bullshit, a couple of times on this site. People re-acted like I pissed on the Virgin Mary.

I'm in agreement with all of you (time to buy a lotto ticket?) , and so it would seem that grey area betwixt a handout and hand up that is the focus

Wha does the crew think?

How is that done?

Is Dean Wormer available?

~S~

Last edited:
So, would y’a be amenable to a legitimate petition for asylum?

Years ago (around ‘98 or so) I worked with a student from Iran who was in the US under asylum. If he were returned to his country of origin he was to be beheaded, on the tarmac as soon as he disembarked.

Would you send him back?

Would you send him back?

No Unkotare , on one hand it would be heartless , on the other hand, they all have a story.

But here's a suggestion , with some historical roots i'm sure you're up on more than I, why not let these young able bodied men earn their citizenship ....

Methinks you know where i'm going w/that

~S~

Forum List

Back