CIA Chief observed torture of Saudi detainee 'raped' by US interrogators

I'm telling you the source is very questionable. I know they used water boarding to get info.....That is known.......The rest who knows......

iu

I'm against torture. But not against shooting that POS in the head.
Or watching his flying abilities when tossed out the door of a helicopter.

LOL

Thought you were referring to the brig on the ship........lmao

Very seldom people end up there.........but bread and water is served on a ships brig.
oh? really? I was at a base---with a hospital----
I did not see bread-----lots of chicken and
dumplings EVERY DAY-----and beer in the coke machines. There was a "brig" for the bad boys
who somehow got AMNESIA and forgot to return
to work

He didn't feel that it was helpful that is why he called it rape.
"I didn't feel it was helpful" and "it was rape," seem like two very different statements.

So, you answer is yes, you would watch him starve rather than provide the supplements? Have you read accounts of the deaths of Bobby Sands and other confined people who chose to starve themselves as a protest? Not pretty.

That article has little relationship to its sensationalized headline about "rape." "Rape" was how the terrorist's defense attorney described the terrorist being prevented from attempting to starve himself. It's unfortunate that you signed off on that phony headline by using it as your own subject line.

Were the CIA officers over-zealous at times in trying to prevent the next terrorist sneak attack from being nuclear? No doubt they erred on the side of protecting the American people instead of the side of avoiding traumatizing a terrorist.

Haspel was confirmed by the people's elected representatives to be head of the CIA after she participated in that to whatever degree that she did.
Just one small correction..... Haspel was confirmed by the Senate, who represent State government and not the House, which represents we, the people.

oh? really? I was at a base---with a hospital----
I did not see bread-----lots of chicken and
dumplings EVERY DAY-----and beer in the coke machines. There was a "brig" for the bad boys
who somehow got AMNESIA and forgot to return
to work
Were you ever on a ship.........that is where they got the bread and water...............
Only in extreme cases.............like gang bangers who some how made it to the fleet.

Did Shore Patrol while at school in Great Mistakes...........We were warned about Crips and Bloods on base..........Told to deal with them when wearing their bandanna's...........

Sure enough we went to the base gedunk.......think that is what we called it.........and low and behold wearing red bandana's.........All but one took them off when we told them. He was the ring leader........Almost had to fillet his ass ........would have taken his butt to the brig but didn't want to do the dang paperwork.

Anyway...............HE COMPLIED............

"I didn't feel it was helpful" and "it was rape," seem like two very different statements.

So, you answer is yes, you would watch him starve rather than provide the supplements? Have you read accounts of the deaths of Bobby Sands and other confined people who chose to starve themselves as a protest? Not pretty.

I have read about that. What kind of psychological torture would be inflicted on someone that came from a society that viewed homosexuality in the same way as Saudi Arabia?

Just one small correction..... Haspel was confirmed by the Senate, who represent State government and not the House, which represents we, the people.
Yes, and the states were right to do so. What a fine example of a strong woman - a warrior queen who never asked for the limelight, but quietly served her country.

I have read about that. What kind of psychological torture would be inflicted on someone that came from a society that viewed homosexuality in the same way as Saudi Arabia?

Listed under physical, al Qaeda's leaders told members they may experience blindfolding, hanging by the hands or feet, forcing individuals to stand naked for long periods; pouring cold water over one's head; pulling out nails and hair; forcing consumption of watery foods, then constricting the genitals; and drugging.

Psychological tortures included social isolation; threatening to find and rape female relatives, or even the detainee himself; threatening permanent physical injury; controlling all of the individual's singular actions; and removal of individual identity to the point of forbidding calling one by name.

The writer of the handbook emphasizes that the methods described comes from actual accounts of experiences of al Qaeda members imprisoned throughout the Middle East.

"Let no one think that the aforementioned techniques are fabrications of our imagination, or that we copied them from spy stories," the manual says. "On the contrary, these are factual incidents in the prisons of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and all other Arab countries."

Don't get ceptured.........you are better off dead.

Listed under physical, al Qaeda's leaders told members they may experience blindfolding, hanging by the hands or feet, forcing individuals to stand naked for long periods; pouring cold water over one's head; pulling out nails and hair; forcing consumption of watery foods, then constricting the genitals; and drugging.

Psychological tortures included social isolation; threatening to find and rape female relatives, or even the detainee himself; threatening permanent physical injury; controlling all of the individual's singular actions; and removal of individual identity to the point of forbidding calling one by name.

The writer of the handbook emphasizes that the methods described comes from actual accounts of experiences of al Qaeda members imprisoned throughout the Middle East.

"Let no one think that the aforementioned techniques are fabrications of our imagination, or that we copied them from spy stories," the manual says. "On the contrary, these are factual incidents in the prisons of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and all other Arab countries."

Don't get ceptured.........you are better off dead.
What is this for, again? Is this some kind of good for the goose/good for the gander thing?

It's not weak at all. These methods are considered torture. These people knew in advance that torture leads to false confessions. You know that. You just don't like it. That is very different.

"False confessions" is senseless. The point is to get information about your enemies and what they are doing.

Yes, and the states were right to do so. What a fine example of a strong woman - a warrior queen who never asked for the limelight, but quietly served her country.
At the time, I'm certain she was compelled to think it was the right thing to do....being so near to the 9/11 wake up call.....?

I would need to inform myself more before judging her, one way or the other!

What is this for, again? Is this some kind of good for the goose/good for the gander thing?
You asked for examples of possible countries methods............That is what they one you are concerned for would do to you if he captured you.

As I've already said........SERE training does this to our own military. It's training for torture is captured......Hardly what ISIS would do to you........Your better off dead than get captured by them.

You asked for examples of possible countries methods............That is what they one you are concerned for would do to you if he captured you.

As I've already said........SERE training does this to our own military. It's training for torture is captured......Hardly what ISIS would do to you........Your better off dead than get captured by them.
No, I didn't.

I was exactly right. This is about a tit for tat thing. Look, at no point will you ever find any thread or statement made by me in support of ISIS. In fact, I have been a proponent of burning the terrorist organizations to the ground. Everywhere. That is not the point. Being on some type of equal playing field is not the goal and should not be. You don't have to convince me that the other guys suck. I know. That's not the point here though.

The point is that these individuals knew that torture leads to false confessions. This is not hidden information. Thousands of years and the results are the same.

"False confessions" is senseless. The point is to get information about your enemies and what they are doing.
Under torture almost anyone will confess. The confession will not be accurate. It's considered a false confession. It's pretty simple, Correll.

Under torture almost anyone will confess. The confession will not be accurate. It's considered a false confession. It's pretty simple, Correll.

Any information given by a hostile source, should be checked and verified before anything is done with it.

That's pretty simple.

The pretense that the only possible response is to just accept it without question, and based actions and policies on whatever they say,

is freaking retarded.

Any information given by a hostile source, should be checked and verified before anything is done with it.

That's pretty simple.

The pretense that the only possible response is to just accept it without question, and based actions and policies on whatever they say,

is freaking retarded.
Torture is asstardian.

Oh, so just like that, you're dropping that whole shit talk about "false confessions"?

Wow. That was easy. I guess you knew it was shit from the start.
Not at all. Torture leads to false confessions. Period. There is no way around that.

Forum List

Back