Christopher Wray & Arthur Andersen

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
James Comey was tons of fun while he lasted. It remains to be seen if the new guy will be equally entertaining:

Wray was nominated as assistant attorney general in charge of the DOJ's criminal division in 2003 and served in that role until 2005. After he left the Justice Department, Wray returned to private practice, focusing on "white collar and internal investigations," according to his DOJ biography.

During his time at DOJ, Wray became known for overseeing the Enron prosecution task force and playing a major role in the department's post-9/11 response.​

Trump to nominate Christopher Wray to be FBI director
Published June 07, 2017
Fox News

Trump to nominate Christopher Wray to be FBI director

Question: How close was Wray to Michael Chertoff?

Chartoff was rewarded with the top spot at Homeland Security for torpedoing Arthur Andersen in the Enron fiasco. I seem to recall that A.A. refused a plea bargain so Chertoff did a hatchet job on the accounting firm.

The Supreme Court got one right when it later cleared A.A. of any wrongdoing. The High Court’s decision did nothing to damage Chertoff’s reputation as a prosecutor. So how come Chertoff and Wray were not shown the door after the Supreme Court overturned the A.A. conviction? Arthur Andersen went down the tubes while Chertoff went on to better things. Wray is moving on up to FBI Director.

Frankly, why would Trump put stock in anything Wray says?

Oh well, we have to wait for Wray’s confirmation hearing to find out if he is asked about his involvement in sinking Arthur Andersen?

Wray is a good pick who will not put up with Trump nonsense.

Last edited:
I know Arthur Andersen went bankrupt back in 2002. They were indicted in the Enron trial. The technology company won it, and that shuts down the accounting firm fifteen years ago until it returns.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back