Christie vs Clinton

By far the best candidate of available to the country would be Condoleeza Rice. Her command of history and geopolitics is outstanding. Her present job is professor of political economy at Stanford University. Just what candidate has the qualifications and the resume she has? I have listened to her talk and she is unquestionably the best speaker and outclasses any candidate either party could put up.

Person? Perhaps
Candidate? No. Politics is a profession and she is an amateur. A VP slot with condensed campaigning in targeted states is the best she could do.

I disagree with you, candycorn:

though I am a Democrat, I think that Condi Rice, were she to be nominated, would be a FORMIDABLE candidate. But I just don't see how she could even get nominated in a party so full of misogyny and racism. Ain't gonna happen.

I'm independent and I think Condi Rice is the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to current and/or ex public servants.

Ross Perot had created jobs, ran huge industries, was uber-well funded and layed a giant turd on the national stage.

It's sad watching politics do what it does to people who command respect and have conquered so many other arenas.

Think of Donald Trump and what he has become due to his getting involved in politics.

Why even bother? They are both mirror candidates of 08.

Democrats are always whining we need to put up moderates. Why the hell don't they? Kerry, Gore, Kusinich, Clinton, Obama... moderates my ass

Seeing that the Democrats keep putting up centrist to just a bit right of center Presidential candidates, I've considered them moderates.

By far the best candidate of available to the country would be Condoleeza Rice. Her command of history and geopolitics is outstanding. Her present job is professor of political economy at Stanford University. Just what candidate has the qualifications and the resume she has? I have listened to her talk and she is unquestionably the best speaker and outclasses any candidate either party could put up.

Person? Perhaps
Candidate? No. Politics is a profession and she is an amateur. A VP slot with condensed campaigning in targeted states is the best she could do.

though I am a Democrat, I think that Condi Rice, were she to be nominated, would be a FORMIDABLE candidate. But I just don't see how she could even get nominated in a party so full of misogyny and racism. Ain't gonna happen.

I'm not so sure about that. Didn't Cain do quite well until his Unfortunate Incident(s)?

Person? Perhaps

I'm not so sure about that. Didn't Cain do quite well until his Unfortunate Incident(s)?

As I recall, he won zero primaries, zero caucuses, and 3 straw polls. That is "quite well"?

As I recall, he won zero primaries, zero caucuses, and 3 straw polls. That is "quite well"?

Well, that's not how I recall it, but I don't have specifics to prove any allegations.

Per Wiki;

2012 presidential campaign[edit]
Main article: Herman Cain presidential campaign, 2012

Cain speaking at the Ames Straw Poll in August 2011.
In 2010, "Cain addressed more than 40 Tea Party rallies, hit all the early presidential states, and became a YouTube sensation."[8] On September 24, 2010, Cain announced that he was considering a run for president in 2012 on the Republican Party ticket.[62] In December, Cain was the "surprise choice" for 2012 GOP nominee in a RedState.com reader poll.[8] Cain announced the formation of a presidential exploratory committee on January 12, 2011,[63][64] and officially announced his candidacy on May 21 in Atlanta.[65]
Straw poll victories[edit]
A popular speaker, Cain's addresses to conservative groups were well received,[66][67] and in late September and early October 2011, Cain won the straw polls of the Florida Republican Party, TeaCon, and the National Federation of Republican Women's Convention.[68][69] "My focus groups have consistently picked Herman Cain as the most likeable candidate in the debates," says GOP pollster Frank Luntz. "Don't underestimate the power of likability, even in a Republican primary. The more likeable the candidate, the greater the electoral potential."[68][70]

Herman Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh. I do believe I just said the same thing you said.

/blush

Last edited:

Well, that's not how I recall it, but I don't have specifics to prove any allegations.

Not only did he win only those 3 straw polls, at no point did he control the narrative outside of 9-9-9 which was lampooned.

That is correct. But Cain led in composite polling for the GOP nomination for 8 days.

That is correct. But Cain led in composite polling for the GOP nomination for 8 days.

8 whole days. Obviously nobody wants to stand in the way of that runaway train in 2016.:lol:

Well, not long afterward, he got Bachmannified, and then she got Santorumized, and then they all got a squirt of "eye of Newt" and then it was Revenge of the Santorums, Part I, and then....

Forum List

Back