China Issues Australia Travel Warning as Relationship Sours

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
China has issued an alert, warning its citizens not to travel to Australia in the latest sign of deteriorating relations.

The Chinese Ministry of Culture and Tourism published a statement on its website on Friday night saying that discrimination and violent behavior against Chinese and Asians are on the rise due to the Covid-19 epidemic. The ministry told Chinese tourists to be on alert for their safety and not travel to Australia.

The warning from Australia’s largest trading partner follows the imposition of tariffs on barley shipments after Prime Minister Scott Morrison led calls for an independent probe into the origins of the coronavirus in Wuhan. Australia is the most China-reliant economy in the developed world, leaving it vulnerable to diplomatic blowback.

No country should be that reliant on another country.

China has issued an alert, warning its citizens not to travel to Australia in the latest sign of deteriorating relations.

The Chinese Ministry of Culture and Tourism published a statement on its website on Friday night saying that discrimination and violent behavior against Chinese and Asians are on the rise due to the Covid-19 epidemic. The ministry told Chinese tourists to be on alert for their safety and not travel to Australia.

The warning from Australia’s largest trading partner follows the imposition of tariffs on barley shipments after Prime Minister Scott Morrison led calls for an independent probe into the origins of the coronavirus in Wuhan. Australia is the most China-reliant economy in the developed world, leaving it vulnerable to diplomatic blowback.

This represents an opportunity for America and others. I agree with Trump that Australia and Japan should be in a new "G9" or whatever. I'm not so sure about S Korea and Russia...

Australia is reliant on China for one major import ... students. There are nearly a million foreign students (mostly Chinese) in Australian schools ... all paying FULL tuition so that Australian citizens pay a fraction of full tuition.

Being dependent on China is bad news..............and China is flexing it's muscles on this one...........

No doubt ..........if China stays on the path they are on........gov't.......we will throw down with them one day.....

Best to break it now and stop being dependent on them...........Flip them off and say OH WELL........

This represents an opportunity for America and others. I agree with Trump that Australia and Japan should be in a new "G9" or whatever. I'm not so sure about S Korea and Russia...
Well I am sure of both Russia and South Korea, I want them both as allies, its time to bury the hatchet and make friends with Russia, they are a natural enemy of China and despite all of the posturing to the contrary they do not trust China in the least bit, Russia could be, indeed should be a valuable ally of the United States.....

Forum List

Back