China expected to unveil 7% hike in military budget as tensions rise

... since the threats to our border is nonexistent, while we generally ignore the porous immigration borders where drugs and criminals flow through a lot, bringing in internal rot in the American heartland with crime, disease and drug abuse.
The irony of that, is that there has been a bigger threat from internal terrorism, than from foreign terrorism. The body count from white supremacists far outnumbers that from al-queda / ISIS.

Sound like you are on drugs......

:rolleyes:

It isn't that simple, since America spreads its military all over the world acting like a policeman or to fight terrorism, while China's military is for China only that much more concentrated in the China's region.

The purpose of the US Military is to project power around the globe.

The purpose of the Chinese Military is to keep control over 1.5 billion people

It depends on the war

Armchair generals are notoriously bad at predicting the future and I am no exception

but looking at history when two forces are about equal even the winner suffers horrible casualities

I dont want to merely defeat the chinese

I want our soldiers to slaughter them on par with what happened in Korea

and if we can do that chances are 99-1 that there will be no war

In 1957, before China had nuclear weapons, its leader, Chairman Mao, said the following horrifying quote about nuclear war:

"I'm not afraid of nuclear war. There are 2.7 billion people in the world; it doesn’t matter if some are killed. China has a population of 600 million; even if half of them are killed, there are still 300 million people left. I'm not afraid of anyone."

It isn't that simple, since America spreads its military all over the world acting like a policeman or to fight terrorism, while China's military is for China only that much more concentrated in the China's region.
I understand what you are saying and completely agree

Let them jack up their military spending more and more. Has everyone already forgotten how the Soviet Union ended?
Dont compare the economically lethargic soviet union with communist china

moscow could barely walk and chew gum at the same time

I have far more respect for the chinese

Communism always fails eventually.

The FY2020 measure provides $622.6 billion in base Department of Defense funding and $70.6 billion in OCO funding. The bill also includes $1.8 billion in emergency funding.
I would spend even more than that to make sure that American soldiers have the best weapons and the best chance to win with the best chance to return home alive
I would spend even more than that to make sure that American soldiers have the best weapons and the best chance to win with the best chance to return home alive
America spends $622 billion
China spends $178 billion.

And you're worried America is being outspent?

Yes, but the costs to the Chinese for their labour and research (when thy aren't stealing) is FAR lower than the U.S costs. So, there are some that argue that Chinas spending is at least par with the U.S, many say it is HIGHER on a price adjusted measure. $200B U.S goes a hell of a lot further in communist controlled China than it does in America.
Yes it does if you want the cheap weapons but it doesn't by the high grade stuff nor do they maintain thousands of nukes.

There is some truth to this. Which is why America needs to remain the leader in this arena.

It's sort of akin to the German engineering reputation for cars and industrial engines. People pay a premium for quality and workmanship. China must be denounced for shoddy products. Britain is now banning some products due to the slave labour in China. We should all be doing similar.

There is some truth to this. Which is why America needs to remain the leader in this arena.

It's sort of akin to the German engineering reputation for cars and industrial engines. People pay a premium for quality and workmanship. China must be denounced for shoddy products. Britain is now banning some products due to the slave labour in China. We should all be doing similar.
If America ever expects to take on China, the first thing they have to do, is to remove any strategic dependence on China. To require any necessities we get from China, from sneakers to iPhones, be made in America, from non-chinese parts.

It depends on the war

Armchair generals are notoriously bad at predicting the future and I am no exception

but looking at history when two forces are about equal even the winner suffers horrible casualities

I dont want to merely defeat the chinese

I want our soldiers to slaughter them on par with what happened in Korea

and if we can do that chances are 99-1 that there will be no war

In 1957, before China had nuclear weapons, its leader, Chairman Mao, said the following horrifying quote about nuclear war:

"I'm not afraid of nuclear war. There are 2.7 billion people in the world; it doesn’t matter if some are killed. China has a population of 600 million; even if half of them are killed, there are still 300 million people left. I'm not afraid of anyone."

This is the underlying sentiment the entire communist party has, which is why the whole "we can change them if they enter the WTO" is absurd.

The West thought "we will reel them in and then control them through the economy", the Communists knew "we will let them think they are reeling us in, and then WE will control THEM through their greed and naive population"

The numbers killed by white supremacists is staggering.
I would like to see those numbers

hopefully you are confining yourself to the 21st Century and not counting all the black people who were fed to the sharks on the voyage from africa

If America ever expects to take on China, the first thing they have to do, is to remove any strategic dependence on China. To require any necessities we get from China, from sneakers to iPhones, be made in America, from non-chinese parts.

Myopic.

The irony of that, is that there has been a bigger threat from internal terrorism, than from foreign terrorism. The body count from white supremacists far outnumbers that from al-queda / ISIS.
Sound like you are on drugs......

:rolleyes:
Read a history book.
The numbers killed by white supremacists is staggering.
And that number continues to this day.

I have posted a lot of evidence in the past that it was the democrats KKK who historically killed blacks, mostly in the southern states.

Blacks now kill blacks at a far greater rate than whites killing blacks, this according to the FBI crime stats and this has been this way for many years too.

Your ignorance is preventable, yet you persist in it.

Rotten foundations will bring a house down eventually.
China can be contained

but dont expect them to implode

the CCP is firmly in control

They can be taken down, but only through economic means. If their citizens feel they are losing their wealth while the Communist Party live high off the hog, there will be consequences for the Commies.

It may not be outright overthrow, but it will come at a cost to them. Loosening or strict laws, the social credit system etc. The West will be far more able to recruit foreign spies there.

The world should use this two prong approach: work to collapse their economy while promoting Taiwan as an independent nation, and show the mainland citizens how good they have it.

The problem is, China is pushing further trade with other nations. So America HAS to lead, and even punish, those who deal in certain trade with China. It's all on America to use her influence now, not later. With some passion and lack of apology.

Forum List

Back