Children left in hot car Die while Mother works a double

Yeah, more laws... That's what we need.

More warning labels, like on pails of water, that may cause drowning. Or not to use the weed wacker to remove hair on head or any other part of body. :eusa_dance:

Parents who let this sort of thing happen should be sterilized and given 3 years in prison for every year (or portion of) that the child was living.

I think the mother should sue the car maker, there should be a WARNING STICKER: LEAVING CHILDREN, ANIMALS, INFANTS, TODDLERS, PUPPIES, CALVES, PONIES, KITTENS, ETC., IN THIS CAR UNINTENDED AS IT MAY BE HARMFUL OR CAUSE DEATH.

Since there was no obvious warning, owner's manual is just NOT enough, she really should call John Edwards, pronto!

Not only for that, I hear he has a talent for channeling dead kids.

In countries like Sweden, Norway, and Denmark they don't even bother to debate whether they should have universal, subsidized day care for everyone - rich and poor. Its not even an issue. Its just an integral part of their nation's child policies. The only debate they have, is how to make it better.

They don't have blacks in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. We do. Our situation is different. Where was the "daddy"? Same place every other black "daddy" is: nowhere to be found. I bet the "daddy" of those kids never does find out what happened to them, or care. If we nationalized daycare in the U.S., it would be white taxpayers funding the care of millions of black children that aren't cared for by their parents.

They don't have blacks in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. We do. Our situation is different. Where was the "daddy"? Same place every other black "daddy" is: nowhere to be found. I bet the "daddy" of those kids never does find out what happened to them, or care. If we nationalized daycare in the U.S., it would be white taxpayers funding the care of millions of black children that aren't cared for by their parents.

Ahhhh...The ambulatory dungheap graces us with his wisdom on all things racial. It has do do with economics...Race is just an easy way for assholes like you to rationalize why things happen as they do.

Racism is rooted in fear, old son...Fear of anything different...fear of your own inadequacies...inadequacies which are plainly revealed every time you expound on the inadequacies of other races. So why don't you move back home with mommy, live in the basement and watch your worn out VHS tapes of 1970's blacksploitation films.

I live in Sweden, there are blacks here. There are lots of other races here too that you also probably dont like.

Subsidized day care is working well and its available TO EVERYONE, the rich and poor alike. The ONLY difference is that you pay somewhere between 0 and $50 per month, but no one pays over that amount per MONTH.

I do pay higher taxes but I also have some expenses eliminated because they are handled by tax revenue. I actually live a HIGHER standard of living on what equates to less pay than I got when I was working in the US. I I get much more for my tax money here.

The biggest problem in the US is that we dont get what we should for our tax money and instead its squandered by a corrupt govt who have allowed special interests and corps (as well as themselves) to use the US tax money as their personal cash cow. I believe that US taxes could be lowered and we could PROVIDE more for the citizens. We would just have to rid ourselves of the corrupt govt and both corrupt political parties that rule our system as if they are royalty.

If you think about it, its amazing those little kids lived as long as they did.:shock:

Just another argument for the licensing of parents.:eusa_hand:

What a terrible memory for the lady to live with, she is certainly no mother.:eusa_naughty:

I live in Sweden, there are blacks here. There are lots of other races here too that you also probably dont like.

Subsidized day care is working well and its available TO EVERYONE, the rich and poor alike. The ONLY difference is that you pay somewhere between 0 and $50 per month, but no one pays over that amount per MONTH.

I do pay higher taxes but I also have some expenses eliminated because they are handled by tax revenue. I actually live a HIGHER standard of living on what equates to less pay than I got when I was working in the US. I I get much more for my tax money here.

The biggest problem in the US is that we dont get what we should for our tax money and instead its squandered by a corrupt govt who have allowed special interests and corps (as well as themselves) to use the US tax money as their personal cash cow. I believe that US taxes could be lowered and we could PROVIDE more for the citizens. We would just have to rid ourselves of the corrupt govt and both corrupt political parties that rule our system as if they are royalty.

That works great on a small model like your country. The US has to live by state laws a well. I could see this working through a state ran program but not on the federal level. In fact several of our states do have subsidized child care. Oregon has a program for those that fit the income guide line. Most families pay about 25 cents an hour out of pocket.

ITA with you on the state of our elected officials.

That works great on a small model like your country. The US has to live by state laws a well. I could see this working through a state ran program but not on the federal level. In fact several of our states do have subsidized child care. Oregon has a program for those that fit the income guide line. Most families pay about 25 cents an hour out of pocket.

ITA with you on the state of our elected officials.

The actual programs (even here) are micro-managed down to community level and community size are about the size of your average suburb.

So yes in the US it could be managed the same way...each community broken into a unit that gets it funds from state who in turn gets from Federal (since each community may have different needs and wants). Its already done that way in many respects, but somthing like this should be somthing all citizens are entitled to in all states and the way the programs are dispersed are handled at a more local level, its just money that comes from a federal level.

You just need systems that directly link and not bog it all down with redundant red tape that I think is done PURPOSELY in the US to facilitate confusion, poor accountablity etc. The streamlined communication from federal funding to local is all thats really needed to do it well.

I think the idea that such things are "impossible" are ideas that we have been sold for decades now and most people really do believe. Some entities stand to lose a whole lot of money if we stop believing that.

Editing to add one thing, programs that give day care as more of a welfare program isnt really what I am talking about. I am talking about subsidized day care for all, income would have nothing to do with it at all. The two arent really comparable, I think when we relegate a service to just "poor people" it tends to be sub-standard instead of creating a situation where its available to ALL. When you make things available to ALL, people all the sudden make sure those programs are good since they will also be using them and not just the "poor people".

And the over site. Do the parents have control over how it's run? I can't hand my kids over to just anyone. Only one of our public education programs I support. And that's because they give power to the parents. I'm on our local Head Start Policy Council. We over see and approve everything from budget to who we hire and fire. Ir puts control where it belongs.

And the over site. Do the parents have control over how it's run? I can't hand my kids over to just anyone. Only one of our public education programs I support. And that's because they give power to the parents. I'm on our local Head Start Policy Council. We over see and approve everything from budget to who we hire and fire. Ir puts control where it belongs.

Yep its great, its all managed at the local level. The schools are managed the same way and many schools are privately owned and run, I had numerous choices for my sons school. We dont have to stay within our community either if we dont want...if you really like a day care outside your community then you can take your child there and attend their community meetings etc.

All daycares are paid per child by the national govt. so there isnt any squabble over the money. Of course there are national guidelines that must be followed (health standards, cleanliness, making sure there are enough adults per child etc).

Its EASIER to run it locally and fund it nationally and its better for the reasons you state. When the parents and local communities are in charge of their schools, their day cares, their health care you find those are all run much better and serve the needs much better. Many other things are run this way as well.

That's what I'm finding with Head Start. We look at more than just the education of the child. We look at the home too. Is it stable, are there major needs, etc etc. They do home visits many times a year to work on anything from the paper work (major pain in the ass) to making home made play dough. We check that they are going to the Dr and dentist. We help parents with achieving their goals as well. It's very comprehensive.

Our k-12 run nothing like that though. It's eliminating the parent where ever possable. Well, other than fundraising.

That's what I'm finding with Head Start. We look at more than just the education of the child. We look at the home too. Is it stable, are there major needs, etc etc. They do home visits many times a year to work on anything from the paper work (major pain in the ass) to making home made play dough. We check that they are going to the Dr and dentist. We help parents with achieving their goals as well. It's very comprehensive.

Our k-12 run nothing like that though. It's eliminating the parent where ever possable. Well, other than fundraising.

Headstart is a great program too. Hopefully changes can be made and we could extend the involvement in the american schools too, cutting out the parents only makes the schools job HARDER anyway!

What happened to those poor children breaks my heart and certainly subsidized day care wont eliminate all those cases and fix all our woes BUT you would see a drastic reduction. You would see parents who dont lose jobs over day care problems, you see less stressed parents, less abusive day care situations etc.

It seems to me that we have a mother here who is not educated well, dosent have a lot of resources, with two kids alone.....it just seems to me that as a society, we can do SOOOO much better than this. Too many people are in really difficult spots and we dont create a helpful society, no supportive mechanisms. We create beggars and strip people of their dignity and then toss them crumbs and punish them with shame and contempt for it.

The whole thing is sickenly sad.

And what of your laws on homeschooling? What if parents don't want to enroll their children? Do you have that control?

By law all children have to go to school til age 16 . I cant be 100% positive though but I have never heard of it of it here at all and since the law states a child must attend school til age 16 I would guess no home-school option.

Had there been affordable daycare available, would this have happened?

What makes you believe that it wasn't? She may have chosen to go with a cheaper choice, even though affordable care was available. The assumption is that the option was totally unavailable, however in most cities that I know of it is an option to most who would need it, but many choose more local known babysitters. She may, because of her own choice, not have had the option because she couldn't have signed her kids up in the time before she had to be at work considering the amount of paperwork it takes to get that done.

It takes an uncanny amount of assumption to just guess that it was totally unavailable and attempt to progress a political agenda of socialized daycare when it may not be necessary to deal with this problem. Only Ds ever seem to want to use a nuclear weapon when a bit of research may reveal their emotive assumptions to be in error and we can find that it will only take a hammer to get the job done.

Forum List

Back