Chevy Camaro GONE in 2024....demise of the internal combustion engine is assured as electric vehicles are the new class of the field

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Tesla Plaid can be adjusted by owner to produce 300 Hp So your children can drive it to 1020 HP So you can burn off 9 second quarter mile passes at over 150 MPH....GREAT TIMES to be a gearhead....now to lower the price with Chevy, Ford, and Dodge competition!!!

'67, '68 and '71 Camaros are the only ones worth a darn anyway.

Putting that aside, the market will decide. It always does.

As it is, only about 3% of the global population are buying these electric cars as daily drivers. They're simply boring.

Last edited:
But EVs don't really need gears in them, do they?

Maybe we will have to change the term now to electric motorhead? :smoke:

Torquehead?

Peak Surge Currenthead?

I was gonna say the same thing but decided on a passing chuckle instead. Heh heh.

The hipsters buying those things as daily drivers probably don't even have a tool.

While they're charging their batteries a, rolling up their pant cuffs and singing kum bah yah, their girl is gonna probably be sitting on top of that exhaust in the other feller's beast with her feet propped up on the dash singing give it to me baby. Bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh....

lol.

The illusion that everyone is gonna own a Tesla is kind of funny to me, though. Americans donlt genenerally have a pot to pee in these days. I think the average American savings are well less than a thousand Federal Reserve Notes. Heck, probably even getting down in the below 500 range at this point.

In reality everything in the daily driver department is gonna be along the lines of an electric Ford Focus looking hoopty. Booooriiiiinng...

Only places you'll really see a lot of Teslas will be on the tracks. That's where the big boys play.

Last edited:
Toyota begs to differ, and rightly so. EVs are a bad idea, where is all the power going to come from to charge these things?

Bad for the environment too as even CNN and the NY Times wrote about a little while ago.
Toyota makes a hydrogen fuel cell car.

Toyota makes a hydrogen fuel cell car.

Another farce. The expense of energy to produce hydrogen is massive.

There are some cases where it might be sensible to use hydrogen as a fuel, as long as you make it by using renewable electricity to split water. What doesn’t make sense is imagining that we will be using hydrogen on a wide scale for transport or heating people’s homes.
The ‘cheap’ way to make hydrogen is from gas. No wonder the oil industry is so enthusiastic about hydrogen. For a while there was a school of thought that electric vehicles were never going to be up to the job and petrol and diesel would need to be replaced with hydrogen. Then people thought we would need hydrogen for just the bigger vehicles.
There are electric buses on the streets of three of our cities and there are hydrogen buses in (surprise, surprise) Aberdeen. There are electric double deckers on the streets of London today, but hydrogen double deckers ordered for Aberdeen may never appear because the bus maker has gone bust. Glasgow has just opted for hydrogen bin lorries but there are already electric bin lorries in London and Sheffield.
Going for hydrogen in a big way would require massive investment in new infrastructure, require carbon capture and storage to become economically viable and always carries with it the risk that hydrogen is much more likely to explode than natural gas. The Government’s advisors say hydrogen could not be in widescale use until some time in the 2030s.

'67, '68 and '71 Camaros are the only ones worth a darn anyway.

Putting that aside, the market will decide. It always does.

As it is, only about 3% of the global population are buying these electric cars as daily drivers.
IDK dude...I owned a 2017 SS...bone stock that was three times the driving machine my '68 SS was.

Sure, it was a classic, and classically cool. but those new ones are...wooo lord!

IDK dude...I owned a 2017 SS...bone stock that was three times the driving machine my '68 SS was.

Sure, it was a classic, and classically cool. but those new ones are...wooo lord!

I'm biased in that I like the classics. I like building them more than driving them, honestly speaking.

I don't even go over the speed limit. Not really. Once in a while, I'll blow it all out on a highway, I'll hit triple digits there, but it's very rare I take it that far. Mostly just like to run the winding up and down back roads. Plus I like cars and coffee meetups and things like that.

I believe you about your '17, though.

And electric cars, remember Biden driving the F-150 lightning, can put todays internal combustion vehicles performance to shame.

I watched a video of a Tesla running in "ludicrous" mode, getting the best of a Lamborghini Aventador.

Calling all these EV's an electric powered car is kind of a misnomer .
They should be called FF cars because most of the energy to power up their batteries comes from Fossil Fuel's such as coal, crude oil. and natural gas. ... :cool:
Unless you live hear Niagara Falls, or Hoover Dam, or near a nuclear power plant, or wind farm.

Calling all these EV's an electric powered car is kind of a misnomer .
They should be called FF cars because most of the energy to power up their batteries comes from Fossil Fuel's such as coal, crude oil. and natural gas. ... :cool:

Wait! What? I thought you just plugged it in and magic happened. Oh my.

And I do believe this is how the EV pushers think, just plug it in and magic happens.

Unless you live hear Niagara Falls, or Hoover Dam, or near a nuclear power plant, or wind farm.
The local communities around Niagara Falls, Hoover Dam, and various nuclear power plants, get less than 50% of their energy from them.
And communities located around wind farms get at best 10% from these loud rotating bird killers. ... :cool:

I'm biased in that I like the classics. I like building them more than driving them, honestly speaking.

I don't even go over the speed limit. Not really. Once in a while, I'll blow it all out on a highway, I'll hit triple digits there, but it's very rare I take it that far. Mostly just like to run the winding up and down back roads. Plus I like cars and coffee meetups and things like that.

I believe you about your '17, though.
That's all good man. I had a '71 Chevelle I attempted to rebuild once. That lasted about 8 months. Sold it and put down on a Mustang GT. I do go over the speed limit...lol!

Toyota begs to differ, and rightly so. EVs are a bad idea, where is all the power going to come from to charge these things?

Bad for the environment too as even CNN and the NY Times wrote about a little while ago.

A lot of these EV promises are just hybrids in practice.

A lot of these EV promises are just hybrids in practice.
Tesla started making Ludicrous Mode a standard feature on their Performance cars. The best recorded times as of 2020 for the Model S Performance are 0-60 mph in 2.4 seconds and 10.6 seconds to the quarter mile. The Model X Performance has been recorded at 2.7 seconds to 60mph and about 11 seconds to the quarter mile.

tesla2.jpg

Forum List

Back