Chauvin's Defence Got It All Wrong

How long, and by what method does a boa constrictor or anaconda carry out the same?
Translation: I can't address that fact presented to me, so I bring up a deflection to something else, hoping you will fall for it.

You got NOTHING!
You need a better translation app, because the answer to my question, refutes your claim.

You are the latest clod ignoring the fact that a true knee on the neck would cause a person to pass out within 20 SECONDS!

The pulmonary expert said that the knee would only cut off one of two arterial pairs.

There are two paired arteries which are responsible for the blood supply to the brain; the vertebral arteries, and the internal carotid arteries. These arteries arise in the neck, and ascend to the cranium.

Once again, the health examiner specifically called this a HOMICIDE. What do you think that word means?

That he was afraid of the mob.

You think homicide means that he was afraid of the mob? Maybe try a dictionary next time.

I think he called it homicide because he was afraid of the mob, silly.

And you base that on nothing. Got it.

So just making excuses

No need to make excuses. At best, the incident had very bad optics. When it happened, I too was horrified and blamed Chauvin. I was outraged. But that was a year ago and I know a lot more now. Unfortunately the community at large isn't interested in facts, they just want cop blood.

BTW, why is it that it takes a YEAR just to unravel the facts of one incident between two people caught on camera, yet a president only get a few weeks to research, put together and petition courts over thousands of events in a dozen cities across multiple state lines?

Still looks terrible to me. :)

Once again, the health examiner specifically called this a HOMICIDE. What do you think that word means?

You think homicide means that he was afraid of the mob? Maybe try a dictionary next time.

Why did the city manager of Brooklyn Center, Minnesota get fired?

Why did the police Chief of Brooklyn Center, Minnesota resign?

BTW, why is it that it takes a YEAR just to unravel the facts of one incident between two people caught on camera, yet a president only get a few weeks to research, put together and petition courts over thousands of events in a dozen cities across multiple state lines?

Trump just needed to prove widespread voter fraud like he claimed. He had the DOJ and the FBI looking, along with 50 US attorneys, and his cadre of lawyers, and political allies, including one offering $1,000,000 cash to people providing proof.

And despite all those resources, federal, state and private, no evidence of significant fraud was found. Not then, and not even now.

I don’t think anyone is qualified to tell a medical examiner that he’s wrong about why someone died.

You’re pushing a conspiracy theory based on nothing other than what you want to be true.

Here’s a thought: how about we just go with the professional input of our medical examiners? :)

The medical examiner was bought and paid for. The defense also had a medical examiner who testified that his report said cause of death was a drug overdose. Also bought and paid for.
The defense experts weren't paid for their testimony?

They were the only one's paid for.
No. There is no altruistic medical examiners testifying for the good of justice. They are all bought and paid for.

I don’t think anyone is qualified to tell a medical examiner that he’s wrong about why someone died.

You’re pushing a conspiracy theory based on nothing other than what you want to be true.

Here’s a thought: how about we just go with the professional input of our medical examiners? :)
Which one?

No. There is no altruistic medical examiners testifying for the good of justice. They are all bought and paid for.
Derek Chauvin trial live: Pulmonologist Dr. Martin Tobin ..

Tobin has been an expert witness in medical malpractice suits, he said, but never in a criminal case. He said he has been in court about 50 times. Tobin said he is not being paid by the prosecution.

Experts in medicine can command thousands of dollars when they testify in American courtrooms, but prosecutors made a point of letting jurors know that Dr. Martin Tobin was not being paid for his appearance Thursday at former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin's murder trial.

Derek Chauvin trial live: Pulmonologist Dr. Martin Tobin ..

Tobin has been an expert witness in medical malpractice suits, he said, but never in a criminal case. He said he has been in court about 50 times. Tobin said he is not being paid by the prosecution.

Experts in medicine can command thousands of dollars when they testify in American courtrooms, but prosecutors made a point of letting jurors know that Dr. Martin Tobin was not being paid for his appearance Thursday at former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin's murder trial.
He's being paid by someone.

And he will be convicted.

But.....

For the wrong reasons.

The entire defense is, I believe the wrong way to go.

There is no way to defend squatting on another human being's neck for over nine minutes after they are subdued, while the public calls out for you to show some basic humanity as the man pleads for his life and calls out to his mother.
Nor does racism explain this, this is not plotted racism, Chauvin is working with two nonwhite officers, he knows he is being recorded by the public with their phones, the public is calling out, openly condemning him as he does this, and yet he just stares out blankly and continues smashing down on Mr. Floyd's neck.

The demented look on Chauvin's face reveals what the real defense and plea should have been.
Diminished mental capacity.

That he was not in his right mind, not in a rational state probably due to the stresses of being a police officer over a long period of time.
Some form of PTSD sending him into a psychotic episode.

That should have been his defense.

That does not mean he walks free, but it might mean the right sentence for what actually happened.

Hey, if you were given a choice, would you choose to get pumped to 11 ng/ML of Fentanyl or have someone pin you to the ground with their knee on your neck for 8 minutes?
Not sure what any drugs he might have taken have to do with anything. Medical experts have already said drugs had no part in his death.
7 ng/ML of Fentanyl can be lethal. He was walking around saying he couldn’t breath before any cop touched him. When you OD on Fentanyl it’s because it restricts your breathing. He died from the drugs. There was no tissue damage from blunt force trauma on his neck.

And all Chauvin needs is reasonable doubt.

The medical examiner and expert medical witness for the Prosecution testified they had signed death certificates for overdose victims at 3ng........
The medical examiner said it was homicide.

The ME doesn't seen to realize that it takes just 10-20 seconds of a full neck compression to shut a person down, yet the trial productid evidence that he was still awake and conscious for about 7 minutes, and photos produced shows Chauvin kneeling onto the shoulders and back of the neck.
Nobody said it was full neck compression. Restricted blood flow takes longer to kill.

Oh dear you didn't keep up with the flow of information in recent months. Restricted blood flow would have caused him to pass out in 10-20 seconds, (this was pointed out in the trial) but he stayed awake for around 7 minutes, you are so far off on this.

Floyd from the moment police arrived at his vehicle was sleeping, difficult to wake him up, then hear him complain his breathing difficulty while still in the vehicle, he complains several more times of breathing difficulty, stumble around, acts like he is not all there, oh and RESISTED the police a lot the time, all signs pointing to drug overdose.

This was long before Chauvin started kneeing him.
Believe what you will. It's obvious you have only heard a small part of the testimony.

:laugh:

You didn't actually contest anything I said, and I have FULL access to the entire trial by videos, mention that the expert on kneeing (under oath) use said a neck compression would have cause the person to pass out in 10-20 seconds

Have you watched MMA matches?

:rolleyes:
You are free to ignore the fact that there wasn't a complete compression on his neck, and that a partial blockage of blood flow can kill, but it takes a little longer.

But.....

For the wrong reasons.

There is no way to defend squatting on another human being's neck for over nine minutes after they are subdued, while the public calls out for you to show some basic humanity as the man pleads for his life and calls out to his mother.
Nor does racism explain this, this is not plotted racism, Chauvin is working with two nonwhite officers, he knows he is being recorded by the public with their phones, the public is calling out, openly condemning him as he does this, and yet he just stares out blankly and continues smashing down on Mr. Floyd's neck.

The demented look on Chauvin's face reveals what the real defense and plea should have been.

That he was not in his right mind, not in a rational state probably due to the stresses of being a police officer over a long period of time.

That does not mean he walks free, but it might mean the right sentence for what actually happened.

Hey, if you were given a choice, would you choose to get pumped to 11 ng/ML of Fentanyl or have someone pin you to the ground with their knee on your neck for 8 minutes?
Not sure what any drugs he might have taken have to do with anything. Medical experts have already said drugs had no part in his death.
7 ng/ML of Fentanyl can be lethal. He was walking around saying he couldn’t breath before any cop touched him. When you OD on Fentanyl it’s because it restricts your breathing. He died from the drugs. There was no tissue damage from blunt force trauma on his neck.

The medical examiner and expert medical witness for the Prosecution testified they had signed death certificates for overdose victims at 3ng........

The ME doesn't seen to realize that it takes just 10-20 seconds of a full neck compression to shut a person down, yet the trial productid evidence that he was still awake and conscious for about 7 minutes, and photos produced shows Chauvin kneeling onto the shoulders and back of the neck.
Nobody said it was full neck compression. Restricted blood flow takes longer to kill.

Oh dear you didn't keep up with the flow of information in recent months. Restricted blood flow would have caused him to pass out in 10-20 seconds, (this was pointed out in the trial) but he stayed awake for around 7 minutes, you are so far off on this.

Floyd from the moment police arrived at his vehicle was sleeping, difficult to wake him up, then hear him complain his breathing difficulty while still in the vehicle, he complains several more times of breathing difficulty, stumble around, acts like he is not all there, oh and RESISTED the police a lot the time, all signs pointing to drug overdose.

Believe what you will. It's obvious you have only heard a small part of the testimony.

You didn't actually contest anything I said, and I have FULL access to the entire trial by videos, mention that the expert on kneeing (under oath) use said a neck compression would have cause the person to pass out in 10-20 seconds

You are free to ignore the fact that there wasn't a complete compression on his neck, and that a partial blockage of blood flow can kill, but it takes a little longer.

There was no blockage you moron......watch the trial.......you idiot.......you don't know what you are talking about.......

Which one?

The ones who conducted the autopsy.

But.....

For the wrong reasons.

To a degree the defense did make that argument. According to the defense, the crowd that surrounded Chauvin was increasingly hostile. This lead Chauvin to get distracted, fear for his own well-being which caused him to use force that he may not have used but for the crowd. In other words, his mental state at the time is at issue. Just arguing diminished capacity would never fly.

I think diminished capacity could have worked.

Chauvin had a previous record of erratic behavior and excessive force, in one case with a pregnant white woman. This reveals his aggression is not racially motivated but rather a psychological issue. It would be very easy to get experts to go frame by frame in that recording and show him disregarding both Lane's questioning the use of force and the publics' increasing pleas, that he seems almost completely disconnected from reality.

A case of a psychotic episode on the video alone can be made, add to that past and growing irrational behavior and I think diminished capacity was the way to go.

Now he will be convicted on all charges, there was no real defense but diminished mental capacity.

A case of a psychotic episode on the video alone can be made, add to that past and growing irrational behavior and I think diminished capacity was the way to go.

Now he will be convicted on all charges, there was no real defense but diminished mental capacity.
Diminished capacity works for the murder charges (2nd and 3rd degree) but not for manslaughter, which doesn't require malice or murderous intent.

609.205 MANSLAUGHTER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.
A person who causes the death of another by any of the following means is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree
(1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another;

But.....

For the wrong reasons.

And you are free to ignore the scientific fact that a miniscule amount of fentanyl can kill a person. And it happens every single day to junkies in that area of Minneapolis. It's a hotspot for fentanyl overdoses.

That's called reasonable doubt.

Fentanyl_Heroin.JPG

The dose makes a thing a poison ~ quoted from Paracelsus

Last edited:

But.....

For the wrong reasons.

To a degree the defense did make that argument. According to the defense, the crowd that surrounded Chauvin was increasingly hostile. This lead Chauvin to get distracted, fear for his own well-being which caused him to use force that he may not have used but for the crowd. In other words, his mental state at the time is at issue. Just arguing diminished capacity would never fly.

Chauvin had a previous record of erratic behavior and excessive force, in one case with a pregnant white woman. This reveals his aggression is not racially motivated but rather a psychological issue. It would be very easy to get experts to go frame by frame in that recording and show him disregarding both Lane's questioning the use of force and the publics' increasing pleas, that he seems almost completely disconnected from reality.

Erratic past behavior? How about George’s many crimes, including assaulting a pregnant woman and holding her at gun point while his homies performed a home invasion. He should had been hanged for that.

But.....

For the wrong reasons.

Erratic past behavior? How about George’s many crimes, including assaulting a pregnant woman and holding her at gun point while his homies performed a home invasion. He should had been hanged for that.

Floyds past crimes cannot speak to the issue of excessive, deadly force being used.

We are talking about law, not personal emotions or political diatribes.

The conviction is certain and when it comes down reflect on what would have been a much better defense, indeed probably the only real honest one.

Chauvin was not in a rational state of mind.

But.....

For the wrong reasons.

And you are free to ignore the scientific fact that a miniscule amount of fentanyl can kill a person. And it happens every single day to junkies in that area of Minneapolis. It's a hotspot for fentanyl overdoses.

That's called reasonable doubt.

Fentanyl_Heroin.JPG

The dose makes a thing a poison ~ quoted from Paracelsus

Even if the preponderance of the medical testimony did not say the force used killed Floyd, and it did, whatever drugs Floyd had in his system does not jusify the murderous use of force, which reveals an irrational mind.

When the conviction is handed down, on all counts, remember your own esoteric ideas of what killed Floyd despite the preponderance of medical testimony is not a good legal defense.

What is is what happened.

Forum List

Back