Changes Musk has made to Twitter

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

This was interesting. The only problem is I don't understand the 2nd thing listed here. But anyhow, I understood some of this so thought I would share.

The reason I Searched this is:

So far, I haven't heard of any plans to make Twitter reads Closed Captioned. I love CC because for one, you can listen to something in peace and quiet :)

This was interesting. The only problem is I don't understand the 2nd thing listed here. But anyhow, I understood some of this so thought I would share.

So far, I haven't heard of any plans to make Twitter reads Closed Captioned. I love CC because for one, you can listen to something in peace and quiet :)
It looks to me that users have now less control over what they see in their app. I guess, "recommended" stuff prioritizes content from paying accounts. Also, if you want to see content of followed posters first, the app will change it to "recommended" content sometimes. I don´t use twitter but on Facebook I see "recommended" stuff too and it mostly sucks.

The star button used to allow you to filter between the most popular posts in your timeline with their pushed content interspaced in or between just the people you follow and the second tab was for your notifications. Now they have made notifications a button on the side, you default into the main tab being the pushed content and the second tab being the just people you follow content. It isn't a huge change but it is a change. Also the notifications tend to be slower than they used to be if you get one at all for certain interactions. For instance, if I liked your post, you would get an alert as soon as I do it. Now, you may never be notified or be notified hours later.

Now #1 on that list is just their way to try to force you to subscribe to twitter blue in order to get all the juicy info for a fee that the third party apps used to provide content providers. That data is important for people who are "influencers" who want to pitch their social media as part of you paying them or gifting them to promote something

One change he has made....

Marketplace (American Public Media) presented this morning that he told Twitter employees that Twitter was worth about $20B. He paid $44B for it.

Forum List

Back