Change You Can Believe In: Arab States Tiring Of Palestinian Overreaction To Trump’s Jerusalem Call

Trump just out-assholed the Palestinians. Outside of Ariel Sharon, that's never happened before.

They're sitting there like the coyote, holding a burnt parasol. Blink, blink.

I LOVE IT.

Arab League Afraid Palestinian Hysteria Over U.S. Jerusalem Move Will Invoke Trump Wrath

What??! Really I didn't imagine the tide would turn so quick.

Just to put it in context - this is the middle east, this response is NOT about money really, but clear recognition of who's strong.
If it's so -seems like for the 1st time in a long time there're actually a competent team in the WH, who are familiar with the Arab world beyond wikipedia.

The new sheriff must be accommodated with.

Last edited:
I would hope we all agree that with Jerusalem now off the table as an issue, the Palestinians now have a golden opportunity to work with Israel for a lasting peace before they lose even more. Or will Palestinian mentality still prevail?

Arab / Middle Easterners are famous for sticking their finger in the wind, and going whichever it blows. They can passionately hit the streets for one side, and the following week, they will be rooting just as passionately for another. The Palestinian IslamoNazis just exerted the few moves they had left and are now in the process of being check-mated by Israel.

I would hope we all agree that with Jerusalem now off the table as an issue, the Palestinians now have a golden opportunity to work with Israel for a lasting peace before they lose even more. Or will Palestinian mentality still prevail?

The edict on Jerusalem does preclude access and further agreements on the city. It's simply a call to action. A reminder that it's been 50 years and the clock is ticking. I expect there WILL be more progress towards negotiations in the next 3 years than in any previous Admin. And I would HOPE that includes the Arab League and the closest neighbors.

If you want to get folks attention -- sometimes you need to light a fire..

Actually, I read an article today that said the leader of Hamas, Michal(?), is in talks with the US to indeed declare a capital for a Palestinian state in east Jerusalem.

I am on my phone via tapatalk so no link right now.

Maybe this is against rules, I just don't have time to translate everything right now.
But here's an interesting Al-Jazeera debate with a Syrian and Edi Cohen.
When the Syrian pushes same ol' slogans about "Zionist cancer" that causes all the wars,
Dr. Faisal ridicules him, and it's not only about Syria - they're talking about the youth in whole Arab world and its' changing view on Israel.

Dr. Faisal:
"They begin to wonder where are we and Israel?
I'll read You lots of posts from Facebook that say: how many Syrians did Israel kill, and how many Syrians did the fascist regime with its' allied Shia militias kill? How much did Israel destroy Syria and how much Bashar Assad destroyed her? - Sir these are all facts, don't try to jump over them. The man is saying that Arabs beg Israel "Come and conquer us!"
"Can You somehow comprehend that? How could Arabs get there?
I ask You again - what did Israel do to Arabs and what did their despots do to their own?!"

Netanyahu's speech about Israel's future in the UN rings a bell...

Last edited:
Maybe this is against rules, I just don't have time to translate everything right now.
But here's an interesting Al-Jazeera debate with a Syrian and Edi Cohen.
When the Syrian pushes same ol' slogans about "Zionist cancer" that causes all the wars,
Dr. Faisal ridicules him, and it's not only about Syria - they're talking about the youth in whole Arab world and its' changing view on Israel.

Dr. Faisal:
"They begin to wonder where are we and Israel?
I'll read You lots of posts from Facebook that say: how many Syrians did Israel kill, and how many Syrians did the fascist regime with its' allied Shia militias kill? How much did Israel destroy Syria and how much Bashar Assad destroyed her? - Sir these are all facts, don't try to jump over them. The man is saying that Arabs beg Israel "Come and conquer us!"
"Can You somehow comprehend that? How could Arabs get there?
I ask You again - what did Israel do to Arabs and what did their despots do to their own?!"

Netanyahu's speech about Israel's future in the UN rings a bell...

Salah Kerata : "The enemy is foremost Israel! There's no way it's part of us neither in past, present or future. We'll oppose by all means, our fathers did, we do and our children will. Don't You remember 19 year old Muhand al-Halabi who in a a moment of grace and nobility decided to revenge for Arabism and Palestine! He killed 3 and injured 1 and placed terror in the hearts of the Zionists.
Sons of Arab nation will never agree to the existence of this cancer body."

Dr. Faisal: But Mr. Kerata don't You think that these things You've just said are outdated?
And that people who're watching You say : "Really, where does he live? "What conflict, and which bears, man? You really think Arabs have nothing else to deal with instead of the Arab-Israeli conflict, You're pushing air."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just hope Arabs begin to realize that keeping Palestinians in refugee camps while hoping that Israel will be eradicated - plays against them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back