Challah Bread Recipe

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
First try this recipe was good, but if I had to tweak it, I'd add an extra egg yolk (6 total not 5) and a quarter teaspoon more salt and quarter tablespoon more sugar.
The Best Bread Machine Challah Recipe - Genius Kitchen
Makes 2 loafs. Use Dough setting in bread machines, chosing to baking it in oven not in the bread machine.
If you have a strong oven it will make a thick crust, just adjust temp between 325-350 if you have such a difficult oven to adjust, maybe watch the time around 25-30 minutes to eye it's browning.
After final rise:Before Baked (sprinkle is pretzel salt)
tmp-cam--473995777.jpg

After baked:
tmp-cam--582937685.jpg

YUMMMM!

Excellent recipe.... Since you are a kohenime Michael are you trying to give everyone a hint that they are to provide the dough to the priests so they too can enjoy challah or are you just showing off your baking skills.... Regardless it should be very interesting when the Temple is rebuilt and all the old customs and traditions will be reinstituted maybe with some new modern flair such as I enjoyed the other day when I participated in a tu bu Shavuot sedar for the first time...We didn’t eat challah but we enjoyed many fruits and vegetables and wonderfull company...

The only lesson here is perseverance *L*
You know me, I always take things I'm bad at as a challenge to overcome and conquer or master it.
Bread, because of erratic yeast, was my last challenge. The smell of fresh bread is as pleasant as fresh coffee,
but the linger I think is making me eat half the thing. I already have to defrost the half a loaf I froze.

Lol....Perseverance is a good thing otherwise we would still be in caves eating less savory things besides nice tasting challah...I myself would have a tough time baking a loaf of challah and only eating half of it esp after toasting it and putting peanut butter on it so by you freezing half of it you are showing some willpower so don't feel too badly....

Forum List

Back