Celebrities push to "Defund Police", black activist pens op-ed making the case

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
‪This is a time of action.‬ ‪But it’s also a time to listen

Listen to me: defund the police.

You know, I don't want the police defunded. We need police because we have people who choose not to follow laws.

HOWEVER....................................

I would like to see the police unions disbanded, because they hold way too much power in being able to get police exonerated, even if they were in the wrong. I would also like to see some kind of screening for police, have them screened at least as well as the military is, and I'd like to see them held accountable, but that won't happen until the unions are gone.

And, if an officer is fired from a police force for disciplinary reasons, they should never be a police officer ever again. I know that if a person is kicked out of the military for disciplinary reasons, they can never rejoin their service, nor can they convert to another. They are effectively banned for life from serving again.

Defunding police and even abolishing the police does have it's good points. It would throw self defense right back at citizens where it belongs. Criminals will no longer be able to rely on an unarmed victim waiting for the police.

Forum List

Back