CBS Poll: Top 10 Issues for Americans

Yes, and thus the temporary effect. The media is doing what they do best, putting abortion front and center for everyone and basically encouraging a bunch of misinformation like "ABORTION BANNED". But in essence not much if anything will change for the vast majority of people. However there will be some changes along the edges. My contingent--white suburban women, always feckless--will move right back to the Dems probably. To their shame IMO

Don't count on that because it's those white suburban women that are getting hit the hardest since most of them work and go grocery shopping for the family. The rich could care less and the poor are taken care of by our government, which Dementia increased their food stamp stipend the most it's ever been increased since the program began.

Women are less likely to be knowledgeable about politics so they vote on personality which they hated Trump's. But now I'm sure many realize it's much better financially to ignore meanie Tweets than it is paying 120% more for gasoline.

Here's another angle to the growing poverty. It has to do with the economic gap between the wealthy and the poor. What's happening now is kinda like what happened during the great depression. FDR kicked ass and made America great again. Well, my opinion anyways.

Here's another angle to the growing poverty. It has to do with the economic gap between the wealthy and the poor. What's happening now is kinda like what happened during the great depression. FDR kicked ass and made America great again. Well, my opinion anyways.

FDR aided in dragging us into a ten-year depression. His domestic policy was disastrous.

FDR aided in dragging us into a ten-year depression. His domestic policy was disastrous.
WW1 troops marched on D.C. in1932 while Hoover was still President. They needed some of that WW1 bonus money they had been promised. This is how hard up and desperate they were. U.S. troops fired on them as per McArthur. Being born during WW 2, I got to talked to a lot of the old timers from that era and FDR was their god which is why he won four terms in office. Truman finished FDR's 4th term and then won another term. Ike took over as president and rebuilt America's infrastructure much like Biden wanted to do. FDR started all this by putting serious tax loads on the wealthy. Look at them now. Three billionaires owning half the wealth of this country don't cut it for the working class.

1. Inflation - 82%
2. Economy - 80%
3. Crime - 58%
4. Gun policy - 57%
5. Immigration - 45%
6. Abortion - 42%
7. Russia/Ukraine - 38%
8. Climate Change - 38%
9. Covid - 37%
10. Investigating Jan 6, 2021 - 33%

Gun policy can be both pro and anti gun, so that’s moot. Same with abortion.

That leaves Democrats focusing on everything except what’s important to the voters.

I wonder if the poll question was:

What are the the three most important issues to you right now?

Or was it:

Of the following issues we push in your face constantly, which are you most concerned about at the moment (pick as many as you want)?

We all know that it was closer to the latter.

So, basically, they set the narrative with such polls. While Inflation and the Economy is no surprise for ranking highly, it would have also been interesting to include other issues....

Diversity Equity and Inclusion would probably rank very low, so they don't include it.
LGBT issues would probably rank very low, so they don't include it.
Discussion of sexuality in schools would probably rank highly, so they don't include it.
America losing its historical values might rank highly, so they don't include it.
Biden's effectiveness as POTUS would probably rank highly, so they don't include it.

Polls can be so rigged. The media overwhelms the gullible with a narrative, and then they poll on the subject, and they say that most Americans believe the narrative.

And half the population has below-average intelligence, so any poll result is never interesting to me unless the result is >> 50% or << 50%.

Regards,
Jim

OK, so, not true. Biden has repeatedly said his top priority is inflation. Realistically, there's very little he can do about it, or has done to cause it despite Repub's smart (politically motivated) efforts to pin the blame on him. The economy has been doing very well which has caused inflationary pressure. Especially in the area of wage growth due to low unemployment. As for crime, Repubs have once again put the blame on Dems without showing a causal effect between policy and crime rising. They've done so by completely misrepresenting the mainstream position of Dems on funding police, and by conflating the nuanced, dubious efforts in some cities (SF) on decriminalizing minor crime with party policy.

Why is gun violence rising right now?
First, violence in the U.S. has been persistent for years so we’re coming from a very high baseline. Second, COVID-19 has presented major challenges, but it’s important to note that violence, especially gun violence, actually started increasing nationally in 2014. In addition, violence has not increased in most other high-income countries during the pandemic. So it’s not only the pandemic, but our politics, that presents a massive challenge.

American politics is hyperpolarized, and the criminal justice arena is no exception. The public is consistently presented with a false choice between absolutes: it’s all about tough policing and prosecution, or it’s the police and prosecutors who are the problem. It’s #BlackLivesMatter versus #BlueLivesMatter. A few leaders push back on this frame, but this either/or construct is the dominant criminal justice conversation in the country. This us versus them dynamic is profoundly destructive to sound anti-violence efforts because everything we know about violence reduction tells us that we need law enforcement, but we need community and other partners as well. And most importantly, we know that a single approach won’t work—we need everybody to work together. Unfortunately, the current conversation makes such partnerships nearly impossible.

Obviously, gun policy has been a Dem focus for decades. Attempts to curb gun violence having been blocked by Repubs who, once again, have used a misrepresentation of policy. In this case, enhanced gun control measures to stoke fear of "they're coming for your guns."

You trying to convince yourself Five Bucks A Gallon *Joe is not a disaster is funny as hell!

This is why it would be smart for Republicans to say they would pass a bill restricting abortion to 15 weeks or something. You and I oppose even that--but it's appealing to most Americans, and it paints liberals into the corner of going to the mat for late term abortions.
That would not be wise. Don’t step in and circumvent an issue that was sent to the states to decide. Let them do it and get the hell out of the abortion business all together. It’s no longer a national issue. Let that shit go.

Yes, and thus the temporary effect. The media is doing what they do best, putting abortion front and center for everyone and basically encouraging a bunch of misinformation like "ABORTION BANNED". But in essence not much if anything will change for the vast majority of people. However there will be some changes along the edges. My contingent--white suburban women, always feckless--will move right back to the Dems probably. To their shame IMO
I don’t think that’s happening for two reasons. Those women need husbands with jobs that can cover this inflation. They already have their kids and have been fixed, or he has, either way it’s not a priority.

Second is they aren’t all crack pots and know they have a son, or a daughter and can identify what they are no problem. They don’t really want this deviant shit taught to their kids.

For those two reasons alone I think a lot of them vote GOP this round.

Forum List

Back