CBO: ObamaCare will save 1 trillion in Medicare costs by 2021

And 8 years from now we can punch up this "projection" and have a good laugh. Kinda like the 1.4 tr ACA is projected to cost.
Pipe dreams.

And 8 years from now we can punch up this "projection" and have a good laugh. Kinda like the 1.4 tr ACA is projected to cost.
Pipe dreams.
Lol it's a projection based on an already established trend that began in 2011. The law is already saving costs now.

What a strange irony.

The government figured out how to save all this money....on a government program.

So, should we be happy over the savings....

Or questioning just where else we have this kind of stupid spending ?

I tend to be more in a camp that says this just proves what many have said all along......

Medicare is a government program.....that is inefficient (or do these saving say something else).

I also know that government props up the health care industry with this kind of stupidity.

To goat over saving.....seems kind of ignorant.

could be translated to read
obamacare is going to cost the taxpayers 1.4 trillion.
and I doubt that the cost as it was would be anywhere near 1.4 trillion.

could be translated to read
obamacare is going to cost the taxpayers 1.4 trillion.
and I doubt that the cost as it was would be anywhere near 1.4 trillion.

But we saved 1 billion......!!!!!

I don't know the numbers.

But I do know what percentage of 1.4 trillion 1 billion is......

It is statistical noise.

Not saying you are right....just sayin'.

Pipe dreams.
Lol it's a projection based on an already established trend that began in 2011. The law is already saving costs now.
And that established trend has been seen in every recession. You'd have more luck predicting who will win the World series in 2024 than predicting what a govt program is going to morph into.

Every entity - governmental, corporate, or your kids' allowance - functions on the principle of asking for more this year than they got last year. Let's see y'all give equal time to whining about Pentagon cost overruns.

Meanwhile, it's obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that if Medicare is able to cut waste (mostly paperwork) and reduce spending, that saves the taxpayer - even the whiny ones - money.

I don't think I've ever met anyone IRL who complained about saving money. Must be a message board thing.

Every entity - governmental, corporate, or your kids' allowance - functions on the principle of asking for more this year than they got last year. Let's see y'all give equal time to whining about Pentagon cost overruns.

Meanwhile, it's obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that if Medicare is able to cut waste (mostly paperwork) and reduce spending, that saves the taxpayer - even the whiny ones - money.

I don't think I've ever met anyone IRL who complained about saving money. Must be a message board thing.
It's also obvious to anyone that's been paying attention that expecting the federal govt to "save" money is akin to waiting for Santa Claus to appear. Ain't going to happen.

It's also obvious to anyone that's been paying attention that expecting the federal govt to "save" money is akin to waiting for Santa Claus to appear. Ain't going to happen.

Standard talking point. Got anything to back it up?

Take a look at history. When medicare was created the govt estimated that by 1990 it would cost 18 billion a year. In 1990 it cost 108 billion. Fairly standard for large fed programs.

Take a look at history. When medicare was created the govt estimated that by 1990 it would cost 18 billion a year. In 1990 it cost 108 billion. Fairly standard for large fed programs.

Is that adjusted for the difference between 1965 dollars and 1990?

In any case, now they're cutting waste and you're still whining.

Frequently, that is to say always, government "savings" come about through various methods that have little to do with reality and usually are more along the lines of a wife saying to her husband, "I saved us $100 today because all the shoes I bought were on sale". The husband does not agree that buying $700 worth of shoes represents saving money. When government talks about "saving" money, it's usually from an inflated baseline and ignores what would have been saved had the spending never taken place. Hence, every such proclamation is taken with a very large grain of salt.

Frequently, that is to say always, government "savings" come about through various methods that have little to do with reality and usually are more along the lines of a wife saying to her husband, "I saved us $100 today because all the shoes I bought were on sale". The husband does not agree that buying $700 worth of shoes represents saving money. When government talks about "saving" money, it's usually from an inflated baseline and ignores what would have been saved had the spending never taken place. Hence, every such proclamation is taken with a very large grain of salt.

And this opinion is only accurate when addressed to government excesses. No corporation would ever do such a thing, pass its profits on to its stockholders, and rip off its customers. That conversation in the other thread about the costs of cancer drugs, for example, has no bearing on this one.

And this opinion is only accurate when addressed to government excesses. No corporation would ever do such a thing, pass its profits on to its stockholders, and rip off its customers. That conversation in the other thread about the costs of cancer drugs, for example, has no bearing on this one.
We were not talking about corporate behavior, in case you were confused.

11825964_817029198413806_3275612391405069704_n.jpg

Pipe dreams.
And that established trend has been seen in every recession. You'd have more luck predicting who will win the World series in 2024 than predicting what a govt program is going to morph into.

Exactly.

If the people who put Social Security in place could have seen what it is now....they would have implemented something different.

Forum List

Back