Catholic hating Dodgers lose.

The playoff fiasco in MLB is a disgrace to competitive sports.

In football, where they don't play all that many games, and weather and injuries play a significant role, it makes sense to have many teams in the playoffs, because some teams had poor records due to factors outside their control.

But for a sport with 162(!) regular season games, the better teams have come out on top, and three rounds of playoffs are the most that should be presented. Division playoff, league playoff, and World Series. Teams that didn't even win their division should not be in. Allowing teams with mediocre records cheapens the playoffs. But of course with this crazy format, half the teams in the majors still have "a shot" halfway through September.

In football, where they don't play all that many games, and weather and injuries play a significant role, it makes sense to have many teams in the playoffs, because some teams had poor records due to factors outside their control.

But for a sport with 162(!) regular season games, the better teams have come out on top, and three rounds of playoffs are the most that should be presented. Division playoff, league playoff, and World Series. Teams that didn't even win their division should not be in. Allowing teams with mediocre records cheapens the playoffs. But of course with this crazy format, half the teams in the majors still have "a shot" halfway through September.
And very good teams like the Phillies, who have no real chance to catch the division leading Braves but are very good and hot coming in, are a tremendous threat.
Maybe take the 3 division leaders and only one WC, best record that didn't win the division. Or make 4 divisions and only division winners play.

Why change it? It works well. Maybe too many days off? The only exciting baseball is the last few weeks and the playoffs now? Getting like NBA.

The Dodgers sent out Lance Lynn a two month washed up rental. Lynn jas been mostly mediocre forever and not really good in Playoffs. They sent out Kershaw (again) to fail. They try to buy a team (like the Yankmees) and its not working. Who is the pitching coach? TEX & STL get a lot more out of less.

ARIZ improved all year and are now better than old over-rated LA. Kiki Hernandez and Taylor? Your gonna win with that? Betts & Freeman got shut down and thats all it took. Only Will Smith showed ready to play. Dave Roberts is? Ugh, are the Dodgers too old?

But LA deserves to go to NLCS because they beat up on SD in March?

Why change it? It works well. Maybe too many days off? The only exciting baseball is the last few weeks and the playoffs now? Getting like NBA.

The Dodgers sent out Lance Lynn a two month washed up rental. Lynn jas been mostly mediocre forever and not really good in Playoffs. They sent out Kershaw (again) to fail. They try to buy a team (like the Yankmees) and its not working. Who is the pitching coach? TEX & STL get a lot more out of less.

ARIZ improved all year and are now better than old over-rated LA. Kiki Hernandez and Taylor? Your gonna win with that? Betts & Freeman got shut down and thats all it took. Only Will Smith showed ready to play. Dave Roberts is? Ugh, are the Dodgers too old?

But LA deserves to go to NLCS because they beat up on SD in March?
The division winners are in the playoffs because they finished on top after 162 games. Now there are a couple of really weak divisions I will grant you. And if you lock up your division with say a week or so to go, chances are you take a look at some other players while the teams fighting for a WC are going all out to get there.....and that streak often carries over like this year.

Those are very well thought out points. But I disagree.

Even the wild card teams in baseball generally have a pretty decent record when they get in. For example, the Rangers and Astros had identical records, 90 wins and 72 losses I believe…. The Rangers did not win the division based on a technicality. But now they’re facing the Astros for the American League championship.

I think it’s good for baseball, more playoff games. More attention is given to the sport. They need to figure out a way to become the national pastime again. To overtake the NFL ratings.

The National Hockey League allows 8 of 16 teams in each conference into the playoffs. What do you think about that because I think it’s a proper thing?

The NBA allows 10 of 16 teams from each conference into the playoffs. And both the NBA and NHL play 82 games. I think it’s OK. It’s fine for the sport attract more fans and creates competitiveness I think. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
And very good teams like the Phillies, who have no real chance to catch the division leading Braves but are very good and hot coming in, are a tremendous threat.
Maybe take the 3 division leaders and only one WC, best record that didn't win the division. Or make 4 divisions and only division winners play.
For purity.... currently there are 30 teams.... Two fifteen team leagues. It's getting the same number of games against each team that is a problem. Reduce two teams and in 14 team leagues 13 time 12 equals 156 games.

For purity.... currently there are 30 teams.... Two fifteen team leagues. It's getting the same number of games against each team that is a problem. Reduce two teams and in 14 team leagues 13 time 12 equals 156 games.
Back to what it used to be.....

They met an opposing team getting hot at the right time and they got smoked.
I don't think God cares about baseball. :)
Whatever.

It's just the little things in life that make life worth living, like this player trying to hide his face in shame.

1697125128504.png

Imagine, spending a gazillion dollars, more money than God actually has, and winning over a 100 games in the season, however, you not only lose the first playoff series, you can't even win one game.

1697125257448.png

Whatever.

It's just the little things in life that make life worth living, like this player trying to hide his face in shame.

View attachment 841927

Imagine, spending a gazillion dollars, more money than God actually has, and winning over a 100 games in the season, however, you not only lose the first playoff series, you can't even win one game.

View attachment 841928
choking for ten straight years.....

Betts and Freeman ($500million) went 1-37 (infield single game 2 that could have been called an error).

I guess that is what happens to the best of them......fall way behind due to horrible pitching (again).....the team begins to press. Doing almost nothing until late in game 3. Even that was because young ARIZ started to celebrate a bit and lost urgency IMVHO.

I called it before it started. If your season depends on Lance Lynn (or Kershaw) you are finished. I saw 300lb toilet-plugging Lynn on STL perform as an OK innings eater but when it counted the most? Ah....so-so at best a few times out. Ironically, I think he did OK and beat LA once in the playoffs?

Dave Roberts? Lost a bunch of them now. Winning only the Fauchi Flu shutdown bubble tournament. Magic Johnson in the front office? What could go wrong? After what he did to destroy the Lakers....now the Dodgers. But eh? Affirmative action and all.

Betts and Freeman ($500million) went 1-37 (infield single game 2 that could have been called an error).

I guess that is what happens to the best of them......fall way behind due to horrible pitching (again).....the team begins to press. Doing almost nothing until late in game 3. Even that was because young ARIZ started to celebrate a bit and lost urgency IMVHO.

I called it before it started. If your season depends on Lance Lynn (or Kershaw) you are finished. I saw 300lb toilet-plugging Lynn on STL perform as an OK innings eater but when it counted the most? Ah....so-so at best a few times out. Ironically, I think he did OK and beat LA once in the playoffs?

Dave Roberts? Lost a bunch of them now. Winning only the Fauchi Flu shutdown bubble tournament. Magic Johnson in the front office? What could go wrong? After what he did to destroy the Lakers....now the Dodgers. But eh? Affirmative action and all.
Maybe all the Catholics on the team threw the game

:D

That is one loss for Jesus!

I had forgotten about that Devil-worshipping BS they allowed to parade around on the field.

I had forgotten about that self-inflicted error by Dodgers.
View attachment 841936
I didn't forget, and never will forget.

God's crusaders had a pool party after smiting their godless heathen opponents.

The Diamondbacks players celebrate their sweep over the Dodgers by jumping into a pool at Chase Field.

Watch out below. The Diamondbacks crash the pool suite at Chase Field.

Cannonball! Diamondbacks players go for the big splash​

Cannonball! Players on the Diamondbacks celebrate in style.

Cannonball! Watch out below. The Diamondbacks make a splash by advancing to the NLCS.

Diamondbacks take back rightful ownership of pool suite​

It's a full-on pool party for Diamondbacks players at Chase Field.

Diamondbacks left fielder Corbin Carroll jumps into a pool with cell phone and all.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Diamondbacks postgame pool party in photos
View comments (9)

More from
USA TODAY Sports​

Lynn throws like 70% fastballs, and is not as good as when he was a Cardinal.....just sit and wait on the fastball.

Forum List

Back