What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carp Cooking In Ukraine

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Man someone is living the life, enough money for a nice place and a nine lookin' woman that isn’t afraid to process and cook a fish. ;)

Prof.Lunaphile

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Boy, that's a good video - got any more?

I couldn't turn it off - wow!

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thats some big ass fish!!!

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man someone is living the life, enough money for a nice place and a nine lookin' woman that isn’t afraid to process and cook a fish. ;)
Looked great, but I thought carp was a trash fish.

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Reaction score

Carp Cooking In Ukraine​

Man, those Ukrainians sure are living the life! Better than we are here in America! Now I know where my 70 Billion went that Joe Biden gave to them of my money, and why the Dems were so hot to protect these people in 2018 by impeaching Donald Trump for a phone call! Someone has a good thing going on here and everyone is making out while Joe America is getting screwed again.

Godboy

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Using a pressure washer to descale a fish? GENIUS!!!

OP
1srelluc

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Looked great, but I thought carp was a trash fish.
It is in my AO.....They are a thing in GB, the EU, and Asia though.

OP
1srelluc

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Carp tastes like mud and it's boney but here in the Czech Rep. it's traditional for Xmas dinner.
I read where folks in the EU would buy a live one, put it in a holding tank, feed it veggies, and then butcher it for X-Mas.

OP
1srelluc

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They put them in their bathtubs for a day or two sometimes.
Well they were Germans, had a outdoor spring-fed holding pond, and fed it for a month.....You know how the square-heads have to over-engineer everything. ;)

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Reaction score

Did it show what was in the red sauce she put on the fish before baking? I was watching ...but the hubby came in the room, asked me a question, talked about it being freezing.... 33 degrees this morning, turned back to watch and she was putting the carp on the cooking rack covered in a red sauce??? What's the red sauce? :(

Blues Man

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never could acquire a taste for fish. I just don't like it.

OP
1srelluc

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Did it show what was in the red sauce she put on the fish before baking? I was watching ...but the hubby came in the room, asked me a question, talked about it being freezing.... 33 degrees this morning, turned back to watch and she was putting the carp on the cooking rack covered in a red sauce??? What's the red sauce? :(
No idea....According to the thread I pulled it from she has a on-line presence that fleshes that part out but I did not bother looking for it.

Of course there is the tried and true Southern Yellow Pine Board Carp recipe. ;)

• Scale and rinse fish well.
  • Cut in 1/2 and place on yellow pine board.
  • Add your favorite spices.
  • Bake at 340* for 90 minutes.
  • Remove from oven, throw carp away.
  • Serve board with or without tarter sauce.

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
I never could acquire a taste for fish. I just don't like it.
As a child and through teens, I hated fish, except shell fish...loved shrimp, scallops, oysters, clams fried.

But then in late teens and early 20s, I lived in Florida ....and went fishing with friends, and we lucked in to a bunch of red snapper and yellow tail which we had a fish fry party and it was a light tasting, flakey white fish....delicious! From that point on I tried all kinds of fresh, white, delicious types of fish at the restaurants there.... And love em all..... Sauteed is good too, with lemon butter sauce.

But.. I do not like, at all...greasy or dark or strong fishy tasting fish like Mackerel.....yuk.

OP
1srelluc

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As a child and through teens, I hated fish, except shell fish...loved shrimp, scallops, oysters, clams fried.

But then in late teens and early 20s, I lived in Florida ....and went fishing with friends, and we lucked in to a bunch of red snapper and yellow tail which we had a fish fry party and it was a light tasting, flakey white fish....delicious! From that point on I tried all kinds of fresh, white, delicious types of fish at the restaurants there.... And love em all..... Sauteed is good too, with lemon butter sauce.

But.. I do not like, at all...greasy or dark or strong fishy tasting fish like Mackerel.....yuk.
Then Surströmming would not be for you. ;)

đź’˛ Amazon Deals đź’˛

New Topics

Forum List