Carl Sagan was correct. He still is.

So you're a cowardly pathetic snipe as well. Go shoot your load somewhere else!!!

Greg
short bus moochers 1.jpg

nah, now get back on the bus

Globalism won't be stopped, the world became much smaller with the advent of the internet. The issue is in regards to what degree and how will nations genuinely trust one another, especially as it pertains to trade?
The only people who embrace globalism are the ones who cannot fend for themselves. They want to suck off of the tit of those who are capable of feeding themselves.

The only people who embrace globalism are the ones who cannot fend for themselves. They want to suck off of the tit of those who are capable of feeding themselves.
Communication is too quick, money too mobile. Borders have value but will be increasingly lax. Cultural issues will help maintain the nation state but the world is shifting fast and the definitions will as well. It's going to be a challenge that's for sure.

Globalism won't be stopped, the world became much smaller with the advent of the internet. The issue is in regards to what degree and how will nations genuinely trust one another, especially as it pertains to trade?

I think all that will happen is that technology will make it easier for the authorities to control people.
Quantum computers, connects to facial recognition cameras, huge amounts of data that will tell the police everything they need to know about you, how to manipulate you, where you are, what you're likely to do in the future......

We're screwed

"Human history can be viewed as a slowly dawning awareness that we are members of a larger group. Initially our loyalties were to ourselves and our immediate family, next, to bands of wandering hunter-gatherers, then to tribes, small settlements, city-states, nations. We have broadened the circle of those we love. We have now organized what are modestly described as super-powers, which include groups of people from divergent ethnic and cultural backgrounds working in some sense together — surely a humanizing and character building experience. If we are to survive, our loyalties must be broadened further, to include the whole human community, the entire planet Earth. Many of those who run the nations will find this idea unpleasant. They will fear the loss of power. We will hear much about treason and disloyalty. Rich nation-states will have to share their wealth with poor ones. But the choice, as H. G. Wells once said in a different context, is clearly the universe or nothing." ~

Carl Sagan
The loss of power?
Who are you and Carl trying to fool?
It would become a centralized world power/government that would dominate human affairs through an overly complicated bureaucracy and cater even further to an elite class.

But never mind that. I see you are already flaming your own thread into oblivion.

Maybe I will check back when it's in the Sewer.

The loss of power?
Who are you and Carl trying to fool?
It would become a centralized world power/government that would dominate human affairs through an overly complicated bureaucracy and cater even further to an elite class.

But never mind that. I see you are already flaming your own thread into oblivion.

Maybe I will check back when it's in the Sewer.
really?

deleon reflection 2.png

Quantum computers, connects to facial recognition cameras, huge amounts of data that will tell the police everything they need to know about you, how to manipulate you, where you are, what you're likely to do in the future......
Perhaps Maybelline will be accommodating Frigid one.....

dwhhjb8wmyi71.jpg

~S~

We justifiably have difficulties trusting our own leaders. There’s not a lot to recommend placing trust in the leadership of “others.”

Carl Sagan was a bright scientist and a pretty good educator. But some of his political and social views were plainly just strained philosophy bolstered by a reputation for intelligence in another field.
Sagan’s quote wasn’t calling for trusting leaders. It actually said that leaders would be against the idea because they will lose power.

I think all that will happen is that technology will make it easier for the authorities to control people.

We're screwed
Na there're ways to fool facial recognition. We have some time of freedom left. But facial recognition plus contact evaluation in the end we are ducked with an f. I spend a great deal of time in the woods and on the water so I am slowing big brother down. Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.

Forum List

Back