Car Shortages to increase?

Vehicles are extremely complex products requiring thousands of suppliers all working in concert to produce the end product.

From dashboard to bumper sensors there's a lot of various parts...all JIT.

There are other commodities in short supply that are as equally complicated because of supply chain interruptions.... like housing.
Lumber is just one component...just like the nail guns powered by air compressors...powered by generators. Nevermind all the carpeting and appliances and ducts, doors, and switches and etc.

And if you can't complete a house you can't sell it either.

If they are having issues with groceries on the shelves they definitely can't build automobiles.

Like it or not, somebody decided a long time ago, that some industries or types of production would be better off shore.
Better off for who?

Not very many Americans benefit by cheap stuff from china

The big brains could not have made a worse choice than communist china

We should trade with our friends when the laws of comparative advantage apply

But china is an enemy no less than nazi germany, imperial japan and the soviet union were

I work in the auto industry and have for many years.
I know what I’m talking about.
If you don’t believe it, that is your problem.
Stay ignorant if you wish.
You dont know what you are saying

I have two cars and need no more.
It depends how big your family is, what you do with them, how far you drive to work, how much driving you do on the job, and what you get reimbursed for miles. And don't be such a damn high california barber cutting up other people and dragging them by the hair of their head our of their cars.

Better off for who?

Not very many Americans benefit by cheap stuff from china

The big brains could not have made a worse choice than communist china

We should trade with our friends when the laws of comparative advantage apply

But china is an enemy no less than nazi germany, imperial japan and the soviet union were
I always thought, pollution was why they did not protect the steel industry.

I always thought, pollution was why they did not protect the steel industry.
Does china do it cleaner?

According to all reports china is a dirty place to make anything

But thats ok with greenie globalists in America

Out of sight, out of mind, huh?

Does china do it cleaner?

According to all reports china is a dirty place to make anything

But thats ok with greenie globalists in America

Out of sight, out of mind, huh?
No, they don't. Doubt Japan does either, and I think they are another beneficiary of decline of American steel production.
"Out of sight, out of mind, huh?"
Looks like it to me, of course, I don't live in a steel town. What do you think?

No, they don't. Doubt Japan does either, and I think they are another beneficiary of decline of American steel production.
"Out of sight, out of mind, huh?"
Looks like it to me, of course, I don't live in a steel town. What do you think?
I’m not sure what your point is

But my point is the utter stupidity of doing business with china

If we lose steel production to friends and allies thats unfortunate but not a national disaster

But being dependent on our No 1 enemy is just asking for trouble

Not only for consumer goods but for pharmaceuticals

There is no national self-interest to let firms seek cheaper labor from foreign nations.

I make a motion that Congress tax expatriate firms at the federal minimum wage revenue they would have received from US labor.

I’m not sure what your point is

But my point is the utter stupidity of doing business with china

If we lose steel production to friends and allies thats unfortunate but not a national disaster

But being dependent on our No 1 enemy is just asking for trouble

Not only for consumer goods but for pharmaceuticals
My point was responding to your premise. It is not just China, although I am certainly no fan of China. We should not be in a position to depend on any other country. A non-communist country would be little better in the long run.
You also asked, if the decision or lack of decision that led to it allowing it in the first place was based on people ignoring the problem (at least with regard to steel) thinking short term that it was better the steel milling operations were better out of sight, out of mind. I said that is how it appeared the decision or lack of decision was made.
There were lots of environmental issues with the steel industry in the 70s. Nobody ever saw a clean steel mill back then, they wanted to live next to or a large coke fired steel operation (most popular and common during that time) that could not be smelled or able to avoid the stinging in the eyes of a steel mill in their town. or avoid the acid rain effects on forests. Nobody ever said, "Let just turn it over to the communist countries, less caring about their environment or public health in steel towns." No action was taken that prevented countries from dumping cheap steel on American market and industry went along with it, more than happy to buy from the lowest priced source, such as Japan. Americans can't resist what they see as a bargain, with little regard to future implications.

I trade in every 2 years looking for a one year old audi with no more than 12000miles ....inventory is slim picking round here ..three to 5 hour drives in any particular direction they're be deals to be had ....

I always buy somewhere around November to January when car dealers are slow ....looking alot the last couple weeks

Gurus to carvana to you name it

Carvana turned me off thier warranties are quadruple lol rip off artist mother fuckers ....I can buy an extend warranty directly from audi or my audi dealer anyway for a 3rd less ...I shit ya not ...

I ain't buying from carvana...no ....a dealer outside Atlanta has one right up my ally at the right price ..

I cracked the taillight last week in a parking garage lot ....whoops...fucked up a farmers truck rear quarter .....I got a little black mark and a cracked taillight ....the lights still work ..... I already had shipped ...no cops he's gonna get an estimate and I'm gonna pay

I know it gonna cost be 1200 to 2 grand ....no cops no insurance no reports ....totally my fault ...he was cool about it ....well the cops were there but no report ....even if ya just love tap someone in Tennessee they call the cops

Shit happpens
Total southern gentleman....

Last edited:
Oh, is that strategy only allowed for shutting down people's lives over a cold?
Look around. It's a panicky society, these days. Read this board. People panic at the drop of a hat. They figure panicking right off the bat saves time and more likely to make the 24-hour news cycle or get the most responses.

Forum List

Back