Cannot repeat enough: Many repubs repeating Russian propoganda

As if withholding Ukrainian aid will stop further loss of Ukrainian lives and land, with peace as the magical result.

Putin and Medvedev have said Ukraine is a part of Russia, with the latter saying there can be no peace talks with Zelensky representing Ukraine's leadership.

So, halting aid will merely hasten Russia's conquest and occupation.

A website founded by a former US Marine who now lives in Russia has fuelled a rumour that Volodymyr Zelensky purchased two luxury yachts with American aid money... It was an incredible assertion - using two advisers as proxies, Mr Zelensky paid $75m (£59m) for two yachts. But not only has the Ukrainian government flatly denied the story, the two ships in question have not even been sold...

There are people who would cut Social Security, throw our grandparents into poverty. Why? So that one of the Zelensky’s ministers can buy a bigger yacht? Kiss my ass, Steve, it’s not happening.” Sen Vance's Press releases.

“I think the notion of corruption came up because some have said we can’t do it, because people will buy yachts with the money. He disabused people of those notions with the reforms that he’s made out the (International Monetary Fund) and (European Union). There have been substantial reforms,” North Carolina Republican Sen. Thom Tillis said.

Last Monday, Greene told Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast that Ukraine was waging a “war against Christianity” and Russians “seem to be protecting” the religion. The idea of Russia as a great (white) Christian nation has been percolating in right-wing thinking for more than a decade, despite Russia’s history of suppressing non-Orthodox Christianity and exerting power over the Russian Orthodox Church.
But Greene didn’t limit herself to praising Russia’s religious nationalism on Bannon’s show: She cited, as fact, anti-Ukraine disinformation that “the Ukrainian government is attacking Christians” and “executing priests.” This prompted former Rep. Ken Buck, another Republican, to call Greene “Moscow Marjorie” on CNN.

👆 Yup, Congressional Republicans pushing Putin's anti-Ukraine propaganda.

A website founded by a former US Marine who now lives in Russia has fuelled a rumour that Volodymyr Zelensky purchased two luxury yachts with American aid money... It was an incredible assertion - using two advisers as proxies, Mr Zelensky paid $75m (£59m) for two yachts. But not only has the Ukrainian government flatly denied the story, the two ships in question have not even been sold...

There are people who would cut Social Security, throw our grandparents into poverty. Why? So that one of the Zelensky’s ministers can buy a bigger yacht? Kiss my ass, Steve, it’s not happening.” Sen Vance's Press releases.

“I think the notion of corruption came up because some have said we can’t do it, because people will buy yachts with the money. He disabused people of those notions with the reforms that he’s made out the (International Monetary Fund) and (European Union). There have been substantial reforms,” North Carolina Republican Sen. Thom Tillis said.

Last Monday, Greene told Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast that Ukraine was waging a “war against Christianity” and Russians “seem to be protecting” the religion. The idea of Russia as a great (white) Christian nation has been percolating in right-wing thinking for more than a decade, despite Russia’s history of suppressing non-Orthodox Christianity and exerting power over the Russian Orthodox Church.
But Greene didn’t limit herself to praising Russia’s religious nationalism on Bannon’s show: She cited, as fact, anti-Ukraine disinformation that “the Ukrainian government is attacking Christians” and “executing priests.” This prompted former Rep. Ken Buck, another Republican, to call Greene “Moscow Marjorie” on CNN.

👆 Yup, Congressional Republicans pushing Putin's anti-Ukraine propaganda.
And they call themselves patriots...

“In Dr. Johnson’s famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer, I beg to submit that it is the first.”—Ambrose Bierce, The Devil’s Dictionary, at entry for patriotism, The Collected Writings of Ambrose Bierce, p. 323 (1946, reprinted 1973).

H. L. Mencken added this to Johnson’s dictum: “But there is something even worse: it is the first, last, and middle range of fools.”—The World, New York City, November 7, 1926, p. 3E.

This particular instance is referencing the insistence the Ukraine started the war.
I’ve seen plenty of the loonies on this website say that, sure

Can’t say I’ve heard a republican politician come out and say that, though

Listening to Margie Green go on about how terrible it was for Johnson to introduce Ukrainian aid, I have to ask, "Is this woman a Russian Asset?" Putin is controlling far right repubs!
She's correct.... The depth of corruption between the Ukrainian government and the American government is so deep that I dare say most of that $65 billion dollars will do nothing more than get laundered and make its way back here into the personal bank accounts of dozens of legislators who were ego to pass the bill. The fact that the government accounting office is not allowed to track that money after it goes to Ukraine should tell you everything you need to know.

This particular instance is referencing the insistence the Ukraine started the war.
I don't think Ukraine started the war. I think NATO did. I have a feeling Zelensky was strong armed into this War.

You need to wake up to the fact that there is no way Ukraine will beat Russia, ever.
We just sent them more for bullets but they are severely short on fresh young bodies.........so I guess, sooner or later we are going to export our young people.

The vast majority of the money that the U.S. "gives" to Ukraine goes to the American military complex. That creates millions of high paying jobs for Americans.

We ship the munitions to Ukraine after they're manufactured in the U.S.

So, the majority of the money goes to the American "Little Guy".
Millions?
Profiting from mass killing..............real cool.
Did you really think that cash was being transferred to Zelensky's personal bank account?
Guess you didn't hear about the Dacha Zelensky's mommy suddenly purchased?

The vast majority of the money that the U.S. "gives" to Ukraine goes to the American military complex. That creates millions of high paying jobs for Americans.

We ship the munitions to Ukraine after they're manufactured in the U.S.

So, the majority of the money goes to the American "Little Guy".

Did you really think that cash was being transferred to Zelensky's personal bank account?

Guess again!

What "little guy"? The average Defense industry salary in the United States as of March 2024 is $44.51 an hour or $92575 per year.

You've never made that much at any point in your entire life.

For those of us that don't pay the Washington Post, what specifically is the Russian propaganda that Republicans are repeating?
The opening paragraph:

Rep. Michael R. Turner (R-Ohio), who chairs the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said Sunday that it was “absolutely true” that some Republican members of Congress were repeating Russian propaganda about the invasion of Ukraine instigated by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Turner is the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. He should know.

OK. I gather you don't like Republicans. But my question is - what specifically is the Russian propaganda that Republicans are allegedly repeating?
The usual shit. Russia invaded Ukraine "because Nazis". Undermining trust in our internal institutions. Ukraine is waging a war against Christianity. Zelensky used aid money to buy himself two yachts.

So forth, and so on.

Forum List

Back