Cannabis poisoning in young children increased nine times after legalization.

What is cannabis poisoning? What does it do? If it does something bad, I hope they have laws holding parents, guardians and adults in the residence responsible.
Cannibis "poisoning" just makes you paranoid and time seems to slow, for about an hour. When people go to the hospital for it, do you know what they do to treat it? They tell you to sit in one of those hospital beds while the nurses secretly giggle about you in the other room. Thats it. You cant die from it and you feel fine in an hour.

You asked why folks don't demand bans on alcohol, I provided an answer. I'll put you in the 'yes' column for my question.

Income taxes are part of the Constitution, yet people call for doing away with them.

We have people calling for the removal of Senators being elected by the people.

Fire arms are protected by the Constitution, yet we have people wanting to ban them.

There are a lot of things in the Constitution that people are against.

Besides, if people really thought booze was an issue they could just make the drinking age 50. That would not be more against the Constitution than it being 21

Income taxes are part of the Constitution, yet people call for doing away with them.

We have people calling for the removal of Senators being elected by the people.

Fire arms are protected by the Constitution, yet we have people wanting to ban them.

There are a lot of things in the Constitution that people are against.

Besides, if people really thought booze was an issue they could just make the drinking age 50. That would not be more against the Constitution than it being 21
Intelligent folks seek amendments to change what we do not like. Likewise Intelligent folks should seek amendments for things they would like to add, not rely on shoddy legislation and activist courts.

But not enough brain damaged kids from booze to satisfy you so you want to add more by making pot more available

I do not think law abiding citizens should be punished for the actions of those breaking the law.

I have this weird fondness for freedom and liberty. Two things you will never understand.

I do not think law abiding citizens should be punished for the actions of those breaking the law.
I would not extend absolutes to harmful drugs

we have enough problems with booze without adding drugs to our troubles

I would not extend absolutes to harmful drugs

we have enough problems with booze without adding drugs to our troubles

MJ is no more harmful than booze, less so in many cases.

Its harmful enough that kids shouldnt touch it

or did you not bother to read the link that began this thread?

You are correct kids should not, just as kids should not touch alcohol.

But neither of those are a good enough reason to make them illegal.

But neither of those are a good enough reason to make them illegal.
We tried outlawing booze but it was too engrained in our culture going back thousands of years

not so with pot, cocaine, heroin, and other harmful drugs

We tried outlawing booze but it was too engrained in our culture going back thousands of years

not so with pot, cocaine, heroin, and other harmful drugs

Pot is no worse than booze, there is no good reason other than religious biases for it to be illegal.

Pot is no worse than booze, there is no good reason other than religious biases for it to be illegal.
If it is a religious issue for you then naturally the harm to children is outweighed by your dislike for religion

but evangelicals do not approve of drunkeness either

which is sound reasoning that druggies cannot understand since they have fried their brains

If it is a religious issue for you then naturally the harm to children is outweighed by your dislike for religion

but evangelicals do not approve of drunkeness either

which is sound reasoning that druggies cannot understand since they have fried their brains

I do admit, I dislike most organized religion.

You are right about evangelicals, but they take it so much further. When I was still a part of the church I got a talking to from my pastor for walking down the booze aisle at the grocery store.

I am not a druggie, not really even a drinker outside of Truly once or twice a week. But I do not think our laws should be based on just the things I want to do personally. The vast majority of people that use MJ are just like the vast majority of people that drink booze, they are not druggies or drunks.

Cannibis "poisoning" just makes you paranoid and time seems to slow, for about an hour. When people go to the hospital for it, do you know what they do to treat it? They tell you to sit in one of those hospital beds while the nurses secretly giggle about you in the other room. Thats it. You cant die from it and you feel fine in an hour.
Oh, it just getting high. Well fine. I sure wouldn't waste time and perfectly good high sitting around a ER, when I could be listening to good music, eating munchies and getting laid, but maybe that's just me.:dunno:

Oh, it just getting high. Well fine. I sure wouldn't waste time and perfectly good high sitting around a ER, when I could be listening to good music, eating munchies and getting laid, but maybe that's just me.:dunno:
Sounds more like you're taking LSD.

This is about children being poisoned. You don't think there could could be long term effects on a developing brain?

Sounds more like you're taking LSD.

This is about children being poisoned. You don't think there could could be long term effects on a developing brain?
Didn't seem to affect me. I became a national honors graduate of the 14th highest rated university in the southeast. Maybe I wasn't sufficiently poisoned, though I used to get pretty wasted, back in the day, mostly with a really nice ceramic elephant bong, as joints would get pretty rough on the throat, as much as I was smoking. Now I only get stoned when I go to a free man state for skiing. Look at that smile on my face on top of that mountain. It was 12 degrees.

Forum List

Back